Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
... ... ...

naddy is on a distinguished road
Default Cat wit sensitive tummy

Salam,

Nak minta tolong sesiapa yg ader pengalaman dlam hal ni or just sharing pendapat...

i have a cat yg ader mildly sensitive tummy.... a dramatic changes in her diet bleh menyebabkan this cat diarrhea...

the problems is dier tak gain any weight even dah try a few of methods. Dah 3 kali bawa ke vet but condition still remains the same.

She is now feeding on Blackwoods (itupun makan sesuap dua je). Try to giv her Royal canine...tak jalan..amik sikit pastu blah... appetite still there but she not gaining lots of weight.

Setiap 2 hari sekali akan kasi ayam rebus...that one dier makan dgn penuh slera tp still berat tak tambah sgt. even vet said she is under weight.

For her poopoo(stool) plak never firm, dah 3 bulan mcm tu lah poo poo dier. always soft ooey goey (sorry for the word) but never firm.

Anyone got suggestion on wat i can feed her so that she will regain some weight suitable for her age?

p/s: she is 4.5 month = 1.1kg
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
PetFinder Guru

luvnett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat wit sensitive tummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddy View Post
Salam,

Nak minta tolong sesiapa yg ader pengalaman dlam hal ni or just sharing pendapat...

i have a cat yg ader mildly sensitive tummy.... a dramatic changes in her diet bleh menyebabkan this cat diarrhea...

the problems is dier tak gain any weight even dah try a few of methods. Dah 3 kali bawa ke vet but condition still remains the same.

She is now feeding on Blackwoods (itupun makan sesuap dua je). Try to giv her Royal canine...tak jalan..amik sikit pastu blah... appetite still there but she not gaining lots of weight.

Setiap 2 hari sekali akan kasi ayam rebus...that one dier makan dgn penuh slera tp still berat tak tambah sgt. even vet said she is under weight.

For her poopoo(stool) plak never firm, dah 3 bulan mcm tu lah poo poo dier. always soft ooey goey (sorry for the word) but never firm.

Anyone got suggestion on wat i can feed her so that she will regain some weight suitable for her age?

p/s: she is 4.5 month = 1.1kg
Dulu I ada gak cat yg macam ni.. huhu.. macam2 i try.. last dia ngam ngan RC Sensible 33 food for cats with digestive sensitivity.. Lepas guna RC sensible 33 ni now tgk dia dah xda masalah 2 lagi..

ops!!.. baru perasan yg cat U 2 baru umur 4.5 moth... xsure plak sesuai ke tidak.. selalu kalau umur ni I bagi RC kitten je..

Last edited by luvnett; 06-10-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Try giving her some vitamin supplement like Kitzyme, Fellovite, Nutristat etc to boost up her immune system and also boost up her appetite.

Also... try giving RC Sensible like what Luvnett suggested.

Good Luck!

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnett View Post
Dulu I ada gak cat yg macam ni.. huhu.. macam2 i try.. last dia ngam ngan RC Sensible 33 food for cats with digestive sensitivity.. Lepas guna RC sensible 33 ni now tgk dia dah xda masalah 2 lagi..
i dlu kasi RC baby cat. tp tak berapa makan pun...n dier jd watery diarrhea smula. Bg vitamin kitzyme pun tak jalan...diarrhea teruk jgk...

Bleh ke kasi RC sensible tu? since dier still consider kitten?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

euanna is on a distinguished road

Hmm.. maybe boleh try bagi Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck Formula.. ni sesuai untuk kucing yang sensitif. Saya dulu pernah bela kucing yang kena cirit birit almost sebulan.. puas pergi ke vet makan segala ubat pun x baik jugak.. sampai kesian tgk dia x boleh control poo lgsg.. Lepas bagi makan Natural Balance Green Pea & Duck habis 2 bag lepas tu terus ok..

Seperti biasa, x boleh terus tukar makanan durang.. kena integrate sikit2.. bila kucing saya tu poo dia dah firm..slow2 saya bg balik BW.. alhamdulillah takde masalah cirit lagi.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:44 PM
... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Try giving her some vitamin supplement like Kitzyme, Fellovite, Nutristat etc to boost up her immune system and also boost up her appetite.

Also... try giving RC Sensible like what Luvnett suggested.

