Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Yes, June, I think you know who I'm referring to. Will those people who have bought their pets from this animal rescuer cum BYB please come forward.

as for this animal shelter cum petshop cum opportunist, it is not my personal experience to share. this story was told by one of her volunteers at the animal shelter.....(would this person please come out and share what you know).

if you know of any certified breeder working with BYB, then please share what you know.

it is time for the truth, no more hypocrisy. we need this forum to be a clean, healthy ground of sincere, genuine, animal lovers. no one should object to this, right? if they do, then i wonder what they are hiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
This 'she' you mentioned here, I think I know her.

Who is this animal shelter cum petshop cum opportunist?? I think forumers must be inform abt them also.

One more need to be expose is certified breeder working with BYB.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Cayang Kucing

farahnm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to farahnm
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Sorry for interrupting,
Frankly to say that I dont hv much knowledge who is BYB, who is manipulating the animal, and who is the opportunist here.
I think would be good if brothers and sisters here tell all the forumers here their shop's name so every body will be aware and let these unethical people know people hate of their wrong doings.
More better is cud come with the list, complete with the address.

Thank you
Old 06-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Human :-)

prinz38i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to prinz38i

Hi all,

Let me just pass by

I think we should also differentiate between all kind of ppl in the earlier post in this thread with fosterer or rescuer. . I think this is important so that BYB will not hide behind Fosterer/Rescuer label to do their activities and also for extra info for new comers and all of us. Sometime rescuer/fosterer request some fund from the adopter/rescuer/owner. For example is me my self, I would request some fund as below, but yes it will be negotiable and up to their 'sincererity':-

For Owner/Rescuer that want me to foster their cat/kittens:-
I will request some fund for general health checkup that I usually do to kittens/cat that they want me to foster.
If they come in family(mother cat and kittens) I will request health checkup for kittens, and spay cost for the mother or I will request the owner/rescuer to collect back the mother once the kittens no more nursing.
Normally if they sincerely ask for help, they wont mind to put some fund.

For adopters:-
I will request some fund for vaccination if the cat/kittens already vaccinated
and also fund for spay/neuter if the cat/kittens already neutered/spayed.
If no vaccination nor neutering done, then I will give them for FOC(but with condition the adopters promise to neuter them)
Normally I will followup their condition till one time that I think they really in good condition.

Please let me know if my action is wrong.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Hi!! Ramzee,

No you are not wrong asking for fund in this matter.Otherwise people will take you for granted and you place become dumping ground for unwanted cats/kittens.

Farah,who ever have experience with BYB or other misconduct afraid to come out with the actual story for the reason I also don't know. If you ask me,I'll expose them for the sake of our forumer here. But I don't have personal experience with them. Only from kawan2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinz38i View Post
Hi all,

Let me just pass by

I think we should also differentiate between all kind of ppl in the earlier post in this thread with fosterer or rescuer. . I think this is important so that BYB will not hide behind Fosterer/Rescuer label to do their activities and also for extra info for new comers and all of us. Sometime rescuer/fosterer request some fund from the adopter/rescuer/owner. For example is me my self, I would request some fund as below, but yes it will be negotiable and up to their 'sincererity':-

I will request some fund for general health checkup that I usually do to kittens/cat that they want me to foster.
If they come in family(mother cat and kittens) I will request health checkup for kittens, and spay cost for the mother or I will request the owner/rescuer to collect back the mother once the kittens no more nursing.

If no vaccination nor neutering done, then I will give them for FOC(but with condition the adopters promise to neuter them)
Normally I will followup their condition till one time that I think they really in good condition.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Petfinder Moderator

prinz38i, personally, I don't think what you are doing is wrong. When I asked someone if I could rescue a kitten and place it in their home, I offered to pay for the kitten's monthly expenses like food, litter and any vet bills.

I think this is only fair, since the fosterer has to do the "dirty" work like cleaning the litter box, grooming it, bathing it and taking it to the vet when necessary.

please don't get me wrong. this is not a witch-hunt, nor is it an attack on anybody.

this is just me trying to find the truth, for what it's worth. there have been too many stories floating around, and all I want to do is find out whether the stories are true, or whether those stories are just character assassignations.

so to those people who go around telling others about these stories, this is your chance to come out and tell it publicly. Unless......your story wasn't true???

if you guys continue to keep quiet after this, I shall take it that you guys were just telling lies for reasons known only to yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinz38i View Post
Hi all,

Let me just pass by

Thank you, farah. we hope they will tell the truth here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farahnm View Post
Sorry for interrupting,
Frankly to say that I dont hv much knowledge who is BYB, who is manipulating the animal, and who is the opportunist here.
I think would be good if brothers and sisters here tell all the forumers here their shop's name so every body will be aware and let these unethical people know people hate of their wrong doings.
More better is cud come with the list, complete with the address.

