Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 11-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Animal Lover

amandasin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I have a pregnant furkid.

My house is a corner teres house. So Dash sleeps at the side of the house where we put our exercise machines. It's a dry place.

Can bathe her with those very concentrated (we have to dilute it ourselves) tick medicine? The kind where they are usually sold in small bottles and the medicine strong is very strong.

When I came home from school today, I realise she's been more attached to me. She is usually attached to me but today it seems extra extra attached. And I saw that she's been digging the garden cause her body got soil and the garden has holes and soil almost everywhere. Does this mean that the puppies could be arriving soon? If so, ohmygawd. I'm so not ready!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

vivi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasin View Post
My house is a corner teres house. So Dash sleeps at the side of the house where we put our exercise machines. It's a dry place.

Can bathe her with those very concentrated (we have to dilute it ourselves) tick medicine? The kind where they are usually sold in small bottles and the medicine strong is very strong.

When I came home from school today, I realise she's been more attached to me. She is usually attached to me but today it seems extra extra attached. And I saw that she's been digging the garden cause her body got soil and the garden has holes and soil almost everywhere. Does this mean that the puppies could be arriving soon? If so, ohmygawd. I'm so not ready!
Can but try to use the not so strong medicine and did u get her a flea collar?
I'm not quite sure whether u can use so strong medicine or not?
Ur puppies came early ?
Did ur dash some aggresiveness? Mine show a bit of aggresiveness b4 she gave birth bcos she's in pain. Well don't panic. Have u ready her delivery place? A surrounded or not so open space? Whelping box? Do u keep her in a cage b4 or u just tie her up? Surround her delivery place with something heavy if u don't have a cage for her. (My dog i made a first mistake, I didn't blocked up her delivery place. She gave birth to 1st pup near my washing machine at the back of my house n 2nd pup front porch. My floor covered with blood (not so muchlah). Then luckily i heard her barking at midnite and dash out to help her. I have to pick up the 1st and 2nd pup put them back to the delivery place... and then assist my doggie back to her delivery place n ... finish... All came out ok.) So...must block up her delivery place don't let her roam away when she gives birth. Don worry too much. It's not as hard as u think. But don't u think it's too early for her to give birth? u mentioned still got bout one month due isn't it?
Old 11-25-2008, 01:14 PM
PetFinder Buddy

JScott is on a distinguished road

Your dog dash is digging because she is looking for a comfortable place to give birth. They should be coming soon. I dont think its a good idea to barricade her as I think it is better to let her go around looking for a suitable area. BUT make sure you are watching her so that you know when it is time for her to give birth.

She'll usually be restless and anxious more than usual. The signs you have are already obvious that the puppies are coming soon.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Animal Lover

vi, her pups are not out yet. Just that she's digging up the garden. She's let to roam around the house during the day time, at night she's tied up with a long leash because we do not want her to pee and poo in the garden. It's been about 3 weeks since her her visit to the vet (that was when the vet said a month). So the pups should come out in about a week or two, i assume. If the pups happen to come out in the middle of the night, my maid would be able to hear it and she'll tell me straight away.

I put a few cardboard pieces on her sleeping area. But she doesnt seem to want to sleep on it. I'll set up the cardboard box for her when I see that they're coming.

I asked the petshop about bathing her with tick shampoos and using tick collars. The guy said its too strong because dash is very pregnant. He asked to use frontline.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:35 AM
PetFinder Wowwow

Amandasin,
Have u ask bout the flea collar?
Old 11-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Animal Lover

Yea he said its not advisable. I think its because the powder will spread all around her body then when the puppies come they will have to be sucking for milk. And the bottom area will probable have some of the powder and the powder might end up in the pups' mouth. But right now, the amount of ticks has decreased tremendously. So I think it should be fine.

This morning , she started digging and digging again and sleeping and just lying on the place she has dug up. That would mean its very soon right? My family and I have planned to go on holiday for just two days today. But my mum canceled it because she doesn't want me to be missing when dash delivers her kids (:
Old 11-29-2008, 10:42 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

Wow u mum are so considerate. It's a good thing ur mum did. If really can't use all those stuff, Amandasin, u use ur hand catch those flea only lah. Hehehe. Good Luck for ur dash soon to be mum.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Animal Lover

Dash just delivered 7 Puppies last night. Check out http://mouseeyuns.blogspot.com for the pictures :D
Old 11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
PetFinder Wowwow

Wow congratulations. Saw it in ur blog. Ur mumdog and puppies are very beautiful.

Last edited by vivi; 11-30-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:34 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Congrats!!!

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 12-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks.

It was worth the three hours sleep I got. It was so hard to leave Dash and the puppies alone.

THanks vivi, and jscott for the help (: