Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Animal Lover

daniyamagic is on a distinguished road
Default Healing Pets at Damansara Jaya

Hi guys,

Just to inform you that I have been to many vets but this Doc is the best and animals love him max! Whoever's looking for a great doc that is very very very reasonably priced, you should pay him a visit. He's Dr. Steven from Healing Pets, nearby RHB, can see by the roadside...it's right in between Coffee Connexion and a Dim Sum restaurant. Atria area.

Cheers!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Healing Pets at Damansara Jaya

daniyamagic, could you explain in detail why you think he is so good and relate in detail what he did (or did not do) as well as how he did (or did not do) things and for what so that the rest of us can do a better assessment and form a reliable opinion of him? Thanks.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Animal Lover

Well my dear, my reply as follows:

1. I didn't know my dog had seafood allergies, but he was too good to spot it rightaway. And, this happened at 7am, although the clinic only opens at 9.30, he rushed for me just to treat my sick kid. Oh ya, this was my first visit to him and he did not even charge extra for any consultation or urgency. And I called him because my regular vet in taman tun did not even bother to come in earlier, or even call me when the vet was opened. He said he will be late and asked me to wait. So you know.

2. My cousin has a pug with severe skin problem. Her regular vet charges her like 150 per visit and told her that it is a long drawn treatment. But Healing Pets could treat her pug within the same week I guess and at a very reasonable price.

3. The doc at Healing Pets, Dr. Steven was recommended to me by a friend because of his good deeds. Dr. Steven actually rescues strays and help foster until he finds the rightful owner.

4. He gives awesome advice on how to take care of your pets. And both my pups were neutered by him. And, he could actually spot that one of my pup has a birth defect on her hind legs. He gave me medication at a good price, and he didn't even charge me for going in for consultation.

5. FYI, i got to know people coming from Rawang just to get treatment from him for their pets, can you beat that?

If you still have any qualms, why don't you take a drive there and check him out. To me, he is one vet that pays more attention to humanity than what's in your wallet. My dogs love him, they go crazily happy when they see him.

FYI, I am not employed to do marketing for him. Guess my nature is to be grateful towards those who help. I am only sharing my experience. It's up to the individual on how they interpret my testimonials.

Cheers!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

How nice of Dr Stevens to do all that ... no wonder la you are happy!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 05-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Animal Lover

Yeah...it's great right? Thanks for asking. Have an aaawwweeesome day!

D.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Animal Lover

elle is on a distinguished road

can u gv the full adress
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Animal Lover

chak is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

Not sure of the address, but I found it on google maps.

2-20 Jalan SS 22/25, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Link:

Why?

Cos I've also had fantastic experiences with Dr. Steven. Used to go to Hasnul in Kota Damansara, but found him extremely pricey.

Dr. Steven is very caring and always cheerful. He treated Mikey, my immortal (16-years and counting) pariah for a tumour. With 4 days stay, general anaesthetic and plenty of meds after, bill came up to RM700, which is what I'd pay Hasnul for a regular checkup for three of my dogs (yes, all pariahs).

He also gives quite practical advice, like when last time Mikey had a chronic skin infection, he didn't recommend topical creams, but instead a regular dose of Omega Vitamin E pills.

Worked like a charm...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road

is this vet place a new place?
because last time i came across but not to sure if this is the same one

that the only clinic situated there around that area (atria there)

is he only specialize with cat and dogs? only dog?
what about other animals?

just curious......

it is very hard to find good animal vets experienced, knowledgeable and must more ...understand and not merely for the price you are paying for.

good that dr steven existed!
Old 06-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Animal Lover

I don't think it's a new place. I've been going here for about 3 years now, but i think it's been around quite a while even before that.

I've recommended him to friends with so far no bad responses.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Animal Lover

manja09 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for recommendation. Sounds like this vet has a good heart. I've been looking around a long time for one like this. I've been very disappointed lately by the clinic which I've been taking my dogs to; the vet is very good but they started having new and young ones. This is when I realise that being a vet is one thing but having the extra "whats-it" that makes it work properly. When my last dog/close companion died recently, enough is enough.

I'll give this vet a try. I've seen his clinic there for some years now but I wasn't sure if he's the right one for us.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Animal Lover

My dogs have only lived up to 13+ years so it's so good to hear that there are "immortals" out there!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Animal Lover

DuchessNin is on a distinguished road

Hey Chak, thanks for the recommendation, it's shocking how good vets are hard to find... can you give me directions to the place? maybe from a popular landmark i.e Curve or something?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by manja09 View Post
My dogs have only lived up to 13+ years so it's so good to hear that there are "immortals" out there!
Sadly, he just passed away a few weeks ago. He had trouble breathing and died on the way to the vet. He's had a good life though, whacked two whole chicken drumsticks for his last supper.