Thank you
Old 06-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Human :-)

prinz38i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to prinz38i

thank you..
Old 06-11-2009, 03:55 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Yes, June, I think you know who I'm referring to. Will those people who have bought their pets from this animal rescuer cum BYB please come forward.

as for this animal shelter cum petshop cum opportunist, it is not my personal experience to share. this story was told by one of her volunteers at the animal shelter.....(would this person please come out and share what you know).

if you know of any certified breeder working with BYB, then please share what you know.

it is time for the truth, no more hypocrisy. we need this forum to be a clean, healthy ground of sincere, genuine, animal lovers. no one should object to this, right? if they do, then i wonder what they are hiding.
Hi Blackie,

I do agree with what you said. Since you know who these people are why don't you be kind enough to share it with us so that we will be aware of these people.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 06-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Been very busy the last few days entertaining my guests from outstation was shock to see how much action I missed here.

Firstly I like to point out to Pakcu that I don’t see anything racist here & please don’t further mock our intelligence, we know what you are trying to do. What I don’t understand is since when Pakcu had the right to subcontract a spay/ neuter job entrusted to him & to make thing worst he don’t even know if his friend is a certified vet, with a big question mark. Probably Pakcu shud tell us what does he think of his friend Imadi now. The same shud goes to everyone for the sake of the animals shud not protect this unethical breeders & pet shops just bcoz they are their friends & close their eyes to the abuse of the animals by them.

Secondly I wud like to make some correction here as I believe many don’t know there is no such thing as certified breeder but only registered cattery name breeder. Since no registry does monitor breeders ethic & no register cattery name breeders need to graduate to be one.

I believe at least 80-90 over percent registered breeders in this country are BYB or kitty mill. There is no such thing as registered cattery breeders are automatically ethical breeder, so.. you see these breeders can also be BYB or kitty mill. I can give you an example that the 2 cat clubs in the country or rather only 1 now have many of their members who are truly BYB or kitty mill. I’m still very shock when I talk to most of the members of 1 of the oldest cat club in Malaysia (MCC) who don’t quite believe in spay/neuter & majority of them are BYB, whether some of you like it or not this is my honest opinion & it is the fact. I hope the very new generation of this club will reverse this very ill thinking & bring back grace & not disgrace to the cat club. So!! bear in mind the so call certified breeders can always be a BYB or kitty mill.

There are so many so call reputable breeders in this country who are actually BYB or kitty mill, it’s not hard to identify them but yet many ppl here choose to support them & ignore the fact. Imadi Pet Shop is 1 for sure & so is Trendy Pet Shop, cattery like Padipaddi as well as many others which I do not want to name all here. One of the worst things about them is not only how unethical their breeding is but also how they encourage more pet owners to be BYB. A lot of you know who Pakcu is & I will leave it to you all to tell us his ethic

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Hi Felix,

You might want to ask June about this since she seems to know who this person is.

And I am trying to get this person to come out and share her story about the animal shelter cum pet shop cum opportunist.

If I know those things first hand, rest assured I'll share it with everyone here. But I am also trying to determine if it's just character assassignation or real facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Hi Blackie,

I do agree with what you said. Since you know who these people are why don't you be kind enough to share it with us so that we will be aware of these people.

Jimmy, thanks for sharing this valuable info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Been very busy the last few days entertaining my guests from outstation was shock to see how much action I missed here.

Firstly I like to point out to Pakcu that I don’t see anything racist here & please don’t further mock our intelligence, we know what you are trying to do. What I don’t understand is since when Pakcu had the right to subcontract a spay/ neuter job entrusted to him & to make thing worst he don’t even know if his friend is a certified vet, with a big question mark. Probably Pakcu shud tell us what does he think of his friend Imadi now. The same shud goes to everyone for the sake of the animals shud not protect this unethical breeders & pet shops just bcoz they are their friends & close their eyes to the abuse of the animals by them.

Secondly I wud like to make some correction here as I believe many don’t know there is no such thing as certified breeder but only registered cattery name breeder. Since no registry does monitor breeders ethic & no register cattery name breeders need to graduate to be one.

I believe at least 80-90 over percent registered breeders in this country are BYB or kitty mill. There is no such thing as registered cattery breeders are automatically ethical breeder, so.. you see these breeders can also be BYB or kitty mill. I can give you an example that the 2 cat clubs in the country or rather only 1 now have many of their members who are truly BYB or kitty mill. I’m still very shock when I talk to most of the members of 1 of the oldest cat club in Malaysia (MCC) who don’t quite believe in spay/neuter & majority of them are BYB, whether some of you like it or not this is my honest opinion & it is the fact. I hope the very new generation of this club will reverse this very ill thinking & bring back grace & not disgrace to the cat club. So!! bear in mind the so call certified breeders can always be a BYB or kitty mill.

