Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Success Stories

Success Stories Share your happy and heart-warming "tails" with our community. Let us know about your successful rescue, rehome or adoption efforts!

View Poll Results: POLL RESULTS: Would you risk your own life to save your Pets?
Yes 6 42.86%
I'm not sure 4 28.57%
No 4 28.57%
it gone, i get another one 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:12 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Would you risk your own life to save your Pet?

We really wanted to know so we asked this question in a poll.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 03-01-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Would you risk your own life to save your Pet?

this is a hard question. i'd love to say "yes" immediately, but then i thought, what if my beloved fell off the balcony (i'm on the top floor)? i know i will not jump off the balcony after him, but i will rush downstairs immediately. but this might be too late to save him.

i think it is more truthful for me to say i will do my very, very best to save my cat, even rushing after him into the middle of the road, or fighting with a bully who hurt him, or going into dangerous places to rescue him, but there may be situations like the falling off balcony where i know i will be too scared to reach out for him.

this has always been my biggest fear, actually, that he might fall off and i won't be brave enough to jump and grab him.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 PM
PetFinder Moderator

this question also to pet owner, would them pay high cost of pet medical? maybe around 2000-3000 couse by serious ill. Some owner unable do it =it gone, i get another one

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Petfinder Moderator

this one i can answer. yes! i will pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
this question also to pet owner, would them pay high cost of pet medical? maybe around 2000-3000 couse by serious ill. Some owner unable do it =it gone, i get another one
Old 03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

what kind of question is this? if there is a risk but you know you can.. (like fireman saving cat in a burning place (he's a fireman, he's got gadgets, he's been there), it will be worth the shot.. but to really risk your own life.. (jump on a speeding truck hoping max payne act).

definitely not, please lah. no matter how much we love our pet.. have to have brain as well.. you think your parents will be proud cause u jump on a strong flood to save a dog and eventually died yourself? your children would be proud cause momma or daddy died helping a cat? what a thorough thought.

paying is another issue.. but 2000-3000RM while you strive to provide food on the table?

so what, if you will risk your life for your pet then you'd be paraded as super animal lover and be number 1 lover here?

what kind of qs is this.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Petfinder Moderator

chelly dear, it's just a poll. it's like the hard talk program, hard questions that make us think. not to parade the super pet owner.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Animal Lover

its not a hard qs lah kak charlene. this is just to stop the best animal lover mojo (or the most generous in that sense) that been goin around just because we do not conform to the ways offered (if u realize my case). to me deep down we know how far we'd go and how much we love. this poll is the epitome of the mojo.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Petfinder Moderator

chelly,
we all know how far we'll go. i know i'm not sure if i'll be able to risk my own life to save my pet when i'm confronted with the situation. and i dont think this poll is to show how good we are as animal lovers.

and i also understand the part about the medical fees. we do what we can afford.

but i think the question is deeper. it's about your heart. there are people have RM100,000 savings in their account but not willing to pay RM2000 in medical fees. of course if you are struggling to put food on table, then no one expects you to come out with RM2000 for medical fees. where to get that money? it's crazy, right?

so, i don't think it's a mojo thing as you suggested. i think it's a question that makes you look deep into your heart, that's all.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Animal Lover

you are right it should be like that blackie, but the mojo is there.. is either this or.. bla bla with ur friends.. bla bla black sheep any any wolf.. seen ppl fight too much abt it. enough!

P.S: i cant relate to you more without tellin you why i am angry personally. dont want to ignite another bleacchhhh...
Old 03-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Animal Lover

incredulous is on a distinguished road

In reality, there are still have many pet owners who are unable to pay for high medical cost for their pets. It's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post

Last edited by incredulous; 03-02-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Animal Lover

and that doesnt mean they love the pet's life any less than who can afford.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:42 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Ferreted,
Have you select which poll you like to vote? if cannot find any above poll, your might no feel paranoid as below. This just a POLL. vote and get the result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
what kind of question is this? if there is a risk but you know you can.. (like fireman saving cat in a burning place (he's a fireman, he's got gadgets, he's been there), it will be worth the shot.. but to really risk your own life.. (jump on a speeding truck hoping max payne act).

definitely not, please lah. no matter how much we love our pet.. have to have brain as well.. you think your parents will be proud cause u jump on a strong flood to save a dog and eventually died yourself? your children would be proud cause momma or daddy died helping a cat? what a thorough thought.

paying is another issue.. but 2000-3000RM while you strive to provide food on the table?

so what, if you will risk your life for your pet then you'd be paraded as super animal lover and be number 1 lover here?

what kind of qs is this.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Animal Lover

oh dont worry i am not paranoid, tell me i dont have a point or i stand corrected (but again, u might still dont get it, as always).
Old 03-05-2009, 01:41 AM
PetFinder Guru

hourus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hourus Send a message via Yahoo to hourus
Unhappy Re: Would you risk your own life to save your Pet?

sadly i would have to say NO to risk but YES to calculated risk

zzzzzz.....woof woof
FurKid in the Car
Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Thanks for voted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hourus View Post
sadly i would have to say NO to risk but YES to calculated risk

Old 03-06-2009, 12:50 PM
PetFinder Guru

daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985

Hmn...It is really a hard question. Like what Blackie said, when I read this poll, I would happy to vote for Yes. Anyway, is depend to the situation. If it