Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 12-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Animal Lover

Azmah Hanum is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Help My Kitten Got Something In Her Eye!!

I'm not so sure what happened but one day I noticed that her eye are getting smaller. it's like she is having an irritation but the problem is i don't know what..tried putting eye mo in but its like it is getting worse (concluding that she got dust in her eye)..Now she sleeps more than she plays..I tried checking selaput mata dia but i dont see anything wrong with it..sakit mata ke?..My kitten is a rescue cat that is nearly run over by me!..What to do?..mata dier asyik basah n kluar taik mata..but when it come to play time mata dier besar plak dia bukak..i'm so worried...dah dekat seminggu dah dia sakit..help me!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help My Kitten Got Something In Her Eye!!

Pegi klinik jumpa vet ASAP!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Is your cat sneezing, too? Or just watery eyes with discharge? Please don't use Eye Mo on your cat. It's not meant for cats. If you need to clean her eyes, please wet a piece of cotton wool with Saline and then gently wipe her eyes with it. Saline is gentle, used for rinsing contact lenses, and you can easily buy a small bottle at Watson Guardian or any pharmacy.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:16 PM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road

Hi Azmah Hanum,

Do not use Eye-mo! Our human medicine won't work on them.

Your cat might be having eye infection. Try wet a clean cloth with warm water and clean around her eye whenever you see the tears coming out. If it doesn't get better in 1 or 2 days, it might be some allergy, better bring her to a vet then.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Hello, Azmah Hanum --

I agree with Kuntum: I think it's time to take your cat to the vet! You mentioned that it's been a week since you saw the first symptoms, and it's not only the eyes -- the cat also sleeps a lot, doesn't play, has no energy... it sounds to me like there's something more than a simple eye irritation here.

Good luck to you and your cat!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Animal Lover

Red face Re: Help My Kitten Got Something In Her Eye!!

Thanks guys,
last nite i googled for vets so already brought her to the clinic at upm. Yeah kinda figured about not using eye mo but i didnt know i'm supposed to use saline thanks a lot..Got loads of saline at home since i'm a contact lens user..Went for a check n the doctor said she had flu, herpes or something the doc told me to get her vaccinated because the bacteria would remain in her body once she got it kinda like chicken pox to us human right..The doc said she's a bit pale..(I still dont understand since she ate a LOT..)..even the doc found it weird that only her left eye is infected. The doc gave her medication (i cant remember the name) n an eye drop. I dont think she like the medicine though becoz her saliva is like everywhere when the doc force her to swallow it (i think even i swallowed a bit of her medicine lol..)..anyway when she arrived home she went to sleep in her fav box (which i keep all my plastic bags)..When she woke up just now she seems a bit better and theres no more taik mata (x tau taik mata in english )..hope she recovers though..by the way the doc told me to wait until her eye heals before i can get her vaccinated..anybody knows where is the cheapest place for vaccination?..i ask upm they told me its RM45 when i ask the vet's near my house it's RM30..
Old 12-22-2010, 12:38 AM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Feline Herpes Virus la tu...sebab tu kucing perlukan L-lysine dalam makanan dorang...
Yup, better kena vaccine lepas dia sihat dari sakit. RM 30 adalah harga normal untuk vaccine.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Animal Lover

Talking Re: Help My Kitten Got Something In Her Eye!!

Thanks a lot kuntum,
Anum risau jugak takut kena ketuk harga mahal2 sbb ni first time bela kucing properly with vaccination n whats not..xpe la atleast tau jugak harga lelater will post gamba comet..baru balik keje satg nak kasi comet makan ubat tadi pagi amat loving time tengah siap2 nak pg keje..
Old 12-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Azmah,

Some antibiotics will cause the cat to foam or 'drool', that's why your cat had saliva everywhere. Sometimes, they will also vomit out the medicine.

For me, personally, I find it works best when I shove the pill all the way into the cat's throat making sure the pill doesn't touch their tongue. This will prevent the saliva from drooling out.

P/s: If you need to clean her eyes in future, remember it's Saline, NOT the 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 contact lens disinfecting solution. Very important!
Old 12-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Animal Lover

owh thanks blackie for the reminder..might have done it wrong..plus this is the latest picture of comet playing after taking the medicine..the doc gave her not pills but liquid so i have to use syringe to make her eat it and i managed single handedly..lol..sorry the pixels for the pic isnt that much since i'm using hp..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23-12-10_1920.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	10495   Click image for larger version

Name:	23-12-10_1921.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	10496   Click image for larger version

Name:	30-11-10_2335.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	10497  
Old 12-26-2010, 04:43 AM
Animal Lover

Cool Re: Help My Kitten Got Something In Her Eye!!

anyway got another question makanan ape paling bagus for the cat ek?..tgk banyak sgt jenama mkanan kucing confuse gila..now giving her frieskies..