There are so many so call reputable breeders in this country who are actually BYB or kitty mill, it’s not hard to identify them but yet many ppl here choose to support them & ignore the fact. Imadi Pet Shop is 1 for sure & so is Trendy Pet Shop, cattery like Padipaddi as well as many others which I do not want to name all here. One of the worst things about them is not only how unethical their breeding is but also how they encourage more pet owners to be BYB. A lot of you know who Pakcu is & I will leave it to you all to tell us his ethic
Old 06-11-2009, 04:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

One thing I really really really (yes, many "reallys") like about Blackie is her investigative nature, she never points, blame or tries to drag someone out into the limelight. She checks out the facts and try to warn as many friends as possible.

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 06-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

adeh la.. tak kisah lah BYB ke certified breeder ke.. yg penting kucing di bawah jagaan tu sihat.. apa lagi nak???

satu lagi....

"hey.. .itu duit aku... ikut suka hati aku la nak beli apa pun.. hantta nak beli bulu kucing sekalipon... knp? awak bank in duit kat saya ke nak guna bli barang??"...

**lariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... sebab aku nampak ada org dah acu senapang patah... hahahaha
Old 06-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Pet Epicurean

aliciahorsley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Alicia,
Thanks for came to this thread, as you doing pet shop business, what do you think those puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop.
can you feel this type pet shop can sell the pet supplies lower down as much as can from retail price? You know why, they can cover the cost by selling pet. Those customer happy order from this type pet shop. But they still dont know, it is support to Backyard breeder. They should stop buying from this pet shop.
i never really thought about why some shops can really undercut on prices... guess you just explained that one! i feel rather naive for not realising before.

but at the same time, people want to pay less for stuff and i cannot really blame them. i would be very very tempted too. sometimes, ethics and one's wallet have conflicting priorities.

on a related note, as a pet shop owner, i've been offered kittens and puppies for re-sale at my shop for very very cheap prices. i'm talking like rm200 per animal, which i was then advised to sell for rm800 'per piece' (hate that expression!). that is a very tidy (and alluring) profit...
Our pets eat PINK raw food
Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemonk View Post
adeh la.. tak kisah lah BYB ke certified breeder ke.. yg penting kucing di bawah jagaan tu sihat.. apa lagi nak???

satu lagi....

"hey.. .itu duit aku... ikut suka hati aku la nak beli apa pun.. hantta nak beli bulu kucing sekalipon... knp? awak bank in duit kat saya ke nak guna bli barang??"...

**lariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... sebab aku nampak ada org dah acu senapang patah... hahahaha
Tak agree Chemonk. Macam mana you boleh katakan kucing di bawah jagaan mereka tu sihat kalo letak dalam cage yang kecik dan kotor? Macam mana you boleh kata sihat kalo bulu tak di sikat, tak di mandi, dan di suruh beranak pinak setiap masa?!

Memang suka hati kita nak beli apa sebab tu duit kita tapi pernah ke awak fikirkan keadaan dan kesihatan kucing tu? Dalam hal nie kita bukan cakap pasal ada duit ke tak tapi hal ehwal kucing atau pun binatang binatang lain tu. Sebagai animal lover we think of the animals rights not our MONEY and what we can do with our MONEY.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

adei... saya ckp kucing bawah jagaan kita lerr... kita pandai jaga.. kucing sehat.. tak perlu hantar gi klinik bagai... ok tak? hiks...

bukan ckp pasal kucing dlm sangkar kecik.. tu dah sah sah la kejam.. patuty di sula je org yg buat cam tuh... hahahahah.. apa apa pun...

ari wiken lepas.. saya turun kl.. jumpa sorg abg ni bawak kucing dlm beg.. nampak mcm org2 senang.. sebab tgk kucing lawa... tiba-tiba ada sorg adik kecik pakai tudung mintak sedekah... dia boleh halau mcm tu je...

itu lah yg saya maksud kan dgn....

"duit saya... saya boleh buat apa yg saya suka"

tapi tulah... jaga kucing bukan main nak rak... sesama manusia.. nak kasik derma 2-3 inggit pun.... mak aiiiiii.....

eh.. kenapa tetiba bukak citer mcm ni plak... hahahahahahah**matilaaku..
Old 06-11-2009, 06:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

rozzygee is on a distinguished road

Quote:

tapi tulah... jaga kucing bukan main nak rak... sesama manusia.. nak kasik derma 2-3 inggit pun.... mak aiiiiii.....

iskk pedass! pedass!..
Old 06-11-2009, 07:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

satu lagi....

Chemonk, chemonk, I am shocked with your statement.

We should be advocating love & responsibility towards animals, not putting a price tag on them, making them sound so disposable.

