Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Pakcu,this is from my past experience.

Case 1
A girl name Diya adopted 2 male kittens from me. She came with cat food for my cats. She has 1 female kitten at home. 3 days later she called me and wanted to return the 2 male kittens. I asked her why?? She said her female kitten didn't get along with the new kittens. I told her to give them a week. Give her tips on how to make the 3 kittens become friends and tips on to raise cats. She agree. 1 week later she called and she will keep the 2 male kittens.The 3 kitties get along together and even sleep together I'm was so happy to hear that. She updated me once a month until they reached 8 mths old.After that we lost touch. But I'm sure they are ok because she got married after that. By the way,she live in Subang Jaya.

Case 2
A guy name Halim and his wife from Puchong email me to adopt Naga (male kitten) after saw his pic in the forum. We communicate via phone and email. He came and view Naga.Fall in love instantly. He asked me how much I want to charge him. I said is free.As long as he and his wife take good of Naga,I'm happy already. They brought me a bag of cat food for Naga's mother. Actually Halim wants Kecik also so that Naga not alone but I cannot let go Kecik because Kecik is mum's favourite. Halim email me updating abt Naga. Finally he found partner for Naga from one of the rescuer in Selayang. We keep in touch for few months until I accidentally deleted his email containing his phone number. So we lost touch. From what I gather,before we lost touch,Naga and partner are doing fine and very naughty climbing here and there.Wake Halim and his wife at 5am for breakfast.Very cute.

Case 3
A couple wants to adopt Letchumi a long hair stray.I told them they can collect Letchumi after I spay her. They disagree and asked me not to spay Letchumi.They want Letchumi to have baby (because Letchumi is long hair). I told them forget about it and I'm not going to give Letchumi to them.So Letchumi is still with me until now.

Case 4
My Superblack and the gang will have a new home soon.Their adoptive parents doesn't mind the fact all of them already neuter. They want to help me to rehome the kitties because DBKL will take them away due to complaints from my neighbour. I communicate with them via phone only.So we'll see how is the progress.

I have also come across many more pontential adopter in the process but I turn them down because they disagree when I said I must neuter the kitten/cat before giving them out for adoption.Neuter is in my top list before I give the cat away.
Yup June, I really salute you for what've you done. When you sets a neuter/spay condition before give them away, you not only lessen the problem of profits taking opportunist but also having peace of mind of the cats not having any stress and health related problems due to unneuter/spay.
Wish all of us will be like you..... Congrats June!!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Ok, so from June and Pakcu's views, these are not unreasonable demands:-

1) Exchange phone numbers and in your conversation, try to find out roughly where they live.

2) Neuter/spay them before giving them out for adoption
(I think the rescuer can ask the adopter to bear this cost and to pay for this upfront, get it done, and then hand over the cat/dog once it's recovered.....this is just in case the adopter has no experience in caring for a pet that has just recently been neutered/spayed....I think this is not unreasonable, but please correct me if I'm wrong.)

3) Tell the adopter that if they find the pet unsuitable for any reason, to please return them to the rescuer, no questions asked.
(I think this is a compulsory condition, to ensure that those pets are not thrown away if the adopters decided later they don't want the pets.)

And I would like to add:-
4) The adopter must come with a carrier or cage for transporting the pet....no boxes, please. They can't be serious if they don't even want to buy a carrier or cage. How do they plan to take the pet to a vet in future??? In a box??

Anymore suggestions, please?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:30 PM
PetFinder Guru

Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
sillylupie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bina, I never ask money from the adoptive parents. The only way for me to know they are genuine cat lovers is by pay a surprise visit. Just to chk how is the cat doing.Once a month.I'll do it twice only.Just to make sure the cat/kitten fit into the family and the family taking the trouble to make sure the cat/kitten comfortable with their new home. I also encourage the to call me if they see strange behaviour of the cat/kitten since I'm the one who raise these cat/kitten.

So far I don't have any problem with the adoptive parents visiting their cat/kitten. I think this is fair for both adoptive parents and the cat.
June, I truly admire what you are doing for the kittens and I have nothing against fees or visits, but, believe me, I've seen some really stringent rules for adopters. All I can say, at the end of the day it is all about sincerity, trust and all those mushy stuff.

I've been invited to visit Barley too and it is a nice feeling :). What I'm trying to say is, don't put it to the extent like, "I'll spot check on the kittens, so make sure you take care of them!" but rather, "It'll be nice if I can visit them..." ...