Good Luck!
I have given kitzyme a few month earlier, but after that she have diarrhea so bad that she can't control her poopoo. it's was so devastated, when i went to see a vet n she said stop giving her the vitamin because she has sensitive tummy that she cannot tolerate certain supplement n food.

since then i'm afraid to give her any supplement or vitamin unless i'm ready for the consequences . introducing her to new food or supplement will be a challenge that i'm ready to take but not to many changes i hope.

Last edited by naddy; 06-10-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:48 PM
... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by euanna View Post
Hmm.. maybe boleh try bagi Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck Formula.. ni sesuai untuk kucing yang sensitif. Saya dulu pernah bela kucing yang kena cirit birit almost sebulan.. puas pergi ke vet makan segala ubat pun x baik jugak.. sampai kesian tgk dia x boleh control poo lgsg.. Lepas bagi makan Natural Balance Green Pea & Duck habis 2 bag lepas tu terus ok..

Seperti biasa, x boleh terus tukar makanan durang.. kena integrate sikit2.. bila kucing saya tu poo dia dah firm..slow2 saya bg balik BW.. alhamdulillah takde masalah cirit lagi.

i ader jgk terbaca ttg Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck Formula brand, they said it gud for highly sensitive n highly allergy cats n kitten. the other one is Prescription Diet i/d.

Tapi bnyak gud review from Green Pea n Duck Formula cuma i tak pernah nampak this brand kat petshop. habis dah 5 petshop dijejaki tp still tak jumpe so i thought dier tak supply kat Malaysia.

U beli kat maner yer?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
I have given kitzyme a few month earlier, but after that she have diarrhea so bad that she can't control her poopoo. it's was so devastated, when i went to see a vet n she said stop giving her the vitamin because she has sensitive tummy that she cannot tolerate certain supplement n food.

since then i'm afraid to give her any supplement or vitamin unless i'm ready for the consequences . introducing her to new food or supplement will be a challenge that i'm ready to take but not to many changes i hope.
Oic...
Why not try to give her Vitamin B complex pill (small and yellow in colour) which you can only get from HUKM or HKL.
Vitamin B complex will also boost up her appetite.
I have a few strips at home.
If you want to try I can pass some to you rather than you buy.
If its ok then you can go ahead and buy it.

For your information, Kitten food contains high in protein and this will cause kittens or cats have soft stool when they consume a lot. Maybe that's one of the reason your kitten is having soft stool. Try to purchase a small pack of RC sensible for sensitif stomach and slowly introduce to your kitten.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
PetFinder Guru

Kyzoor is on a distinguished road

Salam Naddy,

Hope some of the previous reply will help you, and from my opinion why dont u ask the doctor wat is the best for ur kitten........ coz they are Vet for our PETS n if u think the answer is not fullfill enough ur need n ur kitten condition, u should change ur vet coz maybe u get more xplanation from the other Vet.... the reply here from all the member is wat they have done from they own experience n maybe some is match for ur kitten n maybe not like i had read from ur reply too much sensitive for ur kitten tummy, coz u dont even mention wat did the doctor saiid about ur kitten health n condition......just about the poo poo n under weight only, do they just check it n just say its under weight without giving u any advice how to solve it? wat food to take? and any supplimentary for ur kitten?.......this is wat i call VET in my opinion.....they do everythings n guide us wat to do when i bring all my cats n kittens, from food, supplimentary n even the vet that i had been to do treat my cats n kittens more than human sometimes...... sorry wat i have to say is my opinion from what i read in ur forum here....... maybe it can help you or maybe not.....anyway wish that ur kitten will get well soon.....

"WE know what the best is for our PETS n the VET also knows what the best for our PETS n they learn it before they become are doctor......"

Enjoy Ur Day

Kyzoor

Last edited by Kyzoor; 06-10-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 PM
... ... ...

Quote:
Oic...
Why not try to give her Vitamin B complex pill (small and yellow in colour) which you can only get from HUKM or HKL.

For your information, Kitten food contains high in protein and this will cause kittens or cats have soft stool when they consume a lot. Maybe that's one of the reason your kitten is having soft stool. Try to purchase a small pack of RC sensible for sensitif stomach and slowly introduce to your kitten.
Vit B complex yg utk manusia tu ker? boleh yek utk cat?
If u have it then i can give it a try. nanti i pm for more details k. thanks

Hmmm...nk kate dier eat a lot pun tak sgt...usually ader lah dua cubit je sehari dier makan. if ayam rebus laju lah skit. if bg wetfood sure punyer tercirit meleleh je...

Anyway will try rc sensible... a bit pricey klu tak silap then rc babycat. hopefully it will not empty my pocket
Old 06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Oic...

