Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 01-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Animal Lover

aldot is on a distinguished road
Default Macam mana nak tahu kucing tu suka makanan tu?

Sy ada kittens umo 3 bulan. Sy bagi dia IAMS separuh bekas tp 2 hari pun x abis lagi. Adakah itu petanda sy nk kene tukar? Kalu tukar brand apa yang ok n most kucing suka?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 AM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Macam mana nak tahu kucing tu suka makanan tu?

Hmm.. Maybe it's still getting use to the new food. Previously is what food that you normally feed it? Cat's are fussy eaters. But if it continue not to eat..you got 3 option.

1) Starve the kitten without giving it any food from morning till night only feed it. So it will appreciate it's food. ( Not really recommended for young kitten but can give try.)

2) Left the food there and let it only eat when it feels like it.

3) Mixed the food with home cooked food or either mixed with different cat food brand. Then slowly change to the different brand instead.

Or.. You may feed it RC.. Although they may have difficulties to change to other food once they started to eat RC. So best not to change to RC first until needed.
Make mistake once..now my cat is having difficulties eating normal one hahaha

Okay. Good Luck.:)
Old 01-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza17 View Post

Or.. You may feed it RC.. Although they may have difficulties to change to other food once they started to eat RC. So best not to change to RC first until needed.
Make mistake once..now my cat is having difficulties eating normal one hahaha

Okay. Good Luck.:)
Why is it difficult to change to other brand once we feed them with RC? Is RC tasted super delicious?
Old 01-28-2012, 11:55 AM
PetFinder Guru

...well.. the smell is nice n it sure taste great to them. So..It's like eating something so delicious that they wanted it last forever.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Animal Lover

I think i will stick with option no 2. Thanks a lot ray
Old 01-29-2012, 12:39 AM
PetFinder Guru

Welcome :)
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Animal Lover

Hi Ray,

I think my kittens have started to appreciate their food hehe. Thanks to u.

Btw this might be sensitive but is it true that RC contains pork by-product? My colleague told me this. Tried to google but I didn't find any reliable answer
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

Meffy is on a distinguished road

Hi Aldot,

I checked the official RC website and yes, some of their range like Babycat & Kitten Instinctive wet food contain pork by-products.

Here's their page : http://products.royalcanin.us/products.aspx?Animal=Cat

I'm feeding my cat Blackwood Kitten since it's recommended by quite a number of members here. Here's the Blackwood page : http://blackwoodpetfood.com/product/kitten

The price is almost the same as RC.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hi, First of all, I m glad that it works for your cat, I mean the method :) I am not sure about RC ingredients but thank you Meffy for your info :) But many people have recently complain about Blackwood that some of their cats after eat BW, their fur will drop, or some says that their cat shows no interest at BW at all. There is a thread regarding BW but m not sure where is it already

I am also using BW but then, my cat starting to show no interest so I m planning to change soon. You can check out Orijen, Acana, ANF or Feline Caviar.

Some people at this forum has reviewed about Feline Caviar that it is good yet in a reasonable price too. You can check about them.

But of course, Cooked food is the best
Old 01-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks Meffy n Ray.

I think I will stick with IAMS and we'll see how it goes. I like IAMS bcoz their digestive systems can tolerate well with the food and so far, they have no problem with their fur. It juz whether they want to eat the food or not.

Btw I bought Cat-in Food Maze and Play Circuit. They seem do not interested with the Food Maze . I put kibbles and treats inside but they juz ignore it. But they loooooove the Play Circuit.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

I m not really sure with the two things you mention But I know mostly my cats do not like treats so I don't bu for them. They prefer steamed or boiled chicken.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hi Ray,

I started BW about a month ago and I'm trying to see the changes. My cat seems to eat it like normal but I also heard about the fur issue. The poo looks a bit hard compared to when she was eating RC.

Like you, I also give her a mix of BW kibble and Whiskas. When I have time, I mix Whiskas with ayam rebus which she really likes Have you tried Qiut? My cat also likes it and it's about RM4.20 per can.

I can't find Orijen or Feline Caviar in JB >: I'm thinking to change to Orijen after I run out of BW.

