Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:20 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

What is a kitten Backyard breeder? What is a Kitten Mill?

someone who is looking for a quick buck
someone who drastically undercuts the price
someone who does not care who buys their kittens or for what purpose.
someone who lets kittens go at seven weeks or younger so that they do not have to spend any money on vaccinations (nor do they have to approach a vet and admit to what they are doing)
someone who does not offer a health guarantee, contract or even take the phone number of kitten buyers
someone who will place their kittens for sale in pet stores
someone who has no thought or care to good feline husbandry
someone who has no thought or care to genetic good health or defects
someone who has offer campaign saving homeless cat, but inside pet shop selling those kitten from Backyard breeder.

Please Stop and buy from Backyard breeder advertising at petfinder.my pet seller.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Animal Lover

justice4pets is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Hi Blackie007,

Try not to be angered! This could well be someone 'related' to those unethical breeders and pet shop owners!

I know for sure two pet shops (Super Pets & City Pets) are pron to this type of language, especially City Pet!

Infact, City Pet is well known for selling sick pets to customers and claim that the pet was 'fine' until the customer brought them home. Pet owners around the Kulai area where City Pet is located is afraid of going to that pet shop as City Pet also helps their customers to 'dispose' of their pets by giving them an injection to 'help' the pet from pet fever. Then later tell the customer that the pet died because of pet fever due to the mistreatment of the pet by the owner and nothing to do with the injection which they gave. Even though the pet had been 'vaccinated', please be aware that this 'vaccination' is actually done by the shop owner himself. They also do not tell the customer that the pet has not seen the vet and they also do not show you the vaccination card which comes along with the pet. Other important documents that should accompany the pet is also not availble when you get the pet but months later and sometimes they do not even give it to their customers.

If there are any other similar stories please let me know as well.
Ps: Lots of people have already been cheated by them so please be warned!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Justice4Pets,

thanks for sharing what you know. really appreciate that.

and no, I wasn't angry. I was just extremely disappointed, that's all. (when I'm angry, I am extremely rude & do not mind my language)
Old 08-07-2009, 11:36 PM
PetFinder Moderator

everyone please keep support Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop. Other else Barkyard breeder keep on kitty mill and puppy mill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Justice4Pets,

thanks for sharing what you know. really appreciate that.

and no, I wasn't angry. I was just extremely disappointed, that's all. (when I'm angry, I am extremely rude & do not mind my language)

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:19 AM
PetFinder Buddy

balqis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to balqis

cis....aku nak tangkap owner kedai tu aku nak wat kat dia mcmana dia wat kat haiwan haiwn semua.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Justice4pets, the problem is that there are many ppl who choose to ignore the fact & good advice by some simply bcoz they can get their pet cheaper from this pet shops or breeders, but then we shud not stop advising the public about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justice4pets View Post
Hi Blackie007,

Try not to be angered! This could well be someone 'related' to those unethical breeders and pet shop owners!

I know for sure two pet shops (Super Pets & City Pets) are pron to this type of language, especially City Pet!

Infact, City Pet is well known for selling sick pets to customers and claim that the pet was 'fine' until the customer brought them home. Pet owners around the Kulai area where City Pet is located is afraid of going to that pet shop as City Pet also helps their customers to 'dispose' of their pets by giving them an injection to 'help' the pet from pet fever. Then later tell the customer that the pet died because of pet fever due to the mistreatment of the pet by the owner and nothing to do with the injection which they gave. Even though the pet had been 'vaccinated', please be aware that this 'vaccination' is actually done by the shop owner himself. They also do not tell the customer that the pet has not seen the vet and they also do not show you the vaccination card which comes along with the pet. Other important documents that should accompany the pet is also not availble when you get the pet but months later and sometimes they do not even give it to their customers.

If there are any other similar stories please let me know as well.
Ps: Lots of people have already been cheated by them so please be warned!

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 08-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

i agree with you there..... however, just letting people know about un-ethical breeders/petshops will not really solve the issue permanently....

from my experience, alot of people still believe/trust in petshops because of they think/believe that petshops should be more knowledgeable then us (we ppl who are trying to educate the general public about animal issues) because it is their trade....

however, emphasis should also be placed in educating the general public about animals, what is the definition of breeds, the problems that will occur when breeders simply breed, etc...

By educating the parents/older generation about these things, i think it will be more effective.... this is because there is a portion of buyers of these animals that are pressured to buy by their children.... and these parents will choose the cutest and cheapest dog/cat to buy.... so if the parents are educated, then they would get a better understanding when buying an animal.

Last edited by khengteik; 08-10-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Well said, Kheng Teik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post
i agree with you there..... however, just letting people know about un-ethical breeders/petshops will not really solve the issue permanently....

from my experience, alot of people still believe/trust in petshops because of they think/believe that petshops should be more knowledgeable then us (we ppl who are trying to educate the general public about animal issues) because it is their trade....

however, emphasis should also be placed in educating the general public about animals, what is the definition of breeds, the problems that will occur when breeders simply breed, etc...