Salam Kak Nurul,

Wan setuju sgt......kita cuba baru tahu.......coz kak nurul yang perkenal kan kat Wan, Few of them kat umah Wan dah fit n ada yang buncit dah( Vit B buat jadi pelahap n berselra utk my pets nasib baik tak overweight semua) dr melidi n cirit-birit...........Vitamin B just a supplimentary n takde effect yang buruk utk our pets......kalau masih dia cirit thats mean tue masalah yang lain n bukan sensitive lagi......

MY Snow n Crysal adalah siblings.......now near 3 months.....semenjak dtg rumah asyik poo poo cair......n once i try Vitamin B, its good for Crystal n not for Snow.......then i tukar Vet ke pandan indah........ before that at Subang Jaya SS15, but dr klinik pandan indah tau dia mengalami sakit buah pinggang n till now badan dia kecik lagi but different with crystal......sbb tue in my previous msg.......try to change the vet n maybe u get better explanation dr pada cuma tau underweight n sensitif tummy.........sorry kalau pendapat saya nie terlalu terlebih......

Kyzoor

Last edited by Kyzoor; 06-10-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
PetFinder Guru

linda_gamble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to linda_gamble

hai naddy.
masalah naddy sama ngan lin.
kucing lin pon cirit terok..hari2 kena basuh bontot dia.
taik dia plak cair sangat..memang kesian.
lin tukar makanan secara mendadak..sbb time tue vet dah tutup.
kat umah ada blackwood jerk.
dia makan iams.....dan kesudahannya taik dia cirit tak berhenti.

lin tanya kak zai makanan apa yang ok kalo kes macam nie
kak zai suggestkan Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck Formula brand
lin carik merata petshop takde jual.
lin google kat internet...ada tapie di johor.

lin cuba bagi sensible 33.
alhamdulillah ok....taik tidak cair sangat...lembek tapie berbentuk.
ada peningkatan
dia makan memang sikit...kekadang kerap...bagi ayam rebus memang suker giler,.

sekarang lin bagi sensible 33 jerk...dah try bagi macam2 tak jalan.
sekarang nie lin campur sikit2 ngan blackkwood.
alhamdulillah..taik tidak lagie cair.

memang risau sangat2......setiap kali balik kerja
memang kena basuh bontot dia.
kcuing lin umo 1 tahun...
cuba bagi sensible 33.
masalah naddy sama dengan situasi lin sekarang.
hope boleh membantu.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzoor View Post
Salam Naddy,

Hope some of the previous reply will help you, and from my opinion why dont u ask the doctor wat is the best for ur kitten........ coz they are Vet for our PETS n if u think the answer is not fullfill enough ur need n ur kitten condition, u should change ur vet coz maybe u get more xplanation from the other Vet.... the reply here from all the member is wat they have done from they own experience n maybe some is match for ur kitten n maybe not like i had read from ur reply too much sensitive for ur kitten tummy, coz u dont even mention wat did the doctor saiid about ur kitten health n condition......just about the poo poo n under weight only, do they just check it n just say its under weight without giving u any advice how to solve it? wat food to take? and any supplimentary for ur kitten?.......this is wat i call VET in my opinion.....they do everythings n guide us wat to do when i bring all my cats n kittens, from food, supplimentary n even the vet that i had been to do treat my cats n kittens more than human sometimes...... sorry wat i have to say is my opinion from what i read in ur forum here....... maybe it can help you or maybe not.....anyway wish that ur kitten will get well soon.....

"WE know wat the best is for pur PETS n also the VET also know wat the best for our PETS n thats they learn it before they become are doctor......"

Enjoy Ur Day

Kyzoor
thanks kyzoor,

if i tell the story of the vet i will be in a long essay, even i will have sum blurry eyes reading it. if u ready to hear it let start from the beginning

i found this kitten in drain during rainy days, pick her up. give her cat milk. that 3rd day she having a bad diarrhea. she can even controlled her poopoo so i took her to 1st vet (dun want to say the place) she then deworm, n been given antibiotic tablet. her good condition last about 1 week.

Because she not gaining any weight n hav poor appetite i took her to 2nd vet (since i not fond wit the first vet) then she is check for stool n virus, all came negative. Vet says nothing wrong with her maybe she just need supplement n vitamin, so he suggest kitzyme. came back from the vet, she still the same, watery diarrhea but active n purring as always.