I always hold myself from pestering the adopter with sms or email or call, I'd normally wait for a week and then send them a little sms like "XXX a good boy? well-behaved, I hope?" ... and when they don't reply it worries the hell out of me .... :) but fortunately, all adopters were kind enough to call.

I agree 100% with June on neutering the kittens before letting them off to new adopters, or at least convince them to agree to neuter them!

Also, I normally prefers an adopter who is willing to "wait", rather than those who say, can I have him/her now????? Heheheeh ... just one of my silly ways... :)

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Old 01-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Petfinder Moderator

I think your method of asking the adopter to wait is a good idea, Bina.....at least, you know that it's not an impulse decision. If they still like your cat after waiting, then they really genuinely like your cat.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
June, I truly admire what you are doing for the kittens and I have nothing against fees or visits, but, believe me, I've seen some really stringent rules for adopters. All I can say, at the end of the day it is all about sincerity, trust and all those mushy stuff.

I've been invited to visit Barley too and it is a nice feeling :). What I'm trying to say is, don't put it to the extent like, "I'll spot check on the kittens, so make sure you take care of them!" but rather, "It'll be nice if I can visit them..." ...

I always hold myself from pestering the adopter with sms or email or call, I'd normally wait for a week and then send them a little sms like "XXX a good boy? well-behaved, I hope?" ... and when they don't reply it worries the hell out of me .... :) but fortunately, all adopters were kind enough to call.

I agree 100% with June on neutering the kittens before letting them off to new adopters, or at least convince them to agree to neuter them!

Also, I normally prefers an adopter who is willing to "wait", rather than those who say, can I have him/her now????? Heheheeh ... just one of my silly ways... :)
Old 01-18-2009, 11:42 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
I think your method of asking the adopter to wait is a good idea, Bina.....at least, you know that it's not an impulse decision. If they still like your cat after waiting, then they really genuinely like your cat.

Just my 2 cents.
Bank Negara Malaysia says no more 2 cents, it has to be at least 5 cents!

sillylupie-shop
Old 01-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Petfinder Moderator

muahahahhaha!!!! Sorry, I still have lots of 2 cents in my coin box!!

Quote:
Bank Negara Malaysia says no more 2 cents, it has to be at least 5 cents!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Meow

a.lya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
4) The adopter must come with a carrier or cage for transporting the pet....no boxes, please. They can't be serious if they don't even want to buy a carrier or cage. How do they plan to take the pet to a vet in future??? In a box??
Ugh. I tried adopting out a stray kitten before. No adoption fees whatsoever. A 'potential adopter' had the nerve to ask for a free cage. He even suggested that I should belanja him makan.

I have no idea what makes him think like I owe him something in return if he adopted Charlie. I didn't even know him.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.lya View Post
Ugh. I tried adopting out a stray kitten before. No adoption fees whatsoever. A 'potential adopter' had the nerve to ask for a free cage. He even suggested that I should belanja him makan.

I have no idea what makes him think like I owe him something in return if he adopted Charlie. I didn't even know him.
a.lya.. dont bother with guy like that... see.. obviously he want to take advantage on u... like this one pun still present on earth ka?? haiyaaaa... if me, i would rather take the cats to my village and let him/her grow wild in the rubber estate.. lots of trees to be climbed also..
Old 01-19-2009, 11:03 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:

Talking about potential adopter and free cage, I've heard from one too. Even had the nerve to ask if there'll be food! :( I politely said "NO" ... sigh ....

Agree with Blackie007, a pet carrier is a must! (though I did let one off without a pet carrier because the adopter looked really genuine, and kitten liked him too!)

sillylupie-shop
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road

hehehehehhe!! me too.Tried as much possible to restraint myself from calling or sms them.They are the one normally will call or sms me and I'm glad they did that.Just like youlah,I'll ask how are they,well behave or not etc. I'll be annoy to if people insist on visiting my adopted kittie. Instead, as you mentioned,we politely ask if they don't mind I visit the kitty once in a while.

Quote:

Old 01-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

blackie.. dont be so cruel lahh.. i want to adopt but only bring a box hehehe as i have not bought a carrier.. hehehe i promise i will eventually get one.. hehehehee... i get exception anot? ehehehe.

HAHAHA i understand i understand, jk. you guys are very cute, hehehehe.

