Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent Fosterer / Volunteer / Adopter Needed

Dear Esteemed members of Petfinder.my

I hope that my call for help today with be met today.

I have two cats - one an adult female, an a 2-month kitten.

I need to find urgently :

1) either volunteer or fosterer to help take in the adult female

2) adopter wanting to provide a permanent home to the adult female

if you're a fosterer, i'm willing to foot the bill for the adult cat vis-a-vis food, care material (as in litter material and litter box) and vet care (i will make arrangement with you to take cat to vet, either you take cat there and i reimburse you or i take cat there). the cat is in good condition so there's no possiblities of complication.

just that both my neighbours are threatening me and the cat - for the cat's safety i need to find someone to take her in, even temporarily. of course she will be spayed and i will foot the bill for that, if she is spayed before being rehomed.

2) as for the kitten, it is currently at my vet under observation, i will foot any follow-up vet bill, food and care.

volunteer / fosterer should be genuine animal lover with genuine compassion for animal. and the cats have to be indoor - no question about letting it roam outdoor as the aim is to take them off the streets and keep them off the streets.

pls reply via this forum

thanks in advance

rgds
ashley
Old 03-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Urgent Fosterer / Volunteer / Adopter Needed

Ashley,

Please do not post the thread in multiple sections - the announcements and cats corner are not for this purpose. I have removed the threads there.

Good luck in seeking adopters!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Dear Esteemed members of Petfinder.my

I hope that my call for help today with be met today.

I have two cats - one an adult female, an a 2-month kitten.

I need to find urgently :

1) either volunteer or fosterer to help take in the adult female

2) adopter wanting to provide a permanent home to the adult female

if you're a fosterer, i'm willing to foot the bill for the adult cat vis-a-vis food, care material (as in litter material and litter box) and vet care (i will make arrangement with you to take cat to vet, either you take cat there and i reimburse you or i take cat there). the cat is in good condition so there's no possiblities of complication.

just that both my neighbours are threatening me and the cat - for the cat's safety i need to find someone to take her in, even temporarily. of course she will be spayed and i will foot the bill for that, if she is spayed before being rehomed.

2) as for the kitten, it is currently at my vet under observation, i will foot any follow-up vet bill, food and care.

volunteer / fosterer should be genuine animal lover with genuine compassion for animal. and the cats have to be indoor - no question about letting it roam outdoor as the aim is to take them off the streets and keep them off the streets.

pls reply via this forum

thanks in advance

rgds
ashley
Hi Ashley, I understand ur urgent situation now, I would love to help u if i can. but the problem is I'm staying in the condo with 1 puppy here, my house is so small and do not hv much space to fosterer the kitten and cat that u mentioned above. If I were staying in a housing area, i definitely will help u.

Wish u manage to find the adopter or fosterer for them. Anyway, I will help u to ask around my friend see if anyone can give a help to u. Do u have their picture? May be u can try to post in the pet for adoption profile.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Human :-)

prinz38i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to prinz38i

Hi ashley,

What happen to the kitten? Why is it admitted at the vet?
Old 03-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Dear Andy,

sorry, i haven't been here for so long i can't remember where to post my request so i thought i'd cover all my bases but then i knew you'd help to put it in the appropriate section thanks :-)

Dear Daphne,

thanks for your concern. don't worry. although i'm concerned that time may run out for me, i still believe that someone will help me out and someone did. a kind lady has taken care of the kitten and another kind lady has offered her help with the adult cat.

Dear Prinz38i

thanks for the concern. The kitten has a pelvic bone fracture - it was clearly seen in the x-ray but the vet was hopeful that it would heal properly and it did. the kitten is now moving around without any problem at all. It was also in dire need of food and nutrition when i found it or rather when it found me. I have named the kitten olivia so i shall to refer to her by name. Olivia was admitted to my vet's clinic for about a week for observation and treatment of the fracture. then another week when they discovered an abcess on her chest exactly over her chest bone (forgot the name of that bone). they removed the pus in the abcess and gave olivia medication. last week i discharged her as she had thorougly healed. Olivia doesn't require anymore medication or special treatment although she needs to be in "cage rest" for a few more weeks to enable her pelvic bone to knit properly and to minimise any possible trauma and unnncessary movement (like jumping and running) that may cause more damage.

happily there is no nerve damage and she can pass stool and urine properly. i am so glad.

Olivia requires close monitoring which i'm not able to provide at the moment but happily i have found a responsible person who agrees to shelter the kitten and care for her until she is ready to be rehomed. I have agreed to sponsor all medical costs for the kitten including vaccination and spaying and related vet items for the kitten (should need arises). i'm very grateful to this kind lady, Ms. R, who is so compassionate and understanding. Olivia was puzzled why i left her with Ms. R but now about 4 days later, olivia is very happy with her new fosterer.

As for the adult female cat, Phoebe, i hope i'm able to come to an arrangement with the other kind lady. I'm quite concern that time may not be on our side as each day that passes exposes her to
1) risk of being chased or hit or bullied by my neighbours 2) risk of being hit by cars as my house faces a street with high volume of traffic throughout day and night except between 3am-5am.
3) risk of getting bitten by prowling unneutered males in the area - also risk of her getting pregnant

the aim is to get her off the street into a warm and loving home where she can be properly cared for while we try to find a permanent home for her.

any help you can rendered, even in the form of recommendation of fosterers or contact names and numbers would be much appreciated by both Phoebe and I.