Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

View Poll Results: What was your experience with Dr Teoh of Peng Aun Vet in Sg Dua
Excellent 0 0%
Good 0 0%
So-so 0 0%
Bad 0 0%
Terrible 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Animal Lover

pepe is on a distinguished road
Default Experience @ Peng Aun Veterinary Clinic - Sg Dua, Penang, Malaysia

Something to share with pet owners in Penang, based on my family's experience with Dr. Teoh of Peng Aun Vet Clinic. We have visited Dr. Teoh a couple of times and it was never a pleasant experience and instead humiliating at times and it's mainly because we usually bring in mongrels/strays.

Once, we brought our dog(mongrel) to him and he shove us off quickly. Subsequently, our friend brought his dog for consultation and he made a remark,"this is only another 'chai kau'(mongrel)" and concluded very quickly, dogs with distemper cannot be saved and owner was told to bring him home. Recently, we brought a rescued stray to Dr Teoh(due to convenience of location), and he had no interest in examining the dog at all. That dog was previously abused and therefore is totally afraid of humans and when we told him, he questioned us in return saying,"how should I treat him then" He was uninterested in us and couldn't be bothered.

This is what you pay to get when you bring a mongrel/stray to him. In the end, we walked out and head on to Dr. Ooi at another Peng Aun clinic located at Gottleib Road. Dr. Ooi attended to us politely and even managed to take our dog's blood sample and etc. I believe it was just a matter of personal will and professionalism. Dr. Ooi was patient and he has a heart for animals and didn't discriminate the strays we brought in for treatment.

A vet whom judges which dogs to save are hypocrites and worse than animal abusers. None of my dogs deserve Dr. Teoh's judgmental eyes, mentality and treatment and we vowed not to bring any of our dogs or rescued strays to Dr. Teoh from Peng Aun Sg 2 branch. I have once recommended ppl to go to Peng Aun when they asked for vets in penang and i have to correct what i have said as I meant going to Dr. Ooi whom is now at Peng Aun Gottleib Road.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:36 PM
Animal Lover

Ordinarypeople is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Experience @ Peng Aun Veterinary Clinic - Sg Dua, Penang, Malaysia

I send a mongrel that is about a year old for spaying to Peng Aun Vet Sg.Dua with Dr.Teoh. Send in the morning and by afternoon - received message to go quickly to the clinic and found the mongrel died during operation. The reason is the tick suck out too much of her red blood so when operation the blood pressure drop and she died. Since it was my fault for choosing Sg.Dua when my friend suggest me waterfall branch as first option. I have to control my anger before I shout out #@$^# to him as I believe he should check first if that dog can be operate on or not and not waste my $$$ and time as I intend to keep this mongrel from the market as there is this bond between us. He don't seen to respect mongrel and become careless in his treatment of mongrel dog. Never will I bring my dog to him. This dog is strong and not sick when send in as I bath her a day before. Is the tick that dangerous that it can kill her and not kill two other dogs I keep with her? I now start to spray anti-tick around my house and the two dogs.