June: to your spay and neuter, as an adopter wannabe (me) spayed and neutered should never be a "state" that the adopters have to agree as if the cats have FIV or some defects.. HEHEHE in my view, you should feel like you are doing them a GREAT favor.. i think so! cause if i were them then i dont have to go to klinik kembiri, think abt urine spraying.. wahhh like that very convenient! heheehe honestly wad. still lucky never charge.. you crazy! very nice arrangement wad.. if the stupid adopters think otherwise they can go park off.

just a bit of my view. *mwuaks*
Old 01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Mamiauww...

shareen_natasha is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to shareen_natasha
Angry Re: Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzalia View Post
mmg susah...
sangat2 susah..
ade yg x bleh sesuaikan dengan kucing sbb
kucing nakal..@ bising2...
then pulangkan balik..
tp masa nk ambik tuh...
janji berterabur gula2...
manis giler...

bila dah rasa x nk, kuar plak alasan masalah RM xde..
sibuk..kucing nakal..bla..bla....
masa nk ambik.. xfikir sume tuh!!!!!!!

1st man yg adopt chichi dulu...
cam tuh gk...
after a week, hantar chichi konon2 nk g kusus 5 hari..
dlm masa dia kusus mmg langsung x call tanye pasal dia..
i dah agak dah cam samting rong..
after 5 hari baru dia sms ckp dah x bleh nk jaga chichi..
ade masalah..
bila tanye masalah ape...
dia ckp masalah kewangan...
heran...knp dah bela baru kuar masalah kewangan??
patut b4 adopt tuh fikir masak2 tanggung jawab & kewangan cemane..??
tp masa dia nak adopt chichi awal2 dulu i dah ckp..
kalo x nk, JANGAN BUANG DIA KAT PASAR BORONG..
hantar balik..
x kisah...

tuh yg bleh kuar alasan nk g kusus tuh...ckp jek la terus terang x bleh nk jaga sebab papa kedana...apa susah???

sedeynyer..... bela kucin xcost banyak duit pun... kita bg la mkn yg kita mmpu... boley beli kt clinic kerajaan. tesco pun ader... huhuhuhu...cian chichi....
yang penting jgn la jual kucin yg dh kita adopted tuh... klau xmo jgn jual, pulangkan balik la kt tuan dia. ckp terus trang. kan dh jd wanted maaa........
Old 01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

my dear Chelly, neuter is on my top list because I saw many people didn't neuter their cats.when the cat got pregnant only then they realise it.i'm a regular at Klinik Kembiri and same old story repeated like broken record from the cat owner. sudah bunting baru busy busy mau neuter.I asked them how abt the kittens?? what are u going to do with them?? send to SPCA very convenient huh??

Is true. I'm doing them a greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat favour by neutering the cats/kittens. Act before is too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
blackie.. dont be so cruel lahh.. i want to adopt but only bring a box hehehe as i have not bought a carrier.. hehehe i promise i will eventually get one.. hehehehee... i get exception anot? ehehehe.

June: to your spay and neuter, as an adopter wannabe (me) spayed and neutered should never be a "state" that the adopters have to agree as if the cats have FIV or some defects.. HEHEHE in my view, you should feel like you are doing them a GREAT favor.. i think so! cause if i were them then i dont have to go to klinik kembiri, think abt urine spraying.. wahhh like that very convenient! heheehe honestly wad. still lucky never charge.. you crazy! very nice arrangement wad.. if the stupid adopters think otherwise they can go park off.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hahaha....ok, chelly, for you only...you can come with a box, but line the box with a thick, soft towel, ok?

You know, that is exactly what I meant earlier.....neuter and spay the cat & let it recover first before giving it to the adopter as a favour to the adopter.
New pet owners might not know how to care for recently spayed/neutered pets.

But if the rescuer is limited by budget constraints, I think this cost should be passed down to the adopter. After all, we must remember the rescuer has lots of furry mouths to feed, and I think it isn't unreasonable to ask the adopter to bear this cost.

That said, if the adopter is also an animal rescuer, which is sometimes the case, then, I think the one who can afford to pay for the neuter/spay should offer to bear the cost.

Quote:

Aiyoh....what are these people thinking? That they are doing you a favour by adopting these cats from you???? They expect free food and free cage??

Why not ask if you'll pay for their monthly food, litter, vet bills and what not?????

Quote:
Talking about potential adopter and free cage, I've heard from one too. Even had the nerve to ask if there'll be food! :( I politely said "NO" ... sigh ....

Agree with Blackie007, a pet carrier is a must! (though I did let one off without a pet carrier because the adopter looked really genuine, and kitten liked him too!)
Quote:

Old 01-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

I had cats & kitties for adoption every now & then, in most cases they are given for free but then it's not a must. I normally will spend some time talking to the adopter & work on my gut instinct on judging them. I might not be correct all the time but I always said to myself I rather be wrong then to be sorry later on.

There was once a couple of young guys came to my shop wanting to adopt this lovely red tabby boy & my wife was more then happy to give him to them for free. But my gut instinct said no & i told my wife to ask them for only RM50.00 & they start to give excuses that they think it's not so convenient for them to keep a cat after all. We straight away agree with them that it's not a good idea for them to keep a cat. You see a lot of ppl will take anything as long as it is free & you never know half way driving back home they might regret the idea & decide to dump the cat on the road.

As a matter of fact I had a few kitties for adoption now.

For Charlene I had a high white bi color DLH with odd color eyes for you, I think you probably know which one I'm talking about. (pssst.. free for you, hehe....)

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Meow's Pets

firdaruddin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to firdaruddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
I had cats & kitties for adoption every now & then, in most cases they are given for free but then it's not a must. I normally will spend some time talking to the adopter & work on my gut instinct on judging them. I might not be correct all the time but I always said to myself I rather be wrong then to be sorry later on.

There was once a couple of young guys came to my shop wanting to adopt this lovely red tabby boy & my wife was more then happy to give him to them for free. But my gut instinct said no & i told my wife to ask them for only RM50.00 & they start to give excuses that they think it's not so convenient for them to keep a cat after all. We straight away agree with them that it's not a good idea for them to keep a cat. You see a lot of ppl will take anything as long as it is free & you never know half way driving back home they might regret the idea & decide to dump the cat on the road.

As a matter of fact I had a few kitties for adoption now.

For Charlene I had a high white bi color DLH with odd color eyes for you, I think you probably know which one I'm talking about. (pssst.. free for you, hehe....)
waaa...uncle ada bagi adoption ye? nasib baik fir tak mampu bela DLH sebab tak mampu bagi dia perhatian untuk grooming everyday.. ;)

p/s apa brang terbaru ada di kedai uncle ye?kak nurul dah bagi direction ke kedai uncle,tapi fir yang masih blur.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Quote:

Ferreted: Tot u got your 'Orange Cat' already?? Whats klinic Kembiri?

Blackie: About cages. hmmm for cats yes. for dogs, hmmm might be a little trouble if the dog is big size or medium size. I use to use cardbox box to transport my puppy to the vet. now its gotten too big she will fell thru the card box bottom. now I am using those refrigirated kind box for fish(those u see in wet market). very convinient n very tough n can fit in the front seat well. I would recomend it to everyone with a tight budget, very effective. For cats maybe u can poke a few air holes on the lip, works fine~ Yeah~~ I like~

Old 01-19-2009, 11:17 PM
PetFinder Guru

Charlene, eh, Blackie getting a new friend eh? :) I am sure he'll be so excited!

Bell, Klinik Kembiri meand Neuter Clinic ...

sillylupie-shop
Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
P/s: Eh....really ah??? You're serious ah???? You want me to help you save cost ah???
Aiyoyoh ayama ayapa! Cat food price naik lagi laa ... if Unca Jimmy who sells cat food is feeling the pinch, what more kitorang?

That is why la that ingenious rascal who took Jac's pretties for free and the very next day immediately lelong them off at RM50 per piece, giving some sob-sob story about not being able to afford cat food! It was a very beautiful pre-planned con job and there are actually people who wiped tears for him! How some gullible people can be!

Hope the new adopter didn't get great ideas and lelong them for RM100 per cutie later on using the same sob-sob cat food story because some people actually sanggup bayar up to RM200 for similar little cuties.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 01-20-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lia dan Filin boleh tak korang jgn cite off topic kat sini.ini serious thread ttg org resell cat/kitten yg dah diadopt. karang org yg baru baca tgk pun bingung head and tail tak faham.

Harap maklum.
The serious issue sudah tenggelam.

Andy, any news of what has happened to the kittens? Were you able to track who bought them? Where are they now, are they safe? Or still for sale on yet another supermarket shelf?

We must not forget the poor kitties and allow them to disappear into oblivion just like that!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies