Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Small Mammals - Furry & Cute > Hamsters

Old 05-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Animal Lover

Angelsoo is on a distinguished road
Smile Looking for hamster for adoption .... any breed

Hi,

I'm an animal lover with years of experiences in dogs, cats, fishes, birds, tortoise etc. But when it comes to hamster....It's totally '0'. Reason being i have rodent-phobia (I don't know what is the term calls) including rabbit.

But recently, I'd overcome my fear (thanx to my darling who give me lotza encouragement and extremely patient) and even start to like hamsters! They are sooooo cute and I'm amazed with their intelligent.

Now that I have fallen in love with hamster, I'd like to look for a pair to adopt (dun worry, I'd done my research. i'd been to lotza petshop to inquire on how to take care od pet hamster). Anyone with baby hamster for adoption, pls contact me at 012-2255831 (I'm residing nr Subang USJ). Any types of hamster will do. I love them all!

Preferably if cage is included in adoption. Not that I'm being a cheapskate, it's just that it is my 1st time keeping hamster as pet, so i dun wanna invest too much $$$. But if you wanna a token of appreciation, I'll be happy to give
Old 05-16-2010, 11:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

nur azua is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nur azua
Default Re: Looking for hamster for adoption .... any breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsoo View Post
Hi,

I'm an animal lover with years of experiences in dogs, cats, fishes, birds, tortoise etc. But when it comes to hamster....It's totally '0'. Reason being i have rodent-phobia (I don't know what is the term calls) including rabbit.

But recently, I'd overcome my fear (thanx to my darling who give me lotza encouragement and extremely patient) and even start to like hamsters! They are sooooo cute and I'm amazed with their intelligent.

Now that I have fallen in love with hamster, I'd like to look for a pair to adopt (dun worry, I'd done my research. i'd been to lotza petshop to inquire on how to take care od pet hamster). Anyone with baby hamster for adoption, pls contact me at 012-2255831 (I'm residing nr Subang USJ). Any types of hamster will do. I love them all!

Preferably if cage is included in adoption. Not that I'm being a cheapskate, it's just that it is my 1st time keeping hamster as pet, so i dun wanna invest too much $$$. But if you wanna a token of appreciation, I'll be happy to give

hi angelsoo!
i hv 5 hamsters. 4 babies n the mum. i'd love to tell u that they r up for adoption as i told my last thread here. i'm actually looking for adopters who are willing to take all of them. But, if u only want a pair of hamster..its ok..i'll let u take them for adoption,but i cant give u a cage. =D
Old 05-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Animal Lover

venny1010 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi,

Hi angelsoo!

glad to hear that you are a true animal lover! to overcome your own fear its not easy! but you did it! congratulations!

i have 4 hamsters babies. the mummy just gave birth to them yesterday! :D
the mummy is winter gold (her fur is like goldish creamish colour) and the daddy is a roborovsky (greyish fur :D).

i dont mind giving to you a pair of babies, but you'll have to wait for them to grow fur and learns how to eat on their own. (maybe about a month?)
the mummy and daddy dont bite people. they are quite friendly and tamed.
and i cant give you a cage , cause i keep them in an aquarium .
BUT i can recommend to you a pet shop (or two!) that is selling hamsters cages with a reasonable price (about rm30-50?) but its not those fashionable, with lots of toys or loops for hamsters to play. Its just a normal cage ( very nice colours tho! ) with the running wheel, bowl, drinking bottle, the basics larh. im quite close with the shop owner, so maybe i can get a 10% discount or so :))))))

btw, im staying in Klang.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Animal Lover

Nur dear,

Thanx for your offer. I'd chk out your post. But I think I'll take up Venny's offer as her hamsters are dwarf and it is better that I start with something smaller for my 1st time.

Venny babe,

Ok I'll wait till those babies are ready to be rehome. Once they develop fur, could you pls reserve for me a mommy-look-a-like and a daddy-look-a-like? But they need to be same sex coz I wanna avoid breeding. I was told that females are better than males as they are less aggressive, territorial and thus fight lesser. Is it true? If its true, then I'll prefer female. Hope it is not too much to ask.

Btw, which part of Klang you are in? I'm in Kota Kemuning.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Nur dear,

Thanx for your offer. I'd chk out your post. But I think I'll take up Venny's offer as her hamsters are dwarf and it is better that I start with something smaller for my 1st time.

Venny babe,

Ok I'll wait till those babies are ready to be rehome. Once they develop fur, could you pls reserve for me a mommy-look-a-like and a daddy-look-a-like? But they need to be same sex coz I wanna avoid breeding. I was told that females are better than males as they are less aggressive, territorial and thus fight lesser. Is it true? If its true, then I'll prefer female. Hope it is not too much to ask.

Btw, which part of Klang you are in? I'm in Kota Kemuning.

Dear Angelsoo,

If you want the same sex, i'll recommend for you to take either both winter gold or both roborovsky. Because they might fight for food, space or when on heat (etc.) when they are older and if they are the same sex. the mommy and daddy dont fight its because they are different sexes and they are the only two hamsters living together inside one big aquarium. And so the daddy knows that when he is on heat, there would only be mommy there, thats why they dont fight with each other.

I dont really think the male hamsters are more aggresive.
BUT every single hamster has different personalities, so you cant really decide which is more aggresive or which is more loving.

here is a few general tips about hamsters before you decide:

roborovsky are small but fast and they rarely bite people. they like clean and fresh water, so it will be healthier for them if you change their water once every 2 to 4 days (even if there are still water left ). they also love juicy fruits! Sometimes during a hot afternoon, i would buy some watermelons or honeydew and cut them into tiny pieces and leave it for them to eat. but after an hour or so, if there is any left in their food bowl, pls remove it. as the fruits might rot and poison the poor hamster. fruits are also good for digestion and dehydration for hamsters too!

Roborvski hamsters are not very good pets for younger children that like to hold and play with the hamsters a lot because they are fast runners. However, they make good pets for older and more mature pet owners that like to observe and maybe even slowly tame the usually very shy Robo.

For winter gold, their habits are about the same with roborvski. BUT they are not as fast as d roborvski hamsters. And so the winter gold hamsters are more suitable for those that like to hold and play with hamsters. And they are slightly bigger than them too.

Btw, im staying in Taman Selatan. Its near the chinese secondary school, Hin Hua.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:31 AM
Animal Lover

Thanx Venny for your tips. Look like winter gold is the more suitable one for me. Doesn't matter what sexes they turn out, I'll like them equally. Just hope out of all the 4 pups, 2 of them are winter gold and not all are roborovsky.

Hey I used to stayed in Southern Park many many years ago. I was a Klang gal till I moved out 15yrs ago. I was staying near the triangle field. Can't remember the road name. Where are you staying?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Thanx Venny for your tips. Look like winter gold is the more suitable one for me. Doesn't matter what sexes they turn out, I'll like them equally. Just hope out of all the 4 pups, 2 of them are winter gold and not all are roborovsky.

Hey I used to stayed in Southern Park many many years ago. I was a Klang gal till I moved out 15yrs ago. I was staying near the triangle field. Can't remember the road name. Where are you staying?
Guess we'll both have to wait. Pls pm me your hp number so that it'll be easier for me to contact you. :)

Im staying at Lorong Palas. 2 rows behind the big field. Its a small world after all! :D