By educating the parents/older generation about these things, i think it will be more effective.... this is because there is a portion of buyers of these animals that are pressured to buy by their children.... and these parents will choose the cutest and cheapest dog/cat to buy.... so if the parents are educated, then they would get a better understanding when buying an animal.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by balqis View Post
cis....aku nak tangkap owner kedai tu aku nak wat kat dia mcmana dia wat kat haiwan haiwn semua.
Pastu, Qis, hang kembirikan dia, kalo dia resist, PTS ajer ....
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 08-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post

Hi Kheng Teik,

I agree with you to a certain extend! However, by educating the parents is not enough, since the root of the problem which you have mentioned is the children.

Thus a suggestion here and not sure if this is fessible in Malaysia. How about asking SPCA or some vounteer group to go around the various schools to educate the children
on owning pets and showing them pics of abused and mistreated animals so that these children will hopefully realise their 'selfish' actions of buying cute pets on the whimp will cause great harm to the pets if not taken care of properly.

I am open to other suggestions and am looking into this myself. Anyone here who would like to lend a hand or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

hmm.....

I think you didn't notice my previous postings (few months back) regarding this issue..... I've stated clearly that just by educating the children is not enough.... Yes, SPCA arguably did go to schools, kindergardens and such to educate the children there.... My argument at that point of time was not to stop educating the children.... but to put more emphasis in educating the adults. I've never actually heard or seen any information about workshops or forums that are for the adults. All SPCA is doing is educating the children only.. As i've pointed out last time, you educate the kids..... but at the end of the day, when they go home, their parents are doing the exact opposite of what is being thought/told/explained to them.. so whats the point there of educating the children? many forummers have given their opinion as well as experiences in this issue.... However, SPCA Volunteers keeps on saying that it is hard to educate the adults, its a waste of time, etc etc.... giving excuses one after another...... But at the end of the day look what is happening at P.ketam.... and what is SPCA doing there? trying to educate the adults there..... why do it now when at the point of time when i suggested doing it, i was told off by SPCA Volunteers?

At that point of time, if everyone would be more open minded and maybe discuss on ways and means to educate the adults/general public, I'm sure there would be alot of positive feedbacks/suggestions.... Which all could be utilized by SPCA....
Old 08-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Animal Lover

Hi Kheng Teik,

Apologies but I only joined end of July this year so did not read your previous post on this issue!

Then, yes in that case I totally agree with you. As for SPCA doing anything in the first place, from my experience, when I wanted to lodge a complain to the local Haiwan or something with regards to a pet shop the representative actually persuaded me not to do so! So can you image that? He was actually protecting the pet shop owner! He told me that should I do anything about it nothing will come out of it and in the end I will suffer!

However, coming to this forum, I'm all the more determine to do what I should have done earlier!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Hi, Khengteik, nice to hear from you, my adult awareness education supporter friend .... ya lor, saya pun kena tempeling like mad by those "you-know-who-who" who by now should be eating humble pie at Pulau Ketam ..... aiyohhh, how those poor, poor PK dogs suffered because of this stubborn resistance to change!!!

I got so tired of telling the "sudah basi" story of how my neighour's kids came home from the padang after playing in the playground with some newborn kittens who eyes pun belum buka thrown in the garbage heap like some rubbish and they rescued the poor kittens afraid that roaming stray dogs looking for food there at night will eat them up.

So together with the maid, they took good care of the kittens, putting them in a clean box line with a nice warm fluffy towel, and fed them, sayang-sayang and stroking them, feeling absolutely proud of themselves, thinking they had done a very good deed. Malaysia boleh, ma!

In an about turn, later in the evening, the parents returned from work. Hah! They scolded the kids right and left for doing what they termed a "stuuuuuuupid" thing that they say no one else would do! They then drove off in the car at night and left the box of poor screaming kittens along some roadside in the midst of heavy rain! No prizes for guessing what happened to them ... and no, SPCA did not appear like magic to scoop them up .....

Justice4pets, that is the output and outcome of pure children education minus adult education for you ....

Anyway, Khengteik, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and her team is doing precisely what we talk about at http://www.myanimalcare.org/search/label/About%20AnimalCare" : TNR intead of killing healthy animals and Adult Awareness Education in the community.

They put the successful Singapore Bukit Merah Projek report on their website for all to read ... like the successful Hong Kong SPCA activities I mentioned and what other modern, humane non-kill SPCA shelters around the world are doing instead of kill-kill-kill but still cannot bring down the strays population (but those SPCA kuncus belted basketful rotten tomatoes and eggs at us) ... in hindsight, hahahhahhaaaaaaa !!!! (but with a deep sadness in the heart for the animals because at the end of the day, they are the ones suffering)

Khengteik, for the animals, our spirits are beaten (even by "you-know-who-who-hypocrites") but not crushed, we are down but not out ......
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 08-18-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:24 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Furkid long time no heard your news about PK? where is FFF news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Hi, Khengteik, nice to hear from you, my adult awareness education supporter friend .... ya lor, saya pun kena tempeling like mad by those "you-know-who-who" who by now should be eating humble pie at Pulau Ketam ..... aiyohhh, how those poor, poor PK dogs suffered because of this stubborn resistance to change!!!

