Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Animal Organizations & Societies

Old 12-17-2008, 06:19 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: No-kill shelter

Hi there,
Thank you for more discuss about independent pet rescuers. 'Doesn't a no kill shelter have to kill when all the cages are full? No-kill requires a collaboration between public and independent pet rescuers.
you can see my donation by public http://www.onboardsign.net/ROCRICRUS-FOUNDATION.php until no 4. That is the respond by public at the moment.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:50 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Dongdong86 is on a distinguished road

DIMB, if you approve, i can extend this foundation to chinese forum. but how can i collect and deliver food to you?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:07 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Dong,
as we do not have a central office or shelter. You can mail your donation to the email address listed at contact us. We'll be sure process contact you and independence cat/dog rescue group. The independent pet group need write email the detail and picture to us. We not donate to personal pet rescuers. The review will do by few people before we agree give away to them. Sometime people would like give the goods away without waiting, we dont have choice, need accept and keep the goods first.
at Penang state i able go collect the donated by someone, also get help by Jscott.
at KL we need you help for it.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 12-17-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:52 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Dongdong86 is on a distinguished road

Yes that is good. So can i ask Vivian to help me? what is Vivian's ID in here?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Hi there,
Thank you for more discuss about independent pet rescuers. 'Doesn't a no kill shelter have to kill when all the cages are full? No-kill requires a collaboration between public and independent pet rescuers.
you can see my donation by public http://www.onboardsign.net/ROCRICRUS-FOUNDATION.php until no 4. That is the respond by public at the moment.
Oh yes, DIMB, some no-kill shelters are actually kill-shelters too. But I think what distraughts some people is the fact that they are not told upfront and accurately what is going to happen to the rescued animals they bring in. According to some testimonials, these people say that they would have looked at other options if only they know the truth. But they had been assured that the animals would be kept for 1 week or so.

Very sad lehhhh ... because some of these people actually went back to retrieve the animals (some even just one or two days later) and were told that the animals had been killed already.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 12-18-2008, 09:31 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Dong,
She here, using Vivian name.
Furkid,
That why we do review before give to them.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Furkid, That why we do review before give to them.
Yes, you and I yang peka ada buat ... tapi the general public or man on the street tak tahu ... almost 10 out of 10 of them expressed big surprise when we reply to their Q why we do not just take the pups or kitties to SPCA and PAWS. "Kan senang?" they always say.

The other day, ada one mat salleh woman who saw us feeding our neutered strays on the street tanya, why don't you just send them to SPCA? I looked at her, and said "Because hardly anyone wants to adopt a DSH, SPCA already has tons in there and more than 90% simply killed for lack of space and funds every single week."

After that dia pun turut kitorang kasi makan every day and sponsored several for TNR.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 12-19-2008, 04:14 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 12-21-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:06 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Default First Donation to No-kill shelter. to who want donate, close date 10/Feb/09

Rocricrus fundation decide for first donation to SPCA Seberang Perai. You can visit at http://www.spca-sbgperai.org.my/?page_id=2

to who interest want do donate and support No-kill shelter. Your name will place at http://www.onboardsign.net/ROCRICRUS-FOUNDATION.php

Close date 10/Feb/08
all the donation items plaese send to me before 15/Fed/2008.

Myself donated 1 bag chew bones, 3 piece treat kibbles, 1 dog toy, 1 Harness leashes, 3 dog shampoo, 3 Medium Collar.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:48 PM
PetFinder Buddy

moggies is on a distinguished road

why give spca penang? i thought you said you are helping no-kill shelter? spca is definitely not a no-kill shelter. i
pls correct me if i'm wrong.

www.moggiesplace.blogspot.com
Old 09-18-2009, 02:59 PM
PetFinder Buddy

JScott is on a distinguished road

Moggies: SPCA Seberang Perai is a no kill shelter, that's the only SPCA here with that policy.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

tracyvoice is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=FurKids;23957]

Furkids,
Who are you to defame SPCA kill 90% animals ? My freind told me her white dog that was boarded in FFF, was put down as per the founder advice . Reason being it was difficult to rehome the dog as it was fierce. We were appalled by her proposal as the dog was neutered, vacinnated by giving a clean bill of health.

Many dogs died in the old FFF farm due to outbreak of virus and no separation between the sick and healthy nor sent them to the vet for immediate vaccination. Many innocent dogs died and were buried under ground in the old farm. So, don't you think indirectly FFF is a killed shelter too ?

Recently , FFF founder bought a piece of land in Sri Kundang by using the public donation (mainly from overseas) that was meant to help the Ketam strays. Now FFF has a new neautiful farm on the new piece of land. Make a trip to P.Ketam and open your two evil eyes widely , there are still many stray dogs in P.Ketam. SPCA has conducted TWO mass neutering program for Ketam strays.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScott View Post
Moggies: SPCA Seberang Perai is a no kill shelter, that's the only SPCA here with that policy.
Datuk, the president told me they do... but i better not elaborate... dah penat cakap benda yang sama all over again...

Ada sesiapa yang berminat nak tinggalkan alamat dan talipon number untuk kita channelkan binatang terbuang ini, sila postkan di Petfinder. Jadi kami di SPCA boleh tolong hantarkan ke rumah yang berkenaan agar binatang semua terselamat dari kekejaman yang anda semua GEMBAR GEMBURKAN...

Sekian terima kasih... wassalam mualaikum warah matullah hiwabarakatuh... dan salam sejahtera...

Amin yarabbi a'lamin... alamdulillah moga TUHAN mununjukkan umatnya jalan yang sebenar benarnya untuk menolong mahkluk mahkluk ciptaanNYA...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...