Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 06-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Animal Lover

violetz is on a distinguished road
Default Which dry food is the best for your kittens?

I heard that Whiskas, Friskies and Smart Heart is not good for cats. I recently bought Pro Pac kitten for my lil Nicky. Is Pro Pac a good food for kittens? The problem is I'm living in Butterworth and most of the shops and supermarkets are selling the normal food.

I've heard a lot of pet owners feeding royal canin to their cats, is it better than Pro Pac?

I just adopted my Lil Nicky so I am still confused of which food to feed him. I bought 1kg of Pro Pac kitten from main Island Penang to test first whether he's ok with it or not. Or else I don't know what else to feed him and where to get the other brands.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:19 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Which dry food is the best for your kittens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetz View Post
I heard that Whiskas, Friskies and Smart Heart is not good for cats. I recently bought Pro Pac kitten for my lil Nicky. Is Pro Pac a good food for kittens? The problem is I'm living in Butterworth and most of the shops and supermarkets are selling the normal food.

I've heard a lot of pet owners feeding royal canin to their cats, is it better than Pro Pac?

I just adopted my Lil Nicky so I am still confused of which food to feed him. I bought 1kg of Pro Pac kitten from main Island Penang to test first whether he's ok with it or not. Or else I don't know what else to feed him and where to get the other brands.
Maybe you would want to visit the 'real petshop'. I did message you earlier in the morning to avoid Toby anyway and wishing you do not visit Toby..if you want to know why I blacklisted Toby very much..pm me.. they are more then cruel

As I googled ProPac , it comes from the same manufacturer of Sportsmix.. Looking at the ingredients , far beyond dari RC nieh..

Chicken Meal, Rice Flour, Ground Yellow Corn, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Egg Product, Dried Beet Pulp, Fish Meal, Dried Whey, Natural Flavoring, Brewers Dried Yeast, Yeast Culture, Salt, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine Hydroxy Analogue, L-lysine, Wheat Germ Meal, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, D-activated Animal Sterol (source of Vitamin D3), Taurine, Vitamin A Acetate, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Inositol, Folic Acid, Manganous Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Copper Proteinate.

nway, you can browse around teh previous thread jugak.. In btwrh, there's a lot of cat lovers down there.. my aunty is also one of them.. I heard she told me about a very good vet where you can also buy good real premium cat food from there.. I'll msg her in the morning and get back to you once I got the info ( as now is 3am..)

p/s but then, you were at Toby..Toby offers variety of cat food..from cheap to expensive.. they even have Blackwood, Orijen, Innova Evo ( but no RC ).. I I can understand if you lower your budget as you might want to know that RC might cost you RM25 plus minus per kg ( loose packaging)..

and girl.. do lots lots lots of reading here first.. as your starter step on adopting from SPCA is a good one.. so hoping everything will be good all the way. And, I am from Penang Island.. and I know places around the island..will be here if you need me..in case
Old 06-12-2010, 04:08 AM
Animal Lover

Yeaaaaahhhh.... I read your message just after I reached home. I've went to Toby's for quite a number of times already since the past years. *sigh

For now, what can you suggest I feed my lil nicky? a good food, but not so that expensive, and can be found in bworth area.

Nicky had an appointment for 2nd vaccination on 7th July, and I tot of going to a vet in seberang jaya. Some of my dad's fren told that they bring their pets there. plus it is in the listing from the SPCA. Is the vet there ok?

Thank you.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:02 PM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Yeaaaaahhhh.... I read your message just after I reached home. I've went to Toby's for quite a number of times already since the past years. *sigh

For now, what can you suggest I feed my lil nicky? a good food, but not so that expensive, and can be found in bworth area.

Nicky had an appointment for 2nd vaccination on 7th July, and I tot of going to a vet in seberang jaya. Some of my dad's fren told that they bring their pets there. plus it is in the listing from the SPCA. Is the vet there ok?

Thank you.
You have been to the same pet shop for quite sometimes..you can't see?..a pet shop should not be dat wet, dat dirty and dat cruel. I was there twice, saja pergi tengok.. they never changed tho. Maybe if you visit more pet shops in Penang Island, you got to see that there's big difference with Toby..bigggggg differennnnceeeee....

