Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 10-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Addicted to Cats..

meowbaby is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Kitty to the rescue...!

Heyya all,

I just wanna share my rescue story involving 2kitties in 2 different occasions.. all happened within these 2weeks..

Actually this started off from me replying to a post (INJURED KITTY FOUND - by DARREN), and one forumer (FILINLEE) suggested to start a new THREAD.. so here it is.. I'll just paste em here.. hehe..

Hye all..

Darren, BELLE is sooo lucky to have you. You're such an angel..!!! I'm so happy she's recovering now.. :D

Btw, I also wanna share my story of injured cat..
Well, not 1.. but 2 cats, in 2 different occasions..

STORY 1 - KECIK
STORY 2 - MANJA

STORY 1 - lil grey kitty (KECIK)
I was window shopping at a 'pasar malam' in kota damansara. I dunno whether u guys have heard it.. it's called UPTOWN D'KOTA opposite of SEC.6 Kota Damansara...

I seldom go there (although it's so near 2my place), but since it's near RAYA, i thought i might find some cool stuffs there.. My younger bro n my bf came along too.. So after supper we went there dgn penuh semangat..(my bro was damn excited, hoping to find mercun, bunga api, etc). While i was window shopping, i saw a kid n his mom sitting at a platform near d toilet.. it was some kind of sitting area i think.. As i go nearer, i saw d kid was kicking n pushing smthing.. i mmg sudah 'tak sedap hati'. So i went there n there it was.. AN INJURED LIL KITTY..! dat damn kid was kicking it so hard. i dont know why in d world he did dat.. n d mother couldnt care less..! she was so ignorant n just let her kid torturing d innocent lil kitty..

i was so angry,came towards them n i said.. "adik jangan...sakit kucing tu..", i grabbed d lil kitty and took it away from d boy.. i looked at d mother n gave her dat 'tsk,tsk' look, n walk away.. i saw her leave wif an embarassed face...

D kitty looks so pale n hurt...thanks to d torturing by dat useless kid! i guess d kitty was only 2weeks old at dat time.i searched around for d mother, and asked people (working at d stalls) but they oso have no idea where d kitty came from.. i guess someone might have thrown him there.. I was so terrified to see his condition, he was not bleeding or watsoever.. but for a young kitten, i think it was really bad.. his skin was all covered his fungal n crusts, n his ears are really bad it almost came off...! even his 'peepee' looked bad.. his nose was in a weird shape,which i think caused by the fungal? his eyes are teary, and his stomach was big like a balloon..! worms i guess..

So i placed him in my bag n took him back. my bf decided to call him KECIK, hence from the size.. n we couldnt think any suitable name for him..since he's a boy.. kinda hard isn't it??

We kept KECIK in my bf's place.. since he has an extra room for our cats (5 of them - 1 mom + 4babies)... we fed him wif soft kibbles n gave water.. he instantly ate them like a hungry horse.. so kesian.. we only brought him to d vet a week after, (after gaji masuk maa..). Dvet told us he's in good health.. n d vet gave him an anti-fungal cream only because KECIK was so little he can't be given shots at this age.. or he'll DIE...! i dunwan dat to happened..

1week passed by, KECIK was still in d same condition..only little recovery.. semakin lama he gets noisier.. because he wants attention..! so kesian.. i know he wants to play, manja2,sayang2,but his skin condition makes him uncorfortable..it's as if he dunwan want people to touch him.. sometimes it's sad to see him 'termenung' n watch my other kitties play. My other kittes were hissy at first, but now they already get used to him..i know KECIK wanna play with them, but i cant keep them together because KECIK's skin prob will infect others..so kena quarantine la..

Last weekend i went to d vet again (different vet this time), hoping can get shot to elliminate all those fungal thingys.. but unfortunately he's still too small. D vet gave him a med which i have to use it by rubbing it inside d ears, (d vet told me it's d same med used by other vets 2inject cats with d skin prob).. so it's already been 4days.. n can c alot of recovery..!! yeay..!! i dont have his pics now.. but will upload to show u guys how's he's like now.. hehe...

Last edited by meowbaby; 10-11-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Addicted to Cats..

