Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Announcements, Notices and Contests

Announcements, Notices and Contests General announcements, latest developments at PetFinder.my and contests with cool prizes!

Old 05-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Stop Animal Abuse - Petition & Press Conference

Dear Members,

Stop Animal Abuse In Malaysia

Animal abuse cases are getting too rampant in Malaysia, with cruel, senseless abuses and killings of helpless animals by local councils and cold-blooded people.

We must act NOW, and act FAST. Play a role in stopping animal abuse and cruelty!

Sign the joint online petition by leading Malaysian animal welfare NGOs, and show how much you care about the animals. Together, we can make a difference.

Sign The Petition Now

http://StopAnimalAbuse.PetFinder.my/

Please spread the word and tell your friends too. We need both local and international pressure to implement a drastic change on animal welfare laws and enforcement.

Last edited by AndyKoh; 06-02-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

bobcatJB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stop Animal Abuse - Sign Petition

Hi Andy....I already sign the petition yesterday. I was so shock to see that this kinda of thing happens under our nose. There's a lot of things that i can tolerate but abusive to animals is not one of them. I can be from a super calm person to a crazy mofo if i ever see this kinda thing in front of me. Kudos to you for the effort. By the way i'm thinking of opening a thread in forums that i'm active in. But my only concern is, what is going to happend to the petition?? what is the next step? I really need to know if this is really going somewhere...
thanks andy

Last edited by bobcatJB; 05-29-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Default Re: Stop Animal Abuse - Sign Petition

Hi bobcatJB,

Thanks for signing the petition and spreading the word!

Actually there's already follow up action planned. This Sunday (Jun 5) there'll be a press conference during Mid Valley's Pet World Expo, attended by supporting NGOs and VIPs, together with a signing ceremony, and the first 10K signatures will be handed over to PM asap. This is Phase 1 of the plan, while petition will continue to get more signatures and follow up plans will be worked on.

Please keep a lookout for the finalized details which will be broadcasted on PetFinder soon!

Last edited by AndyKoh; 06-02-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Default Re: Stop Animal Abuse Petition - Press Conference

PETITION TO STOP ANIMAL ABUSE IN MALAYSIA:

PRESS CONFERENCE AND SIGNING OF PETITION BY TAN SRI LEE LAM THYE

SPCA Selangor, June 2nd 2011 - The recent news reports on the cruel stray animal control methods employed by municipal councils indicate that despite public outrage and numerous pleas from NGOs for better stray animal management practices, legislators and elective representatives still lack the political will to consider alternative animal control methods, enforce animal protection laws or impose harsher punishment for cruelty to animals. Malaysia's inadequate laws, ineffective penalties and political apathy has come to the attention of the global community, and animal-lovers everywhere intend to lobby the Malaysian government into reviewing existing laws and practices.

Since its launch on 18th May 2011, an online petition against animal abuse and cruelty in Malaysia (http://StopAnimalAbuse.my) supported by 16 local animal welfare organizations has garnered over 10,000 signatures. The NGOs hope to collect 50,000 signatures in the following months, and soon hand over the petition to the Prime Minister.

A press conference to announce the petition has been organized, details as follows;

DATE: 5TH JUNE 2011, SUNDAY

TIME: 12PM SHARP

VENUE: PET WORLD MALAYSIA 2011, STAGE @ MID VALLEY EXHIBITION CENTRE, MID VALLEY MEGAMALL

Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye, a long-time animal-welfare activist will be attending the press conference and will lend his support by signing the petition. Other influential figures and celebrities are also expected to attend.

Press Conference Itinerary
11.50am VIPs and Heads of Animal Welfare Organisations arrive
12.00pm Intro Speech by Christine Chin, SPCA Selangor Chairman
12.05pm Speech by Andy Koh, Founder of PetFinder.my
12.10pm Speech by Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye
12.15pm Q & A session with Media
12.25pm Signing of petition by Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye, VIPs & Photo session

Join us at the Pet World Expo event to show your support for the petition and animal welfare! Lots of lovely pets for adoption there too, as well as merchant booths and interesting programs.

Sign The Petition Online Now:
http://StopAnimalAbuse.PetFinder.my/

Last edited by AndyKoh; 06-02-2011 at 11:07 AM.