Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Animal Lover

gremlins is on a distinguished road
Default need opinion..have i been SERIOUSLY ripped off?

guys...wanna know ur opinion....recently have sent my cats to a vet...my cats were having diarhea..5 cats to be exact...2 were in serious condition and the other 3 were stable...the vet asked to board all 5 so that he knows what is causing the diarhea...1 of my cat died the day i sent it there and he charged me rm180 (for what i dont know..dont think any medication were given..he said fee for oxygen)...3 were boarded there for 5 days and i was charged rm1566...i was shocked like hell as the cats were ok..not in critical condition...initially he said the basic charges were rm20 boarding,rm10 for specimen and rm45-85 for medication.others are minimal...
another cat is there(the one which was in critical condition)..stayed there for 2 weeks...he is charging me rm2600++....whoa...crazy man...i've read in previous thread the klinik in ampang only charged rm700 for a week stay(the cat was critical too)..i asked why is the fee so expensive,she said the medical fee was rm50/day..that means they are charging me rm50/day for the whole 5 days..i asked what MEDICAL treatment was given and they replied..'oh,the doctor has to take care of the cats'..WHAT?
for your information,i could only see 2 people in the clinic..the doctor and his wife...so what i understand is...if the doctor gives the food/medicine to the cats,his charging me for it...here's the bill info..

consultation 25
boarding(5days) 100
deworm 16
medical care 301
flea/ear mites 60
lab/specimen 20
total 522x3 cats=1566

i have asked several times what medical care is and they have failed to answer.dont tell me they are charging me rm50+/day for just giving food and medication??
guys...pls advise me...i've been sending cats to various vets in various states and i have never been charged this much...any action can be taken...?or is the price supposed to be reasonable....pls help...
Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

I think you have been overcharged. RM16 for dewormed?? Mine is only RM10. Ok, my cat fell from my apartment, and need to undergo surgery on his leg.I sent him to Cheras Segar because it was around midnite and they take emergency case. For 1 week boarding,medication,surgery that include inserted pin on inside his leg only cost me RM1200. That include surgery,mind you. 2 weeks later I sent my cat for followed up treatment they board him for 4 days 3 nites, 3 days catheterize because he got bladder problem cost me RM400 which I think all and all quite reasonable.

Which vet that you send?? If you think you being overcharged,you must demand for a full itemise billing.I did all the time not only for my cats but also on my daily expenses and other things that I paid for. That is our right as paying customer. You must know what you pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlins View Post
guys...wanna know ur opinion....recently have sent my cats to a vet...my cats were having diarhea..5 cats to be exact...2 were in serious condition and the other 3 were stable...the vet asked to board all 5 so that he knows what is causing the diarhea...1 of my cat died the day i sent it there and he charged me rm180 (for what i dont know..dont think any medication were given..he said fee for oxygen)...3 were boarded there for 5 days and i was charged rm1566...i was shocked like hell as the cats were ok..not in critical condition...initially he said the basic charges were rm20 boarding,rm10 for specimen and rm45-85 for medication.others are minimal...
another cat is there(the one which was in critical condition)..stayed there for 2 weeks...he is charging me rm2600++....whoa...crazy man...i've read in previous thread the klinik in ampang only charged rm700 for a week stay(the cat was critical too)..i asked why is the fee so expensive,she said the medical fee was rm50/day..that means they are charging me rm50/day for the whole 5 days..i asked what MEDICAL treatment was given and they replied..'oh,the doctor has to take care of the cats'..WHAT?
for your information,i could only see 2 people in the clinic..the doctor and his wife...so what i understand is...if the doctor gives the food/medicine to the cats,his charging me for it...here's the bill info..

consultation 25
boarding(5days) 100
deworm 16
medical care 301
flea/ear mites 60
lab/specimen 20
total 522x3 cats=1566

i have asked several times what medical care is and they have failed to answer.dont tell me they are charging me rm50+/day for just giving food and medication??
guys...pls advise me...i've been sending cats to various vets in various states and i have never been charged this much...any action can be taken...?or is the price supposed to be reasonable....pls help...
Old 08-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Purrfect lover

imann is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to imann
Default Re: need opinion..have i been SERIOUSLY ripped off?

mak ooi...mahalnya...

my chika last dec07 undergo a surgery to remove '3 big ketumbuhan' as big as an egg each.....which vet suspect most probally cancer.

Surgery + 1 week boarding + medication + food + all in = Rm380.00.

reasonable?...tht's all I can affort anyway...kalau 1k++...ntah la....where to korek money pun tatau...
Old 08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Imann, this is cheap. Which vet did you go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imann View Post
mak ooi...mahalnya...

my chika last dec07 undergo a surgery to remove '3 big ketumbuhan' as big as an egg each.....which vet suspect most probally cancer.

Surgery + 1 week boarding + medication + food + all in = Rm380.00.

reasonable?...tht's all I can affort anyway...kalau 1k++...ntah la....where to korek money pun tatau...
Old 08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Purrfect lover

imann is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to imann

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Imann, this is cheap. Which vet did you go to?
heheh...dear blackie..

