Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-12-2012, 01:59 AM
X-Mat X-Mat is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
X-Mat is on a distinguished road
Default Wet food

Hi semua..sy ada soalan..sy tak tau kalau ada dah thread yang macam ni..kwn sy bagi kucing jenis mungkin mainecoon laa..sbb tgk internet agak sama..skarng ni kucing makan dry food jer..sy dah try bagi wet food cth ayam rebus..ikan rebus..beli tuna dlm tin..dia tak mau jamah langsung..dia bau2 pastu siap lari..hehe..so mcm mana nak bagi kucing sy makan wet food ekk?..apa yg wet food yang gerenti kucing tak tolak?..buntu ler..sian lak nengok asik makan biskut keras jer..hehe..sy nk jugak bg kucing tu berisi skit..nengok agak kurus laa plak..tolong yerr...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-12-2012, 07:57 AM
fishit fishit is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
fishit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wet food

you can try giving them whiskas wet food. especially tuna flavour. it has strong smell and they usually like them. I gave it to my stray cats when i first brought them in. if they have started eating, try changing their food to slightly a better one. this is because commercial product such as whiskas is not good for our cats for a long-term period as their ingredients can be questionable. you can try grain-free products as cats can't properly digest grain and will lead to problems such as diabetes as it has higher content of carbohydrates. you can try google it.

brands that i know of include innova evo, avoderm, nature's variety, wellness and fussie cat. you can try window shopping at the nearby pet shop. Please do not feed your cat human canned food. it is not design for cats. and please look at the ingredients of your cat food as some of it have dangerous ingredients such as BHT, careegeenan and grain (corn, maize, rice).

But if you're tight on budget, I think it's okay to give your cats commercial wet food products as it is better than solely giving them dry food.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:10 AM
tiavanhooper's Avatar
tiavanhooper tiavanhooper is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 0
tiavanhooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wet food

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Mat View Post
Hi semua..sy ada soalan..sy tak tau kalau ada dah thread yang macam ni..kwn sy bagi kucing jenis mungkin mainecoon laa..sbb tgk internet agak sama..skarng ni kucing makan dry food jer..sy dah try bagi wet food cth ayam rebus..ikan rebus..beli tuna dlm tin..dia tak mau jamah langsung..dia bau2 pastu siap lari..hehe..so mcm mana nak bagi kucing sy makan wet food ekk?..apa yg wet food yang gerenti kucing tak tolak?..buntu ler..sian lak nengok asik makan biskut keras jer..hehe..sy nk jugak bg kucing tu berisi skit..nengok agak kurus laa plak..tolong yerr...
Hi,

What you can do actually, don't keep changing the food if your cat don't want to eat it in the first attempt. My cat was like that when he is about 3 months old. What I do is, I took his food bowl with food inside and put it in the fridge and serve it again the next hour ( heat it up ). I let him starve for a while so he know that he have to try to eat. For dry food, I only start giving him kibbles when he is about 6 months old.

Now he can eat almost everything, he never refuse to eat anything. But his favorite meal is EVO canned mix with Fish4Cat salmon mousse and boiled egg.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-22-2012, 03:02 PM
X-Mat X-Mat is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
X-Mat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wet food

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishit View Post
you can try giving them whiskas wet food. especially tuna flavour. it has strong smell and they usually like them. I gave it to my stray cats when i first brought them in. if they have started eating, try changing their food to slightly a better one. this is because commercial product such as whiskas is not good for our cats for a long-term period as their ingredients can be questionable. you can try grain-free products as cats can't properly digest grain and will lead to problems such as diabetes as it has higher content of carbohydrates. you can try google it.

brands that i know of include innova evo, avoderm, nature's variety, wellness and fussie cat. you can try window shopping at the nearby pet shop. Please do not feed your cat human canned food. it is not design for cats. and please look at the ingredients of your cat food as some of it have dangerous ingredients such as BHT, careegeenan and grain (corn, maize, rice).

But if you're tight on budget, I think it's okay to give your cats commercial wet food products as it is better than solely giving them dry food.
.I've tried to feed her with whiskas wet food..but she still don't like the smell..and start to run away..hehe
The brands that u suggested..hmm quite expensive but I'll try it someday.... anyway thanks for ur advice..i appreciate it ..

Last edited by X-Mat; 09-22-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-28-2012, 11:52 PM
aidamd aidamd is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 35
Rep Power: 0
aidamd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wet food

maybe u can try avoderm. some cats are very fussy. or mayb u can sprinkle some kibbles on top of the wet food, or mix them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-2012, 04:58 PM
ayuazami ayuazami is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shah Alam
Posts: 41
Rep Power: 0
ayuazami is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wet food

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Mat View Post
Hi semua..sy ada soalan..sy tak tau kalau ada dah thread yang macam ni..kwn sy bagi kucing jenis mungkin mainecoon laa..sbb tgk internet agak sama..skarng ni kucing makan dry food jer..sy dah try bagi wet food cth ayam rebus..ikan rebus..beli tuna dlm tin..dia tak mau jamah langsung..dia bau2 pastu siap lari..hehe..so mcm mana nak bagi kucing sy makan wet food ekk?..apa yg wet food yang gerenti kucing tak tolak?..buntu ler..sian lak nengok asik makan biskut keras jer..hehe..sy nk jugak bg kucing tu berisi skit..nengok agak kurus laa plak..tolong yerr...
Hi X-mat, actually, based on doc.vet, dia cakap makan dry food is a lot of better than yang wet food punya. tapi, kalau dia taknak jamah langsung, takleh paksa lahh. kalau nak cuba jugak bagi, try gaulkan dengan nasi sikit. before that, some cats doesn't eat tuna/salmon like my cat. jadi, better try beli wet food yang flavor chicken/mackerel/sardine ke..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 AM
fishit fishit is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
fishit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wet food

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Mat View Post
.I've tried to feed her with whiskas wet food..but she still don't like the smell..and start to run away..hehe
The brands that u suggested..hmm quite expensive but I'll try it someday.... anyway thanks for ur advice..i appreciate it ..
If whiskas doesn't work, try giving your cat fancy feast. I read somewhere in the internet that cats can't resist fancy feast. My female spayed cat won't eat her usual wet food after the surgery and that was not a good news. She only ate her kibbles but very little of it. So we decided to give her fancy feast. And it works. Maybe you and other owners can try this when your cats are facing the same problem.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ordinary Dog Food vs. Holistic Dog Food dog is my buddy Dogs & Puppies 4 05-04-2012 09:12 PM
Cat food listing - Good and Bad about the cat food Casis Health, Disease & Diet 3 01-28-2012 11:21 PM
Tips for Choosing Cat Food Part 1: The Basics About Cat Food Standards ashleywong Cats & Kittens 0 10-14-2008 10:46 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.