I am yet to get a reply from my aunty.. will tell you as soon as possible.. Vet ok ke tak ok ker..will depend on your experience with them.. some give you the precise med and the problem go away within one visit.. some just can't cure simple dermatology problem, and some just hold and keep on saying 'maybeee she got this...bla bla bla..maybe she got that...' As me, I would first judge the way teh vet hold my cats..some of them, they do not touch with full heart..kadang2 sbb terpaksa nak kerja ja...

And yerp, finally budget comes into play.. good or medium or bad.. private vet will come around RM100 to RM200 once.. This is the price for island lah.. mungkin kat seberang cheaper ..

For the suggestion, maybe you can go for Blackwood ( check out threads of people selling blackwood here..http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...ight=blackwood).. I think that would be suitable..on shelf I am yet to know where to buy in Btwrth.. I AMS or Science Plan should be okay also tho prices beza around few dollars aja between brands...and cat food in penang will be slightly higher in price than KL ( sbb susah nak carik)..

Last edited by nurkasih; 06-12-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:58 PM
PetFinder Guru

thini is on a distinguished road

[I]hie there violetz, the vet in seberang jaya is Hazlim Clinic right? I am a regular at Hazlim, and so far the vet (Dr.Tina) has been very accomodative and helpful.. Price wise, I think Hazlim is affordable.. If you want to find real kibbles (RC, Science Plan), Hazlim also sells them. Another petshop that sells premium kibbles (loose pack and both ori pack) is in Prai - Superpet shop, they also have Pro Pac the last time I went there.. If you are looking for BW, try Kedai Haiwan Comel in Taman Selasih Kulim. I normally order by BW supply from K.Nurul a.k.a Felix (refer to Pet Product thread)...

Last edited by thini; 06-12-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Animal Lover

Thanks Thini and nurkasih for the info. Yes indeeeed Dr.Tina treat my lil Nicky with much ♥ and affection. She is very kind. She gave me some samples of RC for me to try, and I tried mixing the RC with Pro Pac since I bought 1kg of it, and there's still a lot of it left.

Sungguh cerdiknya Nicky, he eventually ate ONLY the RC and left the Pro Pac behind. If he is too hungry then he'll ate all of it. but most of the time, NO. He'll come begging for more RC.

Is it a normal price for 1kg of RC kitten = RM20? or I get it cheaper elsewhere in Butterworth? I didn't know where is the other petshop u've told me about, Superpet Shop in Prai. Where is it really located actually?

and oh yeah, how often do you feed your cats? Dr Tina advice me to feed him twice daily, morning and night. Eventually he will be extremely hungry in the afternoon and come meowing and begging for food. Kesian, coz he is a very super-active lil kitty. So now i'm feeding him three times daily. Morning, afternoon and night. is it okey?
Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 AM
~feline attaché

Quote:
Thanks Thini and nurkasih for the info. Yes indeeeed Dr.Tina treat my lil Nicky with much ♥ and affection. She is very kind. She gave me some samples of RC for me to try, and I tried mixing the RC with Pro Pac since I bought 1kg of it, and there's still a lot of it left.

Sungguh cerdiknya Nicky, he eventually ate ONLY the RC and left the Pro Pac behind. If he is too hungry then he'll ate all of it. but most of the time, NO. He'll come begging for more RC.

Is it a normal price for 1kg of RC kitten = RM20? or I get it cheaper elsewhere in Butterworth? I didn't know where is the other petshop u've told me about, Superpet Shop in Prai. Where is it really located actually?

and oh yeah, how often do you feed your cats? Dr Tina advice me to feed him twice daily, morning and night. Eventually he will be extremely hungry in the afternoon and come meowing and begging for food. Kesian, coz he is a very super-active lil kitty. So now i'm feeding him three times daily. Morning, afternoon and night. is it okey?
Actually, RM20 per kg is super cheap.. providing its loose pack ( tho most of us here do not encourage buying repacking or loose pack ) RC Kitten is teh most expensive of all..even adult is even more cheaper.

Me..a kitten 3 times a day.. 15 min per serving..after that i'll put away.. i seldom let kibbles ready around the clock as my cats will reject kibbles expose to air for a long time.

Adult..then 2 times daily.. it's up to you.. nway, how do you know he's begging for food?.. it's your bet, spoil him his way or spoil him 'your' way.. gud luck