Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 07-28-2008, 01:59 AM
PetFinder Buddy

ChewChew1987 is on a distinguished road
Default Animal Lover. Yes or No.

Well...i am not really "animal" lover. I absolutely love dogs and hamsters, but i don't really like cats. In fact, i FEAR them for reason unknown.

I love dogs ever since i was a baby due to my dad and his side of family. My dad is a dog lover as well, in fact, some of my uncle and aunties are too. One of them is a breeder. They breed hunting dog or known to them as Wolf Dog; mixture of dog and wolf from a long time ago, suitable for hunters. The uncle even gave me one of the pups which we name him Brother Mark.

When i was a child, i remember seeing my dad jump into a deep drain to pull out a pup. We kept the pup. The pup, Browny was the first dog in my life, Brother Mark comes second after Browny passed away.

It may sounds weird, but all the dogs love my dad too. No matter how fierce the dogs are, my dad is still manage to soften them and soon have them licking his face or hand. I have yet to see a dog growl at my dad. I am jealous at this ability though....

I also remember seeing my dad going very very near to a dog which had recently gave birth. The female dog made her nest under a slide in the playground. No one dare to go near there because the dog kept growling whenever someone came near she and the pups. However, she allowed my dad to touch her and even picking up the pups for inspection. I really have to say "Wow~" at that. However, someone called the authority to take the dogs away not soon after that.

Since then, i have been trying to be like my dad. I love dogs, but not all dogs like me. I wonder why~

I also love hamster, although not as much as i love dogs. I was a hamster breeder when i was younger. My dad build me a very very very large cage for all the hamsters i had. I no longer have hamsters now because they attract mouse and rats to my house. One of my hamsters even eloped with a mouse. At that time, i had about over 50 hamsters at the same time, i remember having more males than females. I sold some of them to my friends, and some to pet shop at the price of RM 10 for one. However, i was sad when i dad sold my favourite, Mr. Grey too.

Mr. Grey was the first generation of my hamsters. He was the great-great-great-great grand father of the other hamsters. Another first gen of male was Mr. White. However, Mr. White passed away on Deepavali after he sired his first brood of babies. His wife was the one eloped with a mouse.

I have no experince with cat at all, but i remember being bitten and scratched by one. Talk about pain~

I hate fish because they always die on me. I am not fated to keep fish. Two of the fished i had before went suicide. One hit a rock and died. Another foolishly jumped out of the tank and died, plastered to the wall nearby. I hate fish~

I like hedgehog and porcupine, but i do not dare to touch them.

I had chicks before, but i strangled them. I was...3 years old back then. My mom told me so. Even now i feel very sad that i actually murdered two innocent chicks. My mom said i was just trying to put them to sleep...

I had rabbits before too. I can't remember what happened to them....but i remember my neighbour had a barbeque with rabbit meat on her table....

I had birds too, but i "accidently" freed them. I don't like watching them in cage. I prefer watching them flying in the blue sky.

I also had turtle before, but let them go into the lake at centre park because the pool is bigger.

Among the animals i have had before, i still prefer dogs. I love dogs.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Animal Lover. Yes or No.

i love dogs
i love cats...
i love rabbits
i love hamsters
i love turtles/tortoise..
i love fishes..

i hate reptiles - snake (some ppl keep it as pet) or frog/toad or spider

dogs make a good companion for sure.....

you see at times when we are really down - they are really there for us no matter what
how down you are - they are there to cheer you up.... some how there are a very special species........ i have yet to experience that myself....i cant wait to have one....... i cant have one yet..... i hope real soon.....in near future..
Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

hi all

well, in terms of animals, i don't really have any dislike although as pets, i've only kept dogs, mice, and now cats. oh i've kept fish as well betta fish, flower horn, gold fish, swordtails, and the rest. i prefer non-saltwater fish as they're easier to keep. that was during my lotus planting days.

now i've moved home and the new house is smaller so i can only keep cats and as i don't have much time to spend at home i try not to take in more despite the temptations.

i saw this beautiful dog profie at paws and wanted to adopt her but have to changed my decision after my family objected. since i stay with them, if they're not okay with the decision, i can't do much as i do require their help in caring for the dog too.

