Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Events

Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default How is Malaysian cat fancy growing??

How is Malaysian cat fancy growing??

I will post my thought here since I was ask by few ppl as to when there will be another CFA show in Malaysia, my answer is I’m not obligated to deliver one but I will seriously consider doing one if there is a sponsor for it, considering the interest of CFA cat fancy in this country.

In my past few year of organizing such cat show I know it is very expensive to hold one & it is saddening to see the lack of support from local cat fancier in the country when sometime foreign exhibitors are more supportive. For example HK cat fancy is no older then Malaysia which is probably half the span of time compare to us but yet it cat fancy is easily 3 time bigger then ours. The question is what went wrong personally I think it is the local mentality toward cat show & the lack of ambitious to be better. That is why we don’t see much growth in our local cat fancy & the lack of quality cats to show discourage our local to compete & further push us backward.

I know there are some ppl who consider glamorous in organizing an international (CFA) cat show, but not for me. Nevertheless I will support any CFA show regardless of who is organizing it as long as they are within the guideline.

If our local wishes to see more & better cats they must change their mentality toward cat show & pedigree breeding. Our cat standard cannot improve if we are easily contended with what we had without competing in competition. I know of ppl who are happy & contended with their 6 – 8 yrs old cat whose compete only in close competition & dare not compete in an open one, knowing well how good their cats are but had no plan to improve. We must change & willing to face challenge to improve or we will forever be behind.

Next month HK will be holding a very big show, an 8 rings show with show limit of 450 cats at the last month of CFA show season. I wonder how many more years before Malaysia will see such show count. Normally such a show will attract very strong competition from around the world & show like this will truly show how good your cats are. Nevertheless we will be showing our cats in this show regardless of the competition to keep our breeding on track.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA