Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 09-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Soal Jawal Kemusykilan Agama Dari Segi Pemgembirian Bintanang Peliharaan

Dear All

I'd like to share with you the following. I wrote to Jakim (at their website) for the advice and ruling in Islam concerning the issue of neutering pets. this is their reply to me.

Ruangan Soal Jawab Kemusykilan Agama
Kategori
:
ISU SEMASA

SUB KATEGORI
--Sila Pilih--
Tarikh Hantar Soalan
:
15/08/2008 02:23 PM
Soalan
:
Dear Sirs,

please excuse my not writing in bahasa malaysia. i'm a non-muslim malaysian and i work as a volunteer to rescue and rehome stray animals like cats, etc.

there are many generous malaysians who are kind enough to want to offer a home to stray cats that we volunteers rescued but the one question that always turned up is the reluctance of muslim cat lovers to castrate/spay the cats they adopt.

i would like to respectly seek some advice on whether under islam a muslim is allowed to castrate/spay his/her cat with the intention of helping to reduce the population of stray and unwanted cats (also to reduce the suffering of these poor creatures) as well as for the improved health of the cats.

i would be extremely grateful if you could provide me with some guidance and advice on this particular topic.

thank you very much for your consideration.

sincerely,
ashley wong yoke chin.
Jawapan
:
Memandulkan binatang yang harus dimakan dagingnya seperti lembu, kerbau, kambing dan sebagainya adalah harus hukumnya tetapi hendaklah dimandulkan binatang itu semasa kecil untuk menjadikan ia lebih gemuk.

Walau bagaimanapun, menurut Keputusan Panel Kajian Syariah pada 3&4 April 2000, mengembiri binatang kesayangan yang tidak boleh dimakan seperti kucing atau anjing adalah diharuskan dengan sebab-sebab tertentu iaitu bagi menjaga maslahah ammah.

Maslahah ammah bermaksud jika binatang itu membawa penyakit atau menjaga keselamatan manusia serta kesejahteraan persekitaran dan sebagainya.
Status
:
Selesai - Paparan Web.
. Nombor Rujukan
:
Panel SJAI 250908
Tarikh Selesai
:
25/09/2008 04:57 PM
Old 09-26-2008, 10:11 AM
PetFinder Guru

sarahseben is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Soal Jawal Kemusykilan Agama Dari Segi Pemgembirian Bintanang Peliharaan

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the effort and sharing the knowledge with us. At least, the worries have been answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Dear All

I'd like to share with you the following. I wrote to Jakim (at their website) for the advice and ruling in Islam concerning the issue of neutering pets. this is their reply to me.

Ruangan Soal Jawab Kemusykilan Agama
Kategori
:
ISU SEMASA

SUB KATEGORI
--Sila Pilih--
Tarikh Hantar Soalan
:
15/08/2008 02:23 PM
Soalan
:
Dear Sirs,

please excuse my not writing in bahasa malaysia. i'm a non-muslim malaysian and i work as a volunteer to rescue and rehome stray animals like cats, etc.

there are many generous malaysians who are kind enough to want to offer a home to stray cats that we volunteers rescued but the one question that always turned up is the reluctance of muslim cat lovers to castrate/spay the cats they adopt.

i would like to respectly seek some advice on whether under islam a muslim is allowed to castrate/spay his/her cat with the intention of helping to reduce the population of stray and unwanted cats (also to reduce the suffering of these poor creatures) as well as for the improved health of the cats.

i would be extremely grateful if you could provide me with some guidance and advice on this particular topic.

thank you very much for your consideration.

sincerely,
ashley wong yoke chin.
Jawapan
:
Memandulkan binatang yang harus dimakan dagingnya seperti lembu, kerbau, kambing dan sebagainya adalah harus hukumnya tetapi hendaklah dimandulkan binatang itu semasa kecil untuk menjadikan ia lebih gemuk.

Walau bagaimanapun, menurut Keputusan Panel Kajian Syariah pada 3&4 April 2000, mengembiri binatang kesayangan yang tidak boleh dimakan seperti kucing atau anjing adalah diharuskan dengan sebab-sebab tertentu iaitu bagi menjaga maslahah ammah.

Maslahah ammah bermaksud jika binatang itu membawa penyakit atau menjaga keselamatan manusia serta kesejahteraan persekitaran dan sebagainya.
Status
:
Selesai - Paparan Web.
. Nombor Rujukan
:
Panel SJAI 250908
Tarikh Selesai
:
25/09/2008 04:57 PM
Old 09-26-2008, 10:25 AM
LeenMaF|a

Lyn_Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Soal Jawal Kemusykilan Agama Dari Segi Pemgembirian Bintanang Peliharaan

Tapi susah juga kalu kita nak explain dgn org2 tua .. contonhnya pakcik aku...
aku nak kembirikan kucing aku kat kpg tu tp mati2 dia tak bagi sbb dosalah... pastu siap ckp aku tanak tanggung dosa ko .. buat sakit hati jerk.. last2 tak jadik buat.. sbb mak aku pun tanak bising2 ngan dia. walaupun dah bgtau fatwa2 tu.. dia tetap stick pd hukum yang asal..dimana harus cuma utk binatang ternakan dan haram pd haiwan peliharaan..
Old 09-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Soal Jawal Kemusykilan Agama Dari Segi Pemgembirian Bintanang Peliharaan

Sebenarnay benda ni pernah dibincang panjang lebar kat kampung lama.mmg ada kebenaran dari pihak JAKIM ttg kembiri kucing dan anjing.aku tak payah tunggu statement dari JAKIM pun dah kembiri kucing2 aku.pakai logik aku saja
Old 09-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

ooo kalau kembiri dr kecik boleh menyebabkan kegemukan ke??? huhuhu later aku dpt cucu cicit aku nak kembiri siap siap~ hihi .. oooppss... niat dah melencong... **cepat2 betulkan niat ... utk kesejahteraan persekitarann
Old 09-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned

Hi lyn cat

well, i guess the world is not perfect. what can you do, it's your pakcik, bersabar aje lah....

it's always that way, the elder generation finds it difficult to take advice from the younger generation (especially if they're your relatives) but they will take the same advice easily from their peers!

if you know your pakcik's friends and they have cats and their willing to neuter their cats, then maybe in time they can help to change your pakcik's minds.

i also heard that some buddhists are against doing such thing but i have not heard in details exactly which part of the dharma buddha they're refering to, otehrwise i can do more research on it and post my answers here too :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn_Cat View Post
Tapi susah juga kalu kita nak explain dgn org2 tua .. contonhnya pakcik aku...
aku nak kembirikan kucing aku kat kpg tu tp mati2 dia tak bagi sbb dosalah... pastu siap ckp aku tanak tanggung dosa ko .. buat sakit hati jerk.. last2 tak jadik buat.. sbb mak aku pun tanak bising2 ngan dia. walaupun dah bgtau fatwa2 tu.. dia tetap stick pd hukum yang asal..dimana harus cuma utk binatang ternakan dan haram pd haiwan peliharaan..
Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Exotics Breeder

Kulaifornia_Cattery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kulaifornia_Cattery

Irrespective what the religion says, I for one will always neutered my kittens before sending them to their new homes or even if they stay on my home, they will be neutered. For instance, Dega_One after neutered no longer spray around the house and he became very attached to me.

KULAIFORNIA EXOTICS
Where Cats Are Loved
www.kulaiforniacats.webs.com
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Banned

actually it has nothing to do with religion but some are concerned that it may be against their religion's teachings, etc.

so for such people with such objections, we try to help by finding out what is the objection and we try to seek qualified answers to that they know they can do it with peace of mind that it's not in contradiction with their religion's teachings.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi lyn cat

well, i guess the world is not perfect. what can you do, it's your pakcik, bersabar aje lah....

it's always that way, the elder generation finds it difficult to take advice from the younger generation (especially if they're your relatives) but they will take the same advice easily from their peers!

if you know your pakcik's friends and they have cats and their willing to neuter their cats, then maybe in time they can help to change your pakcik's minds.
Alaaaa ... manusia semua nie sebenornya "kalau nak seribu daya kalau tak nak seribu dalih" punyer, full stop!

After you have argued out the dosa on kembirian (Jakim ke tak Jakim), dia pulak akan kata "kesian la, sakit dia kena operate la ... tak sanggup nengok dia sakit mcm tu" ...

... and then you are forced into a strategy from another angle pulak ... then dia pusing pulak mcm ayam kena kejar ... and so on and so forth ...

... so, Lyn_Cat, just do what I do ... bundle the cat into a carrier and off to the vet (forget about the sabar-menyabar bcos while kita dok sabar, the cat (and kittens) continue to suffer ... bila diorang nanya "where is the cat ah? dah 2 hari tak nampak ..."

... and you just play muker duh with "ish-ish ... ya tak ya pulak ..." and quietly release the cat later.

... and should they find out the truth, just buat kulit tebal and tahan all the fireworks and meriam ... you will not die from it pun ... after all, you die only once!!

... and after the cat/s have fully recovered and running/jumping around (more healthy maa ...) and gemuk-kiut as well as wangi-wangi (no more smelly pungent urine looorrr ...), hopefully they will come to their senses that it is not so bad after all and (dare we hope?) start to point fingers at the neighbours to kembiri their cats too!

Last edited by FurKids; 09-29-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Animal Lover

kdg2 tindakan yg mcm Furkid cakap tu diperlukan dlm situasi mcm ni sebab org2 tua klu nak tunggu they change their mind,another 50 yrs pun tak akan dpt neuter kucing2 ni.aku punya stail klu cakap sekali tak masuk buatlah mcm furkid kata tu.he!!he!!he!! bila dah neuter hantar kucing balik,klu dia nak marah pun apa lg yg dia blh buat.yg penting kucing dah neuter
nasib baiklah parents aku support the idea of neutering their cats.durang pun tak nak kucing beranak pinak.siap ada strays dtg rmh pun mak aku angkut ke govt vet utk dineuter.dia sendiri pun sedar akibat kucing2 yg tak dineuter.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
i also heard that some buddhists are against doing such thing but i have not heard in details exactly which part of the dharma buddha they're refering to, otehrwise i can do more research on it and post my answers here too :-)
Yeah, Ashley, some of the Buddhist groups pulak are another kettle of fish ... I hear one of my friends cerita in frustration that when he helped to distribute the free book entitled "Pawprints on my heart - A Buddhist Perspective" to his Buddhist colleagues and neighbours (the author Dr. Chan Kah Yein encourages her fellow Buddhists to show compassion towards animals, especially strays and to feed them), many of them replied that they are different Buddhists or "Oh, that different Buddha!"

... go figure ...
Old 09-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
kdg2 tindakan yg mcm Furkid cakap tu diperlukan dlm situasi mcm ni sebab org2 tua klu nak tunggu they change their mind,another 50 yrs pun tak akan dpt neuter kucing2 ni.aku punya stail klu cakap sekali tak masuk buatlah mcm furkid kata tu.he!!he!!he!! bila dah neuter hantar kucing balik,klu dia nak marah pun apa lg yg dia blh buat.yg penting kucing dah neuter
nasib baiklah parents aku support the idea of neutering their cats.durang pun tak nak kucing beranak pinak.siap ada strays dtg rmh pun mak aku angkut ke govt vet utk dineuter.dia sendiri pun sedar akibat kucing2 yg tak dineuter.
June, I wanna vote your Mum as "MOTHER OF THE YEAR"!!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Animal Lover

tulah pasal furkid.Actually when I found out abt few mums yg kekawan kita cite kata they don't agree on neutering their pets, I terkezut sgt because my mum sgt2 support neutering our pets.I ingat all mums are like that.sebab dari aku kecik smp besar kucing kami suma kena neuter.even now my sisters,brothers all neutered their pets.rupanya bukanlah mcm tu.skrg ni ada beberapa strays suka lepak kat my mum's house,dia akan call minta duit kat kita org nak antar strays pigi neuter kat govt vet.sebab tak nak kucing2 ni jd dbl/triple and multiplyhe!!he!!he!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
June, I wanna vote your Mum as "MOTHER OF THE YEAR"!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

It is difficult to change ones mindset, try google "islam + neuter", you'd get conflicting answers.
So ... we can't really blame the older generations of not being "certain" to act?

I'm a Buddhist, yes, I do neuter my cats but sometimes, I have questions playing in my mind "Am I interrupting their karma cycles? Do I have to rights to take away their fertility? Who am I to decide for them?"

Beliefs are quite different, even within Buddhism there are different sects. Remember to respect. Some may get displeased with different views, but unless you are a pure vegetarian (with no harm done to any animals .... ) then, do not show your displeasure!

At the moment, I don't ask monk for answers (not yet), I just use logic, like June....

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 10-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Banned

HI sillylupie

i agree with you that there may be conflicting thoughts and answers even for buddhists and those who professed to be buddhists but i believe it is due to "ignorance" or "wrong thought" on the subject. but then who am i to say others are "ignorant" when i'm not that better off than them?

anyway, i believe the way to counter all uncertainty is with information and knowledge, the right information and knowledge, applied accurately and correctly, will certainly help.

perhaps "the intention" of the thought, action, is the key to understanding whether it is good to do or not do? intention is not to harm but intention is to help prevent further suffering and further cycle of suffering? this i can grapple with when it comes to neutering unpregnant females but i still shy away from aborting pregnant females - no matter how early or how late the pregnancy is unless there is a medical reason for it...

hmm, maybe if we continue on this thread here lari tajuk? let's discuss it PM way - to our heart's content, hehehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
It is difficult to change ones mindset, try google "islam + neuter", you'd get conflicting answers.
So ... we can't really blame the older generations of not being "certain" to act?

I'm a Buddhist, yes, I do neuter my cats but sometimes, I have questions playing in my mind "Am I interrupting their karma cycles? Do I have to rights to take away their fertility? Who am I to decide for them?"

Beliefs are quite different, even within Buddhism there are different sects. Remember to respect. Some may get displeased with different views, but unless you are a pure vegetarian (with no harm done to any animals .... ) then, do not show your displeasure!

At the moment, I don't ask monk for answers (not yet), I just use logic, like June....
Old 10-04-2008, 03:52 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Religion is a very tricky matter to handle!!
:)

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com