Vet tu kat Nilai....I'm stay in Nilai dear...jauh for u...hehehe...but felix the cat also sent her cat here...service ok...and both the doctor tu mmg truely cat lovers....

details of clinic:-

Muezza Veterinari Services
B10-G 19, Cempaka Puri,
Desa Cempaka
Bandar Baru Nilai

tel: 06 8500645
Old 08-14-2008, 12:14 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Quote:
heheh...dear blackie..

Vet tu kat Nilai....I'm stay in Nilai dear...jauh for u...hehehe...but felix the cat also sent her cat here...service ok...and both the doctor tu mmg truely cat lovers....

B10-G 19, Cempaka Puri,
Desa Cempaka
Bandar Baru Nilai

Imann, you should make a post for your clinic and recommend it.. we should also have good recommendations as well..
Old 08-14-2008, 12:17 PM
CEO, EzerNET

^ gremlins, I must say that although that's expensive, it's not the most expensive. I recently sent my dog for a simple ear surgery, the price tag came to over RM 1300. And I had to do it twice, so the cost just went to over RM 2000. And that's just ONE animal..

Vets are becoming more and more expensive today.. at least the new clinics that are run by younger docs.. the older ones are still cheaper.. but they may not provide as much services and as much new tools.. I dunno!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Aiyoh, nasib aku kurang baik, begitu jauhnya....hmm.....but klu major surgery I think I'll take the trip to Nilai jugak....yang paling penting ialah vet mesti benar2 cat lovers. Ader yg tak begitu sayang koocing, so might not do their best.

Thank you, Imann.

Quote:
heheh...dear blackie..

B10-G 19, Cempaka Puri,
Desa Cempaka
Bandar Baru Nilai

Old 08-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Animal Lover

That's the problem with vets nowadays.Animal is no longer their priority but money is. Young vet does not guarantee good service.I have come across that too.Most importantly the vet must a true animal lovers like Dr Jonathan at ARA Ampang Animal Clinic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
^ gremlins, I must say that although that's expensive, it's not the most expensive. I recently sent my dog for a simple ear surgery, the price tag came to over RM 1300. And I had to do it twice, so the cost just went to over RM 2000. And that's just ONE animal..

Vets are becoming more and more expensive today.. at least the new clinics that are run by younger docs.. the older ones are still cheaper.. but they may not provide as much services and as much new tools.. I dunno!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
That's the problem with vets nowadays.Animal is no longer their priority but money is. Young vet does not guarantee good service.I have come across that too.Most importantly the vet must a true animal lovers like Dr Jonathan at ARA Ampang Animal Clinic.
That's true... But I finder the newer clinics with youger vets have better equipment, surgery methods, etc. But they are not cheap though.

And ya, animal healthcare is now almost as high as human ones.. maybe even more in certain circumstances.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Animal Lover

yes, I have to agree with you on that.But for now I stick to Dr Jonathan.ARA Ampang HQ Hospital is in Cheras Segar.I purposely send my Peterpan to Cheras Segar hoping that Dr Jonathan also "jeling2" at my cat.He will pop by at Cheras Segar in the morning first and heading to ARA Ampang after that.

I was thinking to buy cat insurance.hmm!!!

Quote:
That's true... But I finder the newer clinics with youger vets have better equipment, surgery methods, etc. But they are not cheap though.

And ya, animal healthcare is now almost as high as human ones.. maybe even more in certain circumstances.

Last edited by June; 08-14-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Animal Lover

gremlins is on a distinguished road

cat insurance exists?if yes,mayb i wanna get one too...
Old 08-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Animal Lover

yes, it is exist.I will find more info for you and PM to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlins View Post
cat insurance exists?if yes,mayb i wanna get one too...
Old 08-15-2008, 12:06 PM
CEO, EzerNET

^ wow, I didn't know we have CAT insurance... that's good info June!

You ought to make a new thread called 'How to get Cat Insurance'... as a guide.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Animal Lover

Ok,let me get all the necessary info and post it here.I was also told about this insurance from 1 cat lovers' blog. I email her asking about cat adoption but I never asked her about the insurance.But I think I should.I'll keep you guys posted.

Quote:
^ wow, I didn't know we have CAT insurance... that's good info June!

You ought to make a new thread called 'How to get Cat Insurance'... as a guide.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
CEO, EzerNET

^ great! Make it a new post...
Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Animal Lover

werng is on a distinguished road

hey..sure anot?really have cat's insurance?so how about dog?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:23 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

firstly which vet did you go to? That is extremely expensive and you have definitely been ripped off. My vet doesn't charge as much too. And if the clinic says they have not overcharge you then demand for the breakdown and also wat medications that they have administered. It's is your rights to do so. If I am not wrong you can complain to the consumer's association if they refuse to do so.

As for me I only pay if my pet survives. If they die for a good reason and they have administered necessary and proper medication then I would also pay for it. I don't pay for my dogs to die and I don't pay if nothing was done but just wait see what happens. I hate these kind of vets. One experience i had was in healing rooms in USJ.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:16 PM
Animal Lover

tiggnpan is on a distinguished road

if u think you had been ripped off,,which i think the case..why dont u lodge a complaint with Malaysian Small animal Vet Asso. I think they handle this kind of thing..i,m sorry i dont have much info on them. but i came across this org while browsing one of the threads..ohh there is an email address : inquire@msava.org..