sometimes i feel like going ahead to adopt the dog as i'm only using my own money, my own resources and i'm the person who's doing the cleaning up, etc, so why should i listen to the rest and be dictated in my actions and non-actions by their opinions, right?

oddly enough i don't dislike snakes, in fact i'm quite awed by them, they're so beautiful so soft and "so alive" contrary to them being described as "cold" and other negative objectives. and they're so intelligent. just take a look into their eyes and you see why i say so.

i don't think a noble creature that's meant for freedom and stood for freedom like a horse should be ridden. god didn't meant for such creatures to be subjugated by us. it's a bit sad when i see the horses being ridden.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Me too. I hate to see animals that are supposed to be wild lose their freedom.

Horse
Fish
Bird
Turtle
Monkey
Chipmunk
etc
etc.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:03 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Pretty much every animal... Not necessarily for pets, but I just love animals in general....
Old 07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Mmm.. sometimes I love animals more than humans... their innocence, sincereness and loyalty often strike me as more genuine than many humans haha..

I personally have the most experience and attachment with dogs, but I equally appreciate other forms of lives, each one is so wonderful and lovable in its own right.. (ok, ok... I lied, I don't really favour cockroaches) haha
Old 07-31-2008, 12:50 AM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Mmm.. sometimes I love animals more than humans... their innocence, sincereness and loyalty often strike me as more genuine than many humans haha..

I personally have the most experience and attachment with dogs, but I equally appreciate other forms of lives, each one is so wonderful and lovable in its own right.. (ok, ok... I lied, I don't really favour cockroaches) haha
Wahahaha... Andy... So cockroaches are your Kryptonite ey?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:41 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hahahaha.... show me a flying cockroach and I'll show you a new Olympics high jump record and an agonizing scream audible from the next galaxy.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 AM
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.

Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee

Basically I love any type of animals that are cute, cuddly, fluffy, handsome and so on..
Only yup certain reptiles i find the icky and squishy or insects that's also icky and squishy..
Only not like certain people, I don't just simply run or jump if i see any cockroach (haha..gotcha Andy..just kidding..), as long they're not after me la or accidentally I didn't notice suddenly a cockroach at my feet..euwww...
Anyway even though my religion have restrictions for dogs, I won't hesitate if they needed any help, sometimes I just couldn't help seeing cute2 dogs and puppies, wanna cuddle them and guling2kan them like I do at my cats..lol..
What the heck, I talk to my neighbor's dogs mostly every time i pass by their houses..
However because of the restrictions I quite avoided to be too close with dogs but if they needed help then nevermind...But once a while if the dog is friendly and with its owner i won't mind petting it 2, 3 times as long they're not wet and not licking me...
But most of all the closes animal and pet with me is of course cats! Can't get enough of them!
I just love cute,furry,fluffy animals!!!

Last edited by BabyZee; 08-10-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Quote:

nobody like cockroaches, so do I ! and yes i hate those flying around
but funny part they cannot get extinct one

Last edited by vivienlpl; 08-02-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Animal Lover

ForPHiT^1 is on a distinguished road

But there are people in America keeping Madagascar Cockroaches as pet!!!! Maybe they watched too many Fear Factor and fell in love with cockroaches.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Haha.. these flying cockroaches are like laser-guided homing missiles - aiming right at me when they fly! Running is futile.. they seem to be playing a game of tag, ever flying nearer and nearer to me, taunting me with their intentionally-missed attacks and buzzing laughs until I black out and collapse foaming...

Urghh yeah Fear Factor is gross... eating everything from maggots to bull testicles.. and that program is always wonderfully timed to coincide with my dinner haha...
Old 07-31-2008, 05:27 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Haha.. these flying cockroaches are like laser-guided homing missiles - aiming right at me when they fly! Running is futile.. they seem to be playing a game of tag, ever flying nearer and nearer to me, taunting me with their intentionally-missed attacks and buzzing laughs until I black out and collapse foaming...

Urghh yeah Fear Factor is gross... eating everything from maggots to bull testicles.. and that program is always wonderfully timed to coincide with my dinner haha...

Same here same here. I once kena "tag" by them even though i was running away from it. So now everytime i see them flapping their wings, i'll start running right away.