I bought kitzyme the next day, only after 3 tablet for 2 days, she having a bad reaction. She having the worst diarrhea ever. When she sleeping beside me suddenly her poopoo just came out like water but smell like poopoo n the poor part is she didn't even realize it because she still sleeping. then even when she playing or walking inside the house her poopoo will came out uncontrol. Can u imagine the whole house?

Then come the 3rd vet (since i lost my trust to the 2nd vet n because the 3rd vet is closer to home) she examine her again for virus n stool all came negative as usual n she did say she is very underweight for her age (of course she is since she can stop pooping).

she asked me to give her exact diet n wat changes in her diet. after reviewing n a series of questioning she come to a conclusion that she has sensitive tummy. but there no test can determined that. so she said try to give her boiled chicken or fish every 2 days if possible along with kibbles. she did give me direction but there nothing else she can do. she said in other to know wat not sensitive to your cat u have to tries a few times even it means sumtimes ur cat will react badly until u find wat really suitable for ur cat.

she did give me a few names of brands (it's a lot actually) but eventually the decision is up to me to try it. after that visit n follow her advice on boiled chicken n fish, my cats getting better but as i say her poopoo never firm, it very soft but not watery. but the gud side is she didn't poopoo during sleep. but the bad side is she don't gain enough weight n her poopoo still soft sumtimes watery.

That y i post this thread to know if anybody has this experience with cat that have sensitive tummy so maybe i have a clue on wat to try on. it is not possible for me try every single brands that the vet suggested since it will effect my cat if she cannot tolerate it, n of course it will break my heart just to her sick n diarrhea all around the house.

So that's my long essay..hope it's clear everything out for u
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02136.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	9462  
Old 06-10-2010, 03:23 PM
... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda_gamble View Post
hai naddy.
masalah naddy sama ngan lin.
kucing lin pon cirit terok..hari2 kena basuh bontot dia.
taik dia plak cair sangat..memang kesian.
lin tukar makanan secara mendadak..sbb time tue vet dah tutup.
kat umah ada blackwood jerk.
dia makan iams.....dan kesudahannya taik dia cirit tak berhenti.

lin tanya kak zai makanan apa yang ok kalo kes macam nie
kak zai suggestkan Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck Formula brand
lin carik merata petshop takde jual.
lin google kat internet...ada tapie di johor.

lin cuba bagi sensible 33.
alhamdulillah ok....taik tidak cair sangat...lembek tapie berbentuk.
ada peningkatan
dia makan memang sikit...kekadang kerap...bagi ayam rebus memang suker giler,.

sekarang lin bagi sensible 33 jerk...dah try bagi macam2 tak jalan.
sekarang nie lin campur sikit2 ngan blackkwood.
alhamdulillah..taik tidak lagie cair.

memang risau sangat2......setiap kali balik kerja
memang kena basuh bontot dia.
kcuing lin umo 1 tahun...
cuba bagi sensible 33.
masalah naddy sama dengan situasi lin sekarang.
hope boleh membantu.
samer lah kita lin...tiap kali balik kerja sesi mengelap punggung kucing...n basuh kaki dier yg lekat dengan lelahan tu

Itu lah skrg ni go on the blackwood je tp tak naik pun berat badan dier n poopoo dier still tak firm...so rase nyer it's time utk tukar makanan tu...

dengar banyak review jgk utk green pea n duck formula tu tp puas dijejaki tak jumpe pun... ingat nak try dlu rc sensible tp pek kecik dlu ler, takut dier tak sesuai jgk... hopefully serasi lah dengan perut dier tu.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Salam Naddy...,

Thanks for the whole story n now i get it........, camna klu u cuba pegi ke klinik Teoh depan Balai polis pandan Indah...... coz i think they r more responssible.....
tempat tue tak bz sgt n pvt more to chinese client........... but service is quite good till i found out wat happen to few of my pets when my pets are not well.

even bab2 poo2 or dalaman kucing pun dia check......till i know yg my snow rosak buah pinggang walaupun selera dia kuat tapi poo2 dia mmg sampai skang pun ttp cair, mimi pulak pernah mengalami tersekat saluran kencing sampai dia tekan perut mimi dpan mata wan n korek poo2 mimi utk test time tue jugak n xplain kat kita wat is the true situation.....kalau terpaksa dia akan buat blood test............

bwh nie gambar snow 3 bulan now =570gram
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	290510-1646(001).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	9463  
Old 06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

hani14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hani14 Send a message via Skype™ to hani14

Quote:
i ader jgk terbaca ttg Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck Formula brand, they said it gud for highly sensitive n highly allergy cats n kitten. the other one is Prescription Diet i/d.