@DuchessNin - Ok... I guess the easiest way is from KDU (Kolej Damansara Utama) off the LDP. Once you turn left off the LDP, head straight for about 300m. After the Petronas on your right, take the 2nd left. You should see a whole row of shophouses on your right, and Healing Pets is there, next to HongKee Dim Sum.

here's the google map link.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Animal Lover

Chak, I'm so sorry for your loss. But, yes, sounded like he had a great time and a grand life. It's very sad when they pass on and the little consolation is that we loved them the way they deserved to be loved.
And by the way, I took my 8-mth old "gangster pup" to Healing Pets recently. Dr Stephen handled her very well considering she's hyperactive and refused to be handled. Thanks again for the recommendation. I'm really glad to have finally found a vet with a heart.

Last edited by manja09; 09-05-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by manja09 View Post
Chak, I'm so sorry for your loss. But, yes, sounded like he had a great time and a grand life. It's very sad when they pass on and the little consolation is that we loved them the way they deserved to be loved.
And by the way, I took my 8-mth old "gangster pup" to Healing Pets recently. Dr Stephen handled her very well considering she's hyperactive and refused to be handled. Thanks again for the recommendation. I'm really glad to have finally found a vet with a heart.
He sure did :)

Glad you're happy with the recommendation and that Dr. Steven's got more business.

Will probably bump into you and your gangsta pup there sometime. What breed?
Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Animal Lover

she's dalmation; highly strung, hyper-hyperactive. but she's super-cute. Just melts my heart!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 AM
PetFinder Buddy

irenelance is on a distinguished road

dear daniamagic,

let me just say thank you for introducing healing pets! i'm a newbie and previously had a very bad experience with a vet (my lil mimiey mati lepas dpt kan treatment from this vet..benci dia!)

after reading ur comments i brought my boys to see dr steven 4 2nd vaccination.(recently my hubby got me 2 boys to replace the lost of mimiey).my boys are super hyper active and it is very hard to bathe them let alone cleaning their ears n brush their coats..but when dr steven took them..terus diam jek..n sgt behave dorg..dr check everything even masa ambil temperature pn dorg rilek jek..ish x puas hati btul la nape dorg x diam cmtu time i nk cuci telinga dorg

overall dr steven dewormed n vaccinated n put spot on combo to treat a bit of earmites infection on both..i'm so satisfied with healing pets ..altho he looks young he's definitely an experienced vet..sgt cekap n cepat..x perlu tggu lama n the fees i'd say its reasonable for 2 kitties..u guys shud try! no matter where i'm gonna move after this, i'm still choosing healing pets
Old 04-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Animal Lover

azalia89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenelance View Post
dear daniamagic,

let me just say thank you for introducing healing pets! i'm a newbie and previously had a very bad experience with a vet (my lil mimiey mati lepas dpt kan treatment from this vet..benci dia!)

after reading ur comments i brought my boys to see dr steven 4 2nd vaccination.(recently my hubby got me 2 boys to replace the lost of mimiey).my boys are super hyper active and it is very hard to bathe them let alone cleaning their ears n brush their coats..but when dr steven took them..terus diam jek..n sgt behave dorg..dr check everything even masa ambil temperature pn dorg rilek jek..ish x puas hati btul la nape dorg x diam cmtu time i nk cuci telinga dorg

overall dr steven dewormed n vaccinated n put spot on combo to treat a bit of earmites infection on both..i'm so satisfied with healing pets ..altho he looks young he's definitely an experienced vet..sgt cekap n cepat..x perlu tggu lama n the fees i'd say its reasonable for 2 kitties..u guys shud try! no matter where i'm gonna move after this, i'm still choosing healing pets
i would love to choose this vet too... thnxs for the info..
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Animal Lover

aida_burn is on a distinguished road

I have a persian cat, names naunau only 4 years old, she sick now...i send her at St. Angel Vets in Puchong for 6 days from last saturday,.. already do blood test, x-ray, FYP test -ve... still sick...as im lived at kota damansara and my cats at puchong ... its kind a hard for me ... doctor at st.angel said thats naunau will collapsed anytime but i dont mind ... i will do my best to cure her ...i already spent RM800 for her ... i dont mind to spent more for her if the doctor can cure her....(ST. Angel Doc also is a good and best vets that i can introduce ...only its a bit far for me to visit my hospitallised cats often since im already moved to kota damansara)...

I just want to check if Dr. Steven are still operate the vets or others person took over the vets...

Can i get the vets phone no.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Animal Lover

AlexThen is on a distinguished road

Why dotn u go to Dr Clement anthony at TTDI? phone number : 7729426 or his personal hl 019 2201 859. i use to send my pets there...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Twinkl...09772235798582