Quote:
Hi, First of all, I m glad that it works for your cat, I mean the method :) I am not sure about RC ingredients but thank you Meffy for your info :) But many people have recently complain about Blackwood that some of their cats after eat BW, their fur will drop, or some says that their cat shows no interest at BW at all. There is a thread regarding BW but m not sure where is it already

I am also using BW but then, my cat starting to show no interest so I m planning to change soon. You can check out Orijen, Acana, ANF or Feline Caviar.

Some people at this forum has reviewed about Feline Caviar that it is good yet in a reasonable price too. You can check about them.

But of course, Cooked food is the best
Old 02-01-2012, 12:31 AM
PetFinder Guru

Hi Meffy,

My cat, a maine coon, started loosing her fur after eating BW although she once eaten it. I am going to change the food to see whether is it a normal or is it food matters. I gave Fussie Cat and Qiut too once in a while. But too much wet food could cause poo become soft.

I can get it for you here in KL and send to you through post? But you need to pay la for post+oil petrol a little. hahaha. Many says that Orijen is good too. Although Acana is much more expensive than Orijen.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

thini is on a distinguished road

[II cant seem to find Feline Caviar in Penang.. sighhhhhh[/I]
Old 02-04-2012, 03:58 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hi Ray,

How do you know that your cat is loosing fur? Is it when you brush and you see a lot of fur? My cat is short haired so I'm not sure if she's loosing fur or not since there's always fur around the house

Are you feeding your coon Orijen or Arcana? Ehh...can I get a sample?
I'll pay you for sample and postage. I just want to test to make sure my cat will eat it. A small sample about 100 - 200g will do if possible.

Quote:
Hi Meffy,

My cat, a maine coon, started loosing her fur after eating BW although she once eaten it. I am going to change the food to see whether is it a normal or is it food matters. I gave Fussie Cat and Qiut too once in a while. But too much wet food could cause poo become soft.

I can get it for you here in KL and send to you through post? But you need to pay la for post+oil petrol a little. hahaha. Many says that Orijen is good too. Although Acana is much more expensive than Orijen.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:22 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meffy View Post
Hi Ray,

How do you know that your cat is loosing fur? Is it when you brush and you see a lot of fur? My cat is short haired so I'm not sure if she's loosing fur or not since there's always fur around the house

Are you feeding your coon Orijen or Arcana? Ehh...can I get a sample?
I'll pay you for sample and postage. I just want to test to make sure my cat will eat it. A small sample about 100 - 200g will do if possible.
She left a lot.. I mean a lot of fur at my bed!She just rolled around and there is a new patch of fur at my bed. Plus her fur is flying around the room
She may stress, I don't know -3-

I am still feeding her BW. Cause my pack haven't finish yet. Once my pack is finish, I am switching the food. I am also asking sample from my friend for Acana and Orijen. At the mean time, she can give me Orijen first cause Acana isn't here yet. I will ask her to give you 100g cause that's the amount she can give me too. If your cat likes it, you can get breeder pack for cheaper price. Then I will send the postage. You send the money via Maybank? :)
Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
PetFinder Guru

That's a lot of fur. It's better you change the food soon.

Yes I can send via Maybank. How much will it be?
And can use normal post because its cheaper (only about RM 1++)

Breeder pack is too big for me unless I can get people to share with me.

Quote:
She left a lot.. I mean a lot of fur at my bed!She just rolled around and there is a new patch of fur at my bed. Plus her fur is flying around the room
She may stress, I don't know -3-

I am still feeding her BW. Cause my pack haven't finish yet. Once my pack is finish, I am switching the food. I am also asking sample from my friend for Acana and Orijen. At the mean time, she can give me Orijen first cause Acana isn't here yet. I will ask her to give you 100g cause that's the amount she can give me too. If your cat likes it, you can get breeder pack for cheaper price. Then I will send the postage. You send the money via Maybank? :)
Old 02-05-2012, 11:52 AM
PetFinder Guru

I haven't get the things yet so once I get to meet her, I will total up n pm you? But if you don't want breeder pack, you can ask how much kg you want. I will ask for the sample first.