Felix, thanks for standing up for all animals in the planet!

sillylupie-shop
Old 06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
ari wiken lepas.. saya turun kl.. jumpa sorg abg ni bawak kucing dlm beg.. nampak mcm org2 senang.. sebab tgk kucing lawa... tiba-tiba ada sorg adik kecik pakai tudung mintak sedekah... dia boleh halau mcm tu je...

In KL there are syndicates that make fortune out of homeless children (sometimes abuse them, beat them up to look pitiful).

Now tell me, what did you do when you saw the little girl being turned away? Did you try to approach and find out more about her life, family members? OR, did you just simply walk away and ignore it all?

Well, if you did, you are just like the man with the cat.

If you handed her some Ringgits without knowing her story, you could be supporting a despicable syndicate.
(Just like buying a pet from a BYB ..)

sillylupie-shop
Old 06-11-2009, 07:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
adei... saya ckp kucing bawah jagaan kita lerr... kita pandai jaga.. kucing sehat.. tak perlu hantar gi klinik bagai... ok tak? hiks...

bukan ckp pasal kucing dlm sangkar kecik.. tu dah sah sah la kejam.. patuty di sula je org yg buat cam tuh... hahahahah.. apa apa pun...

Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who bought a cat from BYB that is healthy. What about others who bought sickly cats from BYB but have not come forward? I know for a fact that one of the forumers did buy a cat from a BYB and that cat died because of illness. And what did the BYB do? He just 'CUCI TANGAN'. Not all cats from BYB will be healthy as I said like you could be one of the lucky ones. E.g. Factory manufactoring goods.... maybe 1 out of the hundreds of items produced is faulty so its exactly the same like BYB. We don't know what sort of dieseases that the parents have or carry and it could be hedietary passed on to their kittens.

Memang betul apa you kata.... jaga kucing tu bukan sebab nak dan comel atau nak sebab jiran atau kawan pun ada. Lepas tak comel atau bunting terus buang. Having a pet is a life time commitment.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Well said, Felix and Lupie!!

Felix, thank you for speaking out for the voiceless animals.

People don't seem to understand what the pets' life is like in a BYB home or kitten mill. I am shocked. I know I was ignorant before, never knew what it's all about, but once the animal rescuers and animal lovers raised this subject, I did my own research, taking the trouble to open my eyes and look around, and finally understood what BYB or kitten mill is really about.

Guys, please have a heart for the voiceless animals.

Lupie, thanks for highlighting the case of those "homeless children" syndicates. There's another syndicate, too --- using old women & men. You might catch them being dropped off by Mercedes at coffeeshops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who bought a cat from BYB that is healthy. What about others who bought sickly cats from BYB but have not come forward? I know for a fact that one of the forumers did buy a cat from a BYB and that cat died because of illness. And what did the BYB do? He just 'CUCI TANGAN'. Not all cats from BYB will be healthy as I said like you could be one of the lucky ones. E.g. Factory manufactoring goods.... maybe 1 out of the hundreds of items produced is faulty so its exactly the same like BYB. We don't know what sort of dieseases that the parents have or carry and it could be hedietary passed on to their kittens.

Memang betul apa you kata.... jaga kucing tu bukan sebab nak dan comel atau nak sebab jiran atau kawan pun ada. Lepas tak comel atau bunting terus buang. Having a pet is a life time commitment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
In KL there are syndicates that make fortune out of homeless children (sometimes abuse them, beat them up to look pitiful).

Now tell me, what did you do when you saw the little girl being turned away? Did you try to approach and find out more about her life, family members? OR, did you just simply walk away and ignore it all?

Well, if you did, you are just like the man with the cat.

If you handed her some Ringgits without knowing her story, you could be supporting a despicable syndicate.
(Just like buying a pet from a BYB ..)

Last edited by blackie007; 06-11-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Well said, Felix and Lupie!!

Felix, thank you for speaking out for the voiceless animals.

People don't seem to understand what the pets' life is like in a BYB home or kitten mill. I am shocked. I know I was ignorant before, never knew what it's all about, but once the animal rescuers and animal lovers raised this subject, I did my own research, taking the trouble to open my eyes and look around, and finally understood what BYB or kitten mill is really about.

Guys, please have a heart for the voiceless animals.

Lupie, thanks for highlighting the case of those "homeless children" syndicates. There's another syndicate, too --- using old women & men. You might catch them being dropped off by Mercedes at coffeeshops.
Blackie, I was ignorant too about BYB before until I read about it in the forum and saw the documentary that Oprah did on Kitten and puppy mills. The documentary really brought tears to my eyes. Some of the animals never even step on the ground let alone feel grass on their feet. All they know is the four walls of their tiny cages. All cages are stack upon each other. They don't even have proper litter pans. They lie in their poo poo and wee wee. It was really heart sickening to watch it. The puppies and kittens sent to the petshops are groomed nicely and made to look cute and adorable to attract buyers whilst their mum and dads are rotting in their cage. Its a disgrace.