Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Slumdog kid going for the oscar

It was only last night that I decide to watch Slumdog Millionaire after having it for almost 2 weeks. It is a very good & touching show, I have to admit, earlier I thought it was going to be some Bollywood style movie. I was even more surprise that the movie & the Slumdog kids are heading for the Oscar Award. Wow!!

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 02-22-2009, 01:11 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Slumdog kid going for the oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
It was only last night that I decide to watch Slumdog Millionaire after having it for almost 2 weeks. It is a very good & touching show, I have to admit, earlier I thought it was going to be some Bollywood style movie. I was even more surprise that the movie & the Slumdog kids are heading for the Oscar Award. Wow!!
I have seen it too and it brought back lots of memories. We should be thankful for the warm bed, clean water and shall I say good food we have. The train ride was an experience if you don't travel first class.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

I've heard of it, but haven't seen it. Looks like I must get a copy of the DVD when we go shopping for movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
I have seen it too and it brought back lots of memories. We should be thankful for the warm bed, clean water and shall I say good food we have. The train ride was an experience if you don't travel first class.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Yeah,me too.Many reviewer give different opinion abt this movie.But I would like to watch this movie first before I can give my critic

Charlene, I think if you want to buy the DVD might have to wait a little bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
I've heard of it, but haven't seen it. Looks like I must get a copy of the DVD when we go shopping for movies.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Ok, can wait, no problem. If we miss it on the cinema, we usually don't mind waiting. I remember those disney movies are a long, long wait before they are released in DVD, so it's ok, as long as we don't grow old waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Charlene, I think if you want to buy the DVD might have to wait a little bit longer.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok, can wait, no problem. If we miss it on the cinema, we usually don't mind waiting. I remember those disney movies are a long, long wait before they are released in DVD, so it's ok, as long as we don't grow old waiting.
Charlene, you can get the DVD copy in Seri Petaling & some more very good quality.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Petfinder Moderator

ok, tell me about the shop when I see you.

Wow!! They garnered so many Oscars yeterday: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Score, Best Sound Mixing, Best I don't remember what else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Charlene, you can get the DVD copy in Seri Petaling & some more very good quality.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

Yeah, and leave Curious Case of Benjamin Button behind.heheheh!!

Do you know Frieda Pinto @ Latika looks like Jay from Mix.fm?? The radio deejay.

Quote:
ok, tell me about the shop when I see you.

Wow!! They garnered so many Oscars yeterday: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Score, Best Sound Mixing, Best I don't remember what else.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Yeah. I think it's Hollywood's way of trying to break into new market. I remember that one year they gave many oscars to the chinese.

I'm not saying Slumdog Millionaire doesn't deserve the oscars, but it just looks that way to me. I think I'll be interested to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The story is interesting.

Yup, now you mentioned it, I can see the similarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Yeah, and leave Curious Case of Benjamin Button behind.heheheh!!

Do you know Frieda Pinto @ Latika looks like Jay from Mix.fm?? The radio deejay.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
PetFinder Guru

hatemetoday is on a distinguished road
Default is this true or just media manipulation?

sorry am pasting it in BM version...where did it go wrong...i havent lost my emotion watching those kids striving to live in SM..sekarang ni lagi la hati aku sayu tengok the real 'Salim' in tears...pls la people..kids are not to be hurt hokkeh!

Bapa pelakon Slumdog minta bayaran lebih

AZHARUDDIN menangis selepas ditampar oleh bapanya baru-baru ini.

MUMBAI - Bapa pelakon kanak-kanak filem Slumdog Millionaire, Azharuddin Ismail menuntut lebih banyak bayaran diberikan kepada anaknya, lapor sebuah akhbar semalam.

Tuntutan tersebut disuarakan oleh lelaki berkenaan, Ismail Mohammed, 45, selepas anak lelakinya dikatakan dibayar kurang AS$28,550 (RM105,623) sedangkan filem itu meraih kutipan mencecah AS$175.6 juta (RM649.6 juta)

Azharuddin dilaporkan menerima bayaran AS$999 (RM3,696) sewaktu penggambaran manakala AS$24,981 (RM92,420) lagi dimasukkan ke dalam satu tabung amanah dan hanya boleh dikeluarkan ketika kanak-kanak itu berumur 18 tahun.

Selain itu, dia juga dibayar elaun bulanan sebanyak AS$28.60(RM106) dan keluarganya akan diberikan sebuah rumah baru berharga AS$28,550 (RM105,623).

Bagaimanapun, bapa Azharuddin yang tinggal di sebuah pondok serta menghidap batuk kering dengan pendapatan bulanan kurang AS$57 (RM211) berkata, bayaran kepada anaknya tidak mencukupi dan pengarah filem tersebut, Danny Boyle sepatutnya memberikan wang anaknya itu sekali gus dengan segera.

Kelmarin, sebuah akhbar melaporkan Azharuddin menangis selepas ditampar oleh bapanya kerana dia enggan ditemu bual media.

Bapa Azharuddin bekerja sebagai pemungut kayu api. - Agensi
Old 03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is this true or just media manipulation?

its true, some more it was brought that they were only paid 1.5 years of local salary (slightly more) which this particular TBC dad boy already finished the money (prolly payin debt and stuff).. thats why it is actually a good thing the money can only be taken out when the kid reaches 18.. and i heard there were education fund as well.

and there was uproar that after slumdog they still go back to the makeshift houses they live in.. so now the producers are going to make sure that the kids will move (with families) to brick and mortar houses. as if living in brick and mortar houses is sufficient luxury as a payback for the money printing movie.

ridiculous isnt it, after all the movie is about slumdogs. Just feel that the movie makers ought to give back more, at least to the community where the story "took place".
Old 03-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Animal Lover

one more info.. the kid refused cause he was so tired after the flight for the award.. to freakin U.S and A. and the village parade. That dad needs slappin.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

... so all the adults exploit the poor kid, including his own flesh and blood useless so-called father ...

Here, lemme box the father's mite infested ears!!! Better still, I call Dato' Mat Fuad to send in his mah chai and stranggle him with the very same ropes till his neck patah and if still breathing, finish the job by drowning him in that stinking pool of water, then throw his body into one of those shallow pits!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 03-02-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Animal Lover

yeah, sadly to this kid (at least) is kanan kiri kena.. father and producers. like squattin in the middle lookin sadly in bitterness that they know not why, repressed.

at least he did the movie, at least he went to u.s., at least now he got education fund. at least now brick and mortar house.. at least better than nothing.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Petfinder Moderator

i pity the kids. in such situations, it's not uncommon for the fathers to rip off their own kids.

and i won't be surprised if the father takes the money, too, when the kid reaches 18. after all, in indian society, the kids have no say, not even when they're 21. their fathers will arrange their marriages for them, too.

err, no racism intended, so, no brickbats from anyone please. it's just my observation.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:43 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookie is on a distinguished road

Watching the film and being there experiencing it are different. Life is so, so hard for them. I believe you will cry without tears.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM
PetFinder Guru

hatemetoday is on a distinguished road

and i was so devasted the scene where that culprit 'welfare' man called Maman eye blinded one of the orphanage...i was like owh shoot! look elsewhere...one whole day aku tak sedap badan...

back to azharuddin's case..i agreed with ferret...bapak dia memang sesuai kena tampar dgn tapak kasot fullstop