Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 10-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Animal Lover

kavien is on a distinguished road
Exclamation shih tzu for adoption

hi anyone would like to give away their shih tzu for adoption and for free reply me
Old 10-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Animal Lover

vani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: shih tzu for adoption

Hi,

I heard from Aunty Fan that Paws Mission has a shih tzu and they are urgemtly looking for an adopter for him.. However please be informed that he is 7 years old and has cloudy eyes and skin problem (mange)..he was found abandon in the market..
For further info please contact Paws Mission...or if u pm me i can pass Aunty Fan's number 2u..

TQ
Old 10-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Hi, Vani --

It sounds like this dog is going to need a special person to adopt him. Shih Tzus are prone to glaucoma (thanks to bad breeding practices), and that's probably what's causing the cloudy eyes. If so, he'll need expensive medications and possibly even surgery to remove one or both of the eyes. Left untreated, glaucoma will leave him blind and in pain from the eye pressure. His skin problem -- possibly also inherited -- will also require special diet and medical treatment.

Kavien specifically asked for a Shih Tzu for free. It doesn't sound like he's in a position to foot the steep vet bills this dog is likely going to run up, never mind grooming bills, special food, and normal maintenance costs.

I hope Aunty Fan can find someone with a big heart and a big enough wallet to give this pup a good home for the rest of his life!

I wish the careless backyard breeders who breed and sell Shih Tzus like mad would see the results of their deeds -- sure, the puppies look cute and healthy, but the dog reaches middle age and the inherited disorders start to appear. Glaucoma, all sorts of skin ailments, hip dysplasia... They've got their money in the bank, and the dogs suffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vani View Post
Hi,

I heard from Aunty Fan that Paws Mission has a shih tzu and they are urgemtly looking for an adopter for him.. However please be informed that he is 7 years old and has cloudy eyes and skin problem (mange)..he was found abandon in the market..
For further info please contact Paws Mission...or if u pm me i can pass Aunty Fan's number 2u..

TQ
Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Animal Lover

Thumbs up Re: shih tzu for adoption

thanks vani i prefer a healthy dog and age its not a mater 4me,hope u can find out 4me more any other shihtzu please appreciate if u help me
Old 10-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Animal Lover

Divas is on a distinguished road

Kavien.

Did you not adopt another shih-tzu last year. Can you really afford to keep 2 as a student.
If you can't afford a couple of hundred RM for adopting one how can you really afford to send them for grooming, buy them decent food, heartguard and tick prevention, deal with any medical issues that arise etc?

Its great that you want to adopt instead of buying from a petshop, but perhaps you would consider adopting a non pure breed rescue dog with a shorter coat? There are quite often small mixes available for adoption from either Petfinder or SPCA that would really appreciate a good home.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Animal Lover

thanks for yor comen
Old 10-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Kavien, we all prefer healthy dogs and cats. :-)

Please remember though that animals are like humans -- none of them is healthy all the time, and we must feed them healthful foods and vaccinate them and groom them, etc. to keep them as healthy as possible. And even with all of that good care, they'll still fall ill sometimes and need a trip to the vet.

Please keep all of that in mind as you consider adopting another dog, ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavien View Post
thanks vani i prefer a healthy dog and age its not a mater 4me,hope u can find out 4me more any other shihtzu please appreciate if u help me
Old 10-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Animal Lover

vani is on a distinguished road

Sorry kavien I dont think its possible for me to help u then..the only reason I suggested that particular dog is because he needs an urgent adopter!

In terms of money I do agree that u need to spend quite a bit..I recently adopted a 6year old shih tzu from a moron who doesnt know how to take care of animals..

When i got her here last Tue i spent almost RM100 on her for medical check-up including blood test..she had a badly healed corneal ulcer + dry eye , bad ear infection, benign growth and serious hip problem...so she is on eye n ear medication n antibiotic.. Then I took her to the groomer as her fur was badly matted n that was another RM80.. Then to another vet to get a 2nd opinion on her condition which came to around RM85 including glucosamine kibbles...
I havent yet vaccinated (due to the antibiotic she is taking) and spayed her and that would cost more..

Obviously I have NO REGRETS, she has been with me for only 6 days and has been such a darling..the saddest thing is that she doesnt move much n is mostly lying down both due to her legs n eyes (almost blind)!

My only regret is that she had such a terrible owner!! Seriously I dont think that anyone who can't/doesn't want to spend money should bother adopting an animal in the first place...
Old 04-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Banned

kinchow2 is on a distinguished road

my friend got a 2 yo shih tzu
interested to adopt let me know i will send her contact to you
thanks