I'm okay with cockroaches, but not flying cockroaches.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:44 PM
PetFinder Buddy

By and by, that reminds me of the accident with rat.

I thought i am okay with rats since i breed hamsters. But then...there was one day when i came out from my room, i came face to face with a big fat rat with red eyes. I donno what happened then but i screamed as lout as i can. Yeah, i screamed and my parents thought i saw thiefs or something. So when i told them i saw a rat. They just laughed at me and said.

" A hamster breeder afraid of a rat?"

I really donno why but i was really scared at that time when i saw the rat. It was soooo different with hamsters. Yeesh...
Old 07-31-2008, 05:51 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForPHiT^1 View Post
But there are people in America keeping Madagascar Cockroaches as pet!!!! Maybe they watched too many Fear Factor and fell in love with cockroaches.
Yup, some even put diamonds and such on the cockroaches and make them into a brooch. Ever watch America Next Top Model?? I think one of the seasons involve them walking the stage with cockroach brooch.

I donno what to feel then. Should i be disgusted or feel pity towards those cocroaches?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

ah andy, me see a kindred spirit in you. gimme five!

same experience here - i hate it when the cockcroach zoom in on you out of the whole crowded area or in the whole wide living room, you're the target even though you're running away from them. perhaps they can smell the fear?

however luckily i have my protectors to call upon - my kittens.

that was what happened when i was cleaning out their litter box in the bathroom one evening. i was in the midst of scooping out the litter when this huge cockcroach crawl out from the drain-hole. i just can't drop anything (not yet anyway), i did the next best thing, screamed my lungs out. at the same time, i grabbed the water hose and keeping hosing at the cockcroach in vain hope that it would beat a hasty retreat. it was smarter. it went into the corner and started heading towards me, streams of water not withstanding.

i quickly turned off the tap, dropping everything (can't help it) and turn tail and ran

and who should came charging into the bathroom, anna, nicky and coco.

they were my real heroines. although they didn't manage to catch the cockcroach, they did went in to investigate and came out with a puzzle frown on their faces. i pointed at the bathroom and indicated they should go in there. they went in again with no result and they left.

they were my real hero and heroines. they charged to my rescue with no second thought no questions no conditions. later on, i found out why they didn't see the cockcroach - it had climbed up the wall up to our 5 feet high - that was why my kittens didn't catch it.

i related the incident to my sis who thought they were the bravest cat on earth and we rewarded them with their favourite canned food.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:21 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

For some reasons, I can't bring myself to kill even cockroaches anymore... I try to catch them and then release them outside the window!

But mosquitoes, well, 50/50.. depending on my mood.. sometimes, I let em suck on me.. and sometimes i will MURDER em..
Old 08-02-2008, 11:56 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
but funny part they cannot get instinct one
Hai... "Siew Keong" getting a real hard time here.... Eh... mind you, to some people cockroaches are pets k
Old 08-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Vivien Wuz Ere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChew1987 View Post
By and by, that reminds me of the accident with rat.

I thought i am okay with rats since i breed hamsters. But then...there was one day when i came out from my room, i came face to face with a big fat rat with red eyes. I donno what happened then but i screamed as lout as i can. Yeah, i screamed and my parents thought i saw thiefs or something. So when i told them i saw a rat. They just laughed at me and said.

" A hamster breeder afraid of a rat?"

I really donno why but i was really scared at that time when i saw the rat. It was soooo different with hamsters. Yeesh...
i am ok with rats...seen a lot....fat one too.......... i normally do the catching of rats in the house..

cockroach no! i run away when i see one...
Old 08-04-2008, 01:42 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
but funny part they cannot get extinct one
I've got a friend who was quite okay with cockroaches when he was a kid... okay here meaning... I don't disturb u, u don't disturb me kinda okay... Until one day he was taking a dump in the toilet nd one of those nasty fellows actually flew and landed on his face. Just imagine the havoc created by one of these "cute" little buggers....

Andy, just imagine... this could have happened to you.

Hai... Those little critters can survive a nuclear winter, basically outlived the dinosaurs WITHOUT evolving and only to be killed by a can of Ridsect or 5 Ringgit Bata Shoe... That's bloody ironic if you think about it.

Last edited by RoyBlue; 08-04-2008 at 01:47 AM.