Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 03-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cat on LRT?

my blackie becomes very, very quiet when he's frightened. i think he feels it's safer if he keeps quiet, less noticeable.

oh, he is a very timid cat. i can't take him out to the park, too. but he got used to being taken to the gym or jacuzzi occassionally. he has associated those places with home, not outside, hahaha.

but the first few times, when i open the bag in the gym, he cowered right to the back and won't come out. then, when we went home, it took a while for him to realize he's home, and he runs out and went straight into hiding, with his tail tucked between his legs.

and he hasn't really seen the real outside world as i don't take him out of the condo premises except to the vet. so, he's still a katak bawah tin milo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euanna View Post
Wahh... your Blackie is so well behaved I'm envious.. my 2 kittens are monkeys, screaming banshee. At home they climb almost anything, extra curious and nosy. Bring them outside, they cower in fear and screamed loudly. I tried taking them to the nearby park once but both were trembling I went home after 10minutes...

I would love to have my kittens see life outside 4 walls..but alas, the time has not yet come...
Old 03-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

euanna is on a distinguished road

Sounds like my kittens.. ran out of the carrier straight under the chair / behind the fridge when we came back from vet...

I wonder when is most frightening to them..? When they cower and trembles quietly.. or when they mew loudly?

Speaking of carrying cat/kitten around, do you think those calming remedies work? (I saw some liquid type / spray pheromone thingy to calm down your cats.. wondered if it works..)
Old 03-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

my blackie never mews loudly when he's frightened, so i've no idea when is most frightening for them - quiet or loud mews.

the only time he mews in fright, or is it protest, is when i'm bathing him.

other times, different kind of sounds, like rrrrrr, or crroooo, ngek, eek, aiyah, or ngau-ngau (1st one low pitch, 2nd one higher pitch).

never tried those calming remedies before, so i'm afraid i can't comment.

Quote:
Sounds like my kittens.. ran out of the carrier straight under the chair / behind the fridge when we came back from vet...

I wonder when is most frightening to them..? When they cower and trembles quietly.. or when they mew loudly?

Speaking of carrying cat/kitten around, do you think those calming remedies work? (I saw some liquid type / spray pheromone thingy to calm down your cats.. wondered if it works..)
Old 03-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

euanna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
other times, different kind of sounds, like rrrrrr, or crroooo, ngek, eek, aiyah, or ngau-ngau (1st one low pitch, 2nd one higher pitch).
So cute.. sounds like he purrs alot
Old 04-19-2009, 03:10 PM
CATSS & ANIMALS LOVER

farrahnize is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to farrahnize

hrmm...not all taxi driver yg refuse utk bwk kucing...i ader experienced yg membuktikannya.and kat cnie nak citer pengalaman yg tak mungkin i sanggup lalui lagi.Last 5 years i baru abes study..at that time xder kereta sendiri lagi.My cats kena attack dgn anjing liar.4 were injured badly.2, broke their leg, seekor sampai nak terkoyak perut n another one koyak dekat belakang.Panic sgt masa tu coz kereta pulak ayah bwk gi kursus.I call taxi suh taxi dtg umah.AT first the driver terkejut biler tengok what happen to my cats.I ask him dia sanggup ker tidak..dia sanggup hantar jer.Berbekalkan duit RM150 jer i pegi vet clinic(goverment) dgn my mother.The treatment takes about nearly 4 hours.So, after treatment semua i kena pay for RM90.And i thought the taxi driver mesti dah pergi but i'm totally wrong when i see him chatting with vet staff.He ask me is everything setle???He send me and my cats home and charge only RM30.He said that he feel pity n just charge for gas only(the clinic about 20km from my home).I just feel lucky coz ader jugak driver taxi yg berhati perut mcm tu.Hope pas nie ramai lagi yg willing to do the same things...AMIN!!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:41 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

almost public transpot no allow all pet or animals. It hard for pet owner.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Furkid Bestie

chibimoruku is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wahh... your Blackie is so well behaved I'm envious.. my 2 kittens are monkeys, screaming banshee. At home they climb almost anything, extra curious and nosy. Bring them outside, they cower in fear and screamed loudly. I tried taking them to the nearby park once but both were trembling I went home after 10minutes...

I would love to have my kittens see life outside 4 walls..but alas, the time has not yet come...
i have the exact same problem, i went to kota damansara park and there's a lot of birds, i thot my macho cat would jump and start chasing them away but nOOOOOOOOOO, he had to hide between my legs... i left after all the motorist look at me like i am a nutcase