Exclamation Re: Kitty to the rescue...!

cont : Injured cat

STORY 2 : very manja kitty (MANJA)

I found MANJA yesterday (Wed night, 08oct08)... After dinner with my bf at Sec6 Kota Damansara, my bf stopped at a mini supermarket to a buy ciggie.. after he parked d car , (next to d mini supermarket..) he went out n pointed at a kitty outside,n went straight inside.. I didnt see anything, n thought he was only playing with me.. then suddenly i saw her..! a very thin siamese/burmese kitty.. at first i thought dat might be someone's kitty from d shop.. but she looked soo hungry..

i went outside just to have a closer look (cos she's soo adorable!).. i was surprised she was limping! OMG! at dat point i knew she was dumped, and most probably was hit by car.. n nobody cared..! she looked scared n tried to run away for cover when people passes by. But when i called her.. "meooowww.." she instanly ran to me so fast (despite her limping leg), n came to me-with 1limping leg.. it instantly hits me.. i fell in love with dis 'tempang' kitty..!

i took her n begged my bf to save her.. he says ok, n i brought her to my place... my bf oso felt so kesian wif this kitty.. from her size, she looks like 2months old cat..but very skinny.. but her fur is soft n clean, only little brown stains, from d dirty streets i guess.. her voice is so soft, but she purrs like a motor.. hehe.. we called her MANJA, because she's soooooo loving n manja...

i noticed besides her limping leg, she has a reddish lump under her belly.. it looked like an internal bleeding, so we guessed it must have been from d accident..

so today, my bf brought MANJA to d vet.. they discovered she had a broken leg.. but it happened long time ago, cos it's d leg already healed n now it seems like tulang baru nk tumbuh? im glad MANJA is not in pain now..so, looks like she's gonna be 'tempang' for d rest of her life.. so kesian.. ... but she's a strong character, she'll live through it.. so im ok with dat.. but, d sad part, d reddish lump under her belly is actually HERNIA..! apa la nasib MANJA nie.. dah la kena langgar, terseksa for a long time n then.. hernia pulak..

D vet gave some meds...calcium,antibiotics, n 4got another one..hehe.. but cant do anything with d hernia.. she's still small to do any surgery.. so, we have to follow up with d vet every month.. looks like our family tree is growing... 7 cats oledi..!! yeay

I'll post MANJA's pics to show u guys how adorable MANJA is..

Old 10-10-2008, 11:38 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitty to the rescue...!

omg a hernia??
poor manja!! any idea how she got that? i didn't know cats could get that.. so are you going to keep kecik and manja permanently? or put them up for adoption when they're healthy? good luck with them!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

awwww... hehehe so sweet of u! hehe.. although i do wonder how 2 months cat get hernia? poor thing.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Addicted to Cats..

yeah hernia..! poor thing.. d vet said it might caused by d accident she had long time ago..or from birth.. :( dis is wat i found in d net.

"Hernias are bulges or tears in the body wall that allow body organs and tissue to pass into areas where they do not belong. They are quite similar to sidewall bulges on automobile tires. Some are a minor inconvenience while others are life-threatening conditions. Some are present from birth (congenital) while others are the result of injury. When the hernia’s contents can be pressed back into normal position it is called a reducible hernia. If the contents of the hernia do not receive adequate blood supply it is called a strangulated hernia."

i hope it's not so serious... me n bf have to follow up with d vet every month...
Old 10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Addicted to Cats..

Smile Re: Kitty to the rescue...!

UPDATE :

Recent photos of KECIK

recovering.. (KECIK's condition was worse before.. but i didnt took photos of him dat time..)

Old 10-10-2008, 01:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

filinlee is on a distinguished road

comel nya.... mana gamba manja?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Addicted to Cats..

UPDATE :

Recent photos of MANJA

after 1 day in new home.. so manja...she likes to lick people she's comfy with.. n very timid.. her 'manja'ness really melts me.....

Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

they're both so cute!!! keep them keep them!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Addicted to Cats..

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
comel nya.... mana gamba manja?
hye....MANJA's pics uploaded..!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:35 PM
PetFinder Guru

wah..comel2 sumer nyer.... husg n kisses 2 them...
Old 10-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Addicted to Cats..

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
wah..comel2 sumer nyer.... husg n kisses 2 them...
tq..tq.. like KECIK, i know behind all those skin probs n crusty skin, there's an adorable cute kitty... :D even now, he's starting to play and running here n there....

and MANJA, stays manja than ever.. she never wants to play.. she'll slide here n there, make cute poses and wants to be around me n my bf.. but she's only there a day.. so kite tunggu n tgk ade perubahan lagi x...
Old 10-10-2008, 04:35 PM
PetFinder Guru

sarahseben is on a distinguished road

she's a beauty..comel comel..