I got so tired of telling the "sudah basi" story of how my neighour's kids came home from the padang after playing in the playground with some newborn kittens who eyes pun belum buka thrown in the garbage heap like some rubbish and they rescued the poor kittens afraid that roaming stray dogs looking for food there at night will eat them up.

So together with the maid, they took good care of the kittens, putting them in a clean box line with a nice warm fluffy towel, and fed them, sayang-sayang and stroking them, feeling absolutely proud of themselves, thinking they had done a very good deed. Malaysia boleh, ma!

In an about turn, later in the evening, the parents returned from work. Hah! They scolded the kids right and left for doing what they termed a "stuuuuuuupid" thing that they say no one else would do! They then drove off in the car at night and left the box of poor screaming kittens along some roadside in the midst of heavy rain! No prizes for guessing what happened to them ... and no, SPCA did not appear like magic to scoop them up .....

Justice4pets, that is the output and outcome of pure children education minus adult education for you ....

Anyway, Khengteik, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and her team is doing precisely what we talk about at http://www.myanimalcare.org/search/label/About%20AnimalCare" : TNR intead of killing healthy animals and Adult Awareness Education in the community.

They put the successful Singapore Bukit Merah Projek report on their website for all to read ... like the successful Hong Kong SPCA activities I mentioned and what other modern, humane non-kill SPCA shelters around the world are doing instead of kill-kill-kill but still cannot bring down the strays population (but those SPCA kuncus belted basketful rotten tomatoes and eggs at us) ... in hindsight, hahahhahhaaaaaaa !!!! (but with a deep sadness in the heart for the animals because at the end of the day, they are the ones suffering)

Khengteik, for the animals, our spirits are beaten (even by "you-know-who-who-hypocrites") but not crushed, we are down but not out ......

Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Furkid long time no heard your news about PK? where is FFF news?
Hahahahahaaaa!!!! DIMB ..... elephant fight elephant, the kancil mati oledi lerrrr ......
Old 09-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Animal Lover

Toki is on a distinguished road

Hii, just wondering...
If petshop not look after well they pets to sale or vaccine or clean them, they will lost they money too rite ?

I agree, sometimes all depend with the consumer, buy cheap2 pets but sick or buy more price but healthy..???

all matters depend on the people who like to keep pets, NEED TO EDUCATED THEM SELF WHAT PURPOSE TO BUY PETS, YOU LOVE THEM YOU LEARN ABOUT THEM...

DONT BUY BECAUSE THE PRETTY OR THE CHEAP OF PETS, BUT LEARN HOW THEY WILL SUITE YOUR LIFE AND YOUR FAMILY.

SOMETIME ALSO TOUGH ONE TO GET FROM SHELTERED AS YOU DONT KNOW THE BEHAVIOR BACKGROUND OF PETS ( specially for dogs ).

I dont think you can control any issue about pathetic people who making bussiness with livestock, when anything come into money, room become silent..
Old 09-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Animal Lover

ilana is on a distinguished road

oh my after reading all this then i started to realize..its soo true.this is like a wake up call for me..my god.i never had any problems picking up cats from anywhere as i love animals dearly no matter what breed they are..but my mother is quite picky about picking up cats..she only wanted some pure breeds that is pretty with long fur and everything and mostly we have to buy it at the shops rite....i remembered keeping a domestic kittens a few times..when i went back to campus she quietly put them away at the pasar area..she didnt tell me but silently i know..i hope i could change this kind of mentality..at first i wanted to buy a kitten from the shop but then to think of it..i dont have to right..i can just adopt them..so today i went to the SPCA in ampang jaya..rushed there through traffic jam and made it 30mins b4 it closes..fuihh..and checked up the cats..decided to adopt after raya.. cant wait..i dont care if they don like if its just a local cat..i'll take care of it till it becum gemok sangat then they will know..
Old 10-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Cat-ptain Da Black Purrl

~Cat Sparrow~ is on a distinguished road

i'm backkk...
hahahahahahaha...
prepare to fight....
hahahahahahha...

Let's go swimming...~~~~~~

Master All da Sea.Malaysia.Singapore.Austria.Burma.Colombia.India.I ndonesia.Sri Langka.Hawaii.LA.Hong Kong.China.US.Kaherah.Mesir.Jordan.Australia.Sudan .Arab Saudi.Peru.Bangladesh.Thailand.Pakistan.Congo.Pale stin
Old 10-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Gentle Giant

I guess a shit is always a shit

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 11-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Gentle Giant

I guess the true color of some BYB pretending to be some cat lover is beginning to show. This is something we had been trying to tell other to watch out for but sometime ppl choose not to know, but nevertheless it is never too late.

In fact it surprised me a bit as to how far & long this person was allowed to mislead other. Giving cock & bull reason for explanation of his sick looking kittens, continuously claiming his kittens to be some pedigree breed when it is bred from a non paper cat. Wake up ppl, don’t let this arrogant person mock your intelligent. I can imagine every night when he goes back & laugh over your stupidity in believing him. I’m glad to see that finally some ppl are willing to stand up against this type of breeder today, something we shud all be doing all this time.