Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 04-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Animal Lover

loong1979 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for Golden/Labrador Retriever

Hello, can anyone tell me where can I buy Golden Retriever or Labrador Retriever puppy at Kuantan, Pahang? Thank you.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Animal Lover

Justina is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for Golden/Labrador Retriever

hi there, did you try searching at mudah.com?
Old 04-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Animal Lover

thanks for replying, i did but there's none at the area.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Animal Lover

Wsll525 is on a distinguished road

Try calling up MKA. They'll provide you contact of breeders with pups.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Animal Lover

thanks for replying too. i'm actually looking for a pet shop which actually selling these breed at my area.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by loong1979 View Post
thanks for replying too. i'm actually looking for a pet shop which actually selling these breed at my area.
Hi, Loong1979! I would strongly discourage you from buying any pet from a pet shop. Why? Pet shops typically buy their kittens and puppies from one of two sources: dealers who bring the animals in from Thailand, or from backyard breeders/puppy mills in Malaysia. The people who breed these animals are concerned only for profit, not for the well-being of the dogs they use for breeding, or for the health of the puppies. They often keep their adult dogs in horrific conditions and breed them at every opportunity. The puppies are often born with inherited health problems that manifest when they get a bit older. Goldens and Labs are especially prone to hip dysplasia, which will cripple them as they reach adulthood. Responsible breeders can screen adults for this disorder and not breed them, but this almost never happens in Malaysia. Greedy breeders will mate any dog who can produce pups to sell.

Please, if you genuinely love animals, do not support pet shops that sell pets. Find an animal shelter or independent rescuer near you. If you are really determined to have a pedigreed dog and are willing to incur the extra problems and expenses that are likely to come along with it, take the time to locate a responsible breeder. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Animal Lover

Maneki Neko
Petfinder Moderator

Hi, Loong1979! I would strongly discourage you from buying any pet from a pet shop. Why? Pet shops typically buy their kittens and puppies from one of two sources: dealers who bring the animals in from Thailand, or from backyard breeders/puppy mills in Malaysia. The people who breed these animals are concerned only for profit, not for the well-being of the dogs they use for breeding, or for the health of the puppies. They often keep their adult dogs in horrific conditions and breed them at every opportunity. The puppies are often born with inherited health problems that manifest when they get a bit older. Goldens and Labs are especially prone to hip dysplasia, which will cripple them as they reach adulthood. Responsible breeders can screen adults for this disorder and not breed them, but this almost never happens in Malaysia. Greedy breeders will mate any dog who can produce pups to sell.

Please, if you genuinely love animals, do not support pet shops that sell pets. Find an animal shelter or independent rescuer near you. If you are really determined to have a pedigreed dog and are willing to incur the extra problems and expenses that are likely to come along with it, take the time to locate a responsible breeder. Good luck!

__________________________________________________ ___________

hi Maneki Neko, thx for the tips. i do realise it's not very ideal to buy from them. i tried to find these breeds from the petfinder and other sources over the net for my area but none is available. that's why t.t
Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:

hi Maneki Neko, thx for the tips. i do realise it's not very ideal to buy from them. i tried to find these breeds from the petfinder and other sources over the net for my area but none is available. that's why t.t
Hi again, Loong1979 -- I don't know if this helps you, but I've heard from various people that MAS Kargo will transport pets -- both cats and dogs -- at extremely reasonable rates. It might be something to consider if you see a dog that you're interested to adopt from another part of Peninsular Malaysia.

A shelter on Langkawi, for example, flew 2 cats to KL for under RM20, if I remember correctly. Anyway, good luck.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Animal Lover

if that's the cost, it's very affordable. by the way, do they do door to door delivery or i'll have to pick up the pet at certain place? i only hope the shelter is willing to handle the delivery >.<

Last edited by loong1979; 05-05-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
if that's the cost, it's very affordable. by the way, do they do door to door delivery or i'll have to pick up the pet at certain place? i only hope the shelter is willing to handle the delivery >.<
You'd have to ask MAS Kargo about delivery costs and details, probably all based upon the size and weight of the dog. I rather doubt a rescuer or a shelter would be willing to cover the cost of transport. With all due respect, though, please consider, if you're uncomfortable paying a relatively small fee for transport, will you be able to afford the costs -- food, grooming, vet bills, etc -- of owning a large dog? They're considerable!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Animal Lover

i didn't mean that. i was saying if they're willing to send the pet thru MAS Kargo. i'm willing to cover the cost of course.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
i didn't mean that. i was saying if they're willing to send the pet thru MAS Kargo. i'm willing to cover the cost of course.
My apologies! I misunderstood your concerns. I would guess that individual rescuers or small organisations would be better able to manage shipping the dog. Staff at the bigger shelters may not have the time needed to make the arrangements, get the dog to the airport, etc. Langkawi LASSie, a smaller dog/cat rescue shelter, does ship animals to adopters elsewhere in the peninsula. My advice if you are interested to try: Keep an eye on the adoption listings, and when you see a dog that interests you, give the rescuer a ring and ask if he or she would be willing to work with you on transport. Good luck!