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowbaby View Post
UPDATE :

Recent photos of MANJA

after 1 day in new home.. so manja...she likes to lick people she's comfy with.. n very timid.. her 'manja'ness really melts me.....

Old 10-10-2008, 05:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowbaby View Post
tq..tq.. like KECIK, i know behind all those skin probs n crusty skin, there's an adorable cute kitty... :D even now, he's starting to play and running here n there....

and MANJA, stays manja than ever.. she never wants to play.. she'll slide here n there, make cute poses and wants to be around me n my bf.. but she's only there a day.. so kite tunggu n tgk ade perubahan lagi x...
bagus la....jaga diorang baik2...besar nanti pasti lagik comel loteh...
Old 10-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Kitty to the rescue...!

Meowbaby,there are both cute and adorable,what a pity being separated from their mum at young agepls take good care of them.I feel like to kick the boy and his mother for torturing the poor kitty.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:19 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

So sweet ......
I bet they have been touched by an angel!!

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Addicted to Cats..

hye guys.. thanks for all d support n compliments..

i bet all of u wud've done d same thing.. right?

KECIK is getting better, no more crusty skin.. only a bit left n i can c it's recovering..yeay.. worms all gone.. but perut still bulat as ever.. dis kitty never stops eating.. big tummy, big ears n small head.. my bf sometimes calls him GREMLIN.. hehe.. He's now very active, jumping n running here n there... so cute.. i guess he's comfy in his own skin now.. :D

While MANJA, still manja as ever.. now she's starting to be quite active.. sudah jadik KECIK's buddy..she can jump n run very fast, i was quite surprise for a crippled kitty! but very the garang la.. she's very garang when she sees herself in d mirror or other stray cats outside... her licking habit never stops.. she will lick,lick,lick.. my face,ears,hands,feet.. is dis normal people???

Anyways, i have a question... Can i remove MANJA's hernia and spay her at the same time (1 surgery for both hernia & spay)... is dat possible? anyone have any idea on this? i forgot to ask my vet about this matter..

Last edited by meowbaby; 10-15-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

hi meowbaby

how old is manja? i've just posted an article on early neuter and spay which i found from a responsible cat forum. it advcoates early neuter (as opposed to after several years old) but it didn't give any info on neutering small kittens.

i'd suggest you check with a vet on when the earliest time you can spay manja. my vet mentioned 4 months as rule of thumb but she also said that sometimes they get pregnant younger than that.

you'd need to consult your vet and weigh the pros and cons is manja is just about 3 months old - she has been a stray cat before this - she's malnourished and skinny and with sickness

can she be strong enough to go underneath the knife for now? is the operation to get out hernia the same as for spay neutering? what are the risks involved? how is the healing rate? has the vet the experience of neutering young kittens/ their tissues are more delicate.

pls consult your vet. it's alway safer to obtain qualified advice as the basis for your decision.

do keep us posted okay?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Addicted to Cats..

hi ashley thanks for d info...! :)
Old 10-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Addicted to Cats..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
hi meowbaby

how old is manja? i've just posted an article on early neuter and spay which i found from a responsible cat forum. it advcoates early neuter (as opposed to after several years old) but it didn't give any info on neutering small kittens.

i'd suggest you check with a vet on when the earliest time you can spay manja. my vet mentioned 4 months as rule of thumb but she also said that sometimes they get pregnant younger than that.

you'd need to consult your vet and weigh the pros and cons is manja is just about 3 months old - she has been a stray cat before this - she's malnourished and skinny and with sickness

can she be strong enough to go underneath the knife for now? is the operation to get out hernia the same as for spay neutering? what are the risks involved? how is the healing rate? has the vet the experience of neutering young kittens/ their tissues are more delicate.

pls consult your vet. it's alway safer to obtain qualified advice as the basis for your decision.

do keep us posted okay?

MANJA is estimately 3months now.. yeah i know she's still not ready for any surgery.. cos she's too skinny and malnourished..poor thing.. i do have to visit d vet monthly for follow ups.. i was told by d vet they can only remove d hernia when she's older n healthier..

Actually i dont want her to be spayed, but for for health issues i think it's a must.. as she's crippled and with the hernia thingy..it would be quite difficult for her to carry her baby and risky too.. and it would be very sad for me to c her go under d knife 2times.. that's why the thought came up... can do both at d same time?

Well ok then i guess i have to ask d vet later..

thanks anyway for d info..