Tapi bnyak gud review from Green Pea n Duck Formula cuma i tak pernah nampak this brand kat petshop. habis dah 5 petshop dijejaki tp still tak jumpe so i thought dier tak supply kat Malaysia.

U beli kat maner yer?
Hi naddy..

u boleh dapatkan natural balance green peas and duck formula brand kat SS2/55, PJ. Kedai ni distributor untuk produk ni.

nama kedai tu, SEA PARK PET SUPPLIES SDN BHD, 35&37, JLN. SS2/55, PJ. TEL. 03-78740682 / 78772032
Old 06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Naddy, pls listen very carefully:

Anytime your cat/kitten is passing out watery poo, DO NOT give your cat/kitten anything EXCEPT daging dada ayam rebus lightly (don't overcook) minus the skin and bones, salt, sebarang rempah/perasa UNTIL the poo becomes firm.

The only other food you can give your cat/kitten is Hill's I/D (Intestinal Diet) which you can purchase at a vet clinic because this is a veterinary diet. Kalau dia makan tak cukup amount (it needs to eat a healthy amount to get healthy) utk satu hari, you must add a little bit of hot water (not too much), and lumatkan/mash it with very clean fingers so that you can suck it up with a 1ml syringe to feed it gently. It is good if you can feed her at least 1 tablespoon at least 3 times a day. Do not overfeed either because this will tax the already stressed digestive system and also cause diarrhoea.

Normally when we pick up a stray kitten, it will have lousy poo because dia makan macam-macam especially garbage and actually all cats have a delicate digestive system which gets irritated through eating different food. However, if you carefully follow this method, gradually, the cat/kitten's digestive system will improve as demonstrated by firm stools.

Stop all the dry kibbles and canned wet food because dry cat kibbles contain too much fat and canned food contains too much sodium.

ONLY give your kitten daging ayam rebus and Hill's canned I/D UNTIL the stools are firm. Nothing else.

This is very basic cat care that all cat owners have to learn.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 06-11-2010, 04:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Vit B complex yg utk manusia tu ker? boleh yek utk cat?
If u have it then i can give it a try. nanti i pm for more details k. thanks

Hmmm...nk kate dier eat a lot pun tak sgt...usually ader lah dua cubit je sehari dier makan. if ayam rebus laju lah skit. if bg wetfood sure punyer tercirit meleleh je...

Anyway will try rc sensible... a bit pricey klu tak silap then rc babycat. hopefully it will not empty my pocket
Hi Naddy,

Yup vitaman B complex yang biji kuning tu memang boleh bagi kat kucing sebab dia tu water soluble. Maksudnya kucing tak boleh overdose on it. Any excess of the Vit B will come out through the urine. So memang selamat di bagi kat kucing Certified by Vet

Old 06-15-2010, 02:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

linda_gamble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to linda_gamble

hai naddy.
macamana keadaan si comel sekarang.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:39 PM
MuchiMiko

noniehoney is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Cat wit sensitive tummy

salam forumers,
saya pun ada masalah pasal mkn dgn my 2 cats (aged 4 & 6 months).
masalah started last week after saya pick up dari boarding (dok asrama 4 hari).
at first tak perasan diaorg kurang mkn, the next day miko muntah2. muchi mkn ckit sgt. saya bw miko g vet, kena inject, bg ubat itu ini, bil sampai rm100! vet advised bg mkn dada ayam rebus, blk try bg, mkn ala kadar, mlm nyer tgk muntah selambak dgg ayam. sehari lepas tu, muchi plak muntah. sy dh mati kutu ni...
sy bg mkn RC 36, 3-4 hari skali bg foosie cat in can (1 can share 2 ekor). sejak tu, makanan sy bubuh tak pernah habis. kua pagi, penuhkan bekas makanan, balik malam, kalau isi tu susut separuh pun dah syukur sgt. ini ...dah le susut sikit je, isi perut pun susut gak.
last nite, g ambil BW yg pesan dgn k.nurul, balik tu acu2 la kt budak2 bulus tu. si miko ada gak jamah sikit, muchi amik bau, then pandang sy dgn mata bulat penuh persoalan..."apa baranggg ni..??
sy risau sgt tgk badan diaorang sumer kempis, walaupun sebelum ni tak gemuk gedempol, tp badan fit. any advice, anyone..?