Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cats and Flea Control Products

Cara bertindak dlm pembunuhan dan pencegahan adalah berlainan. Keberkesanan juga berlainan. Saya prefer Frontline Combo yg lebih mahal di atas sebab keberkesanan dan juga coverage termasuk mites. Prinz juga boleh memperolehi maklumat produk di internet utk memahami dan membuat perbandingan.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-30-2011, 12:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

Meffy is on a distinguished road

Hi guys....I just adopted a stray about a month ago and she had a LOT of fleas. So I went to the Klinik Veterinar and they ask me to apply Frontline Spray on her, which I have done. I bathe her and got bitten by some fleas.

So far, her fleas are lesser now but I'm still getting bitten everyday!! It seems like the fleas have infested my house and clothes.

What should I do? I'm about to cry since every morning I wake up with new bites on my legs. I have about 40 bites on my legs now and it's very frustrating. I've been mopping the floor every 2 days with clorox, threw away all the rugs and footmats...even my tikar mengkuang.

Please help!!! Should I call the exterminator? How much does it cost??
Old 10-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Hi, Meffy --

How old is your cat? I ask because some of the flea control products are not recommended for very small kittens. If she's an adult, though, this is what I would try.

Look for a product like Advantage. It comes in a very small applicator, and you squeeze the liquid out onto the cat's skin between her shoulder blades. Advantage kills fleas in all stages of life, including larval (in eggs). One treatment lasts for a month, and I think the Advantage comes with 4 vials per package. I believe there are other similar products, but be sure that whatever you buy kills both fleas and eggs.

As for your house, there are a number of flea spray products that you can use to spray the house, as well. Spray especially around the areas where you & your cat sleep.

I expect other members will also jump in with more advice and product suggestions. I had a minor flea infestation compared to what you're going through now, but the Advantage really did the trick. Best of luck to you and your kitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meffy View Post
Hi guys....I just adopted a stray about a month ago and she had a LOT of fleas. So I went to the Klinik Veterinar and they ask me to apply Frontline Spray on her, which I have done. I bathe her and got bitten by some fleas.

So far, her fleas are lesser now but I'm still getting bitten everyday!! It seems like the fleas have infested my house and clothes.

What should I do? I'm about to cry since every morning I wake up with new bites on my legs. I have about 40 bites on my legs now and it's very frustrating. I've been mopping the floor every 2 days with clorox, threw away all the rugs and footmats...even my tikar mengkuang.

Please help!!! Should I call the exterminator? How much does it cost??
Old 10-31-2011, 02:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

Meffy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Meffy --

How old is your cat? I ask because some of the flea control products are not recommended for very small kittens. If she's an adult, though, this is what I would try.

Look for a product like Advantage. It comes in a very small applicator, and you squeeze the liquid out onto the cat's skin between her shoulder blades. Advantage kills fleas in all stages of life, including larval (in eggs). One treatment lasts for a month, and I think the Advantage comes with 4 vials per package. I believe there are other similar products, but be sure that whatever you buy kills both fleas and eggs.

As for your house, there are a number of flea spray products that you can use to spray the house, as well. Spray especially around the areas where you & your cat sleep.

I expect other members will also jump in with more advice and product suggestions. I had a minor flea infestation compared to what you're going through now, but the Advantage really did the trick. Best of luck to you and your kitty!
I think she's about 8 weeks old...I'm not so sure. She weighs about 500-600g. I'll be taking her to the vet this week.

What kind of flea products do you suggest for my house? I'm currently using Baygon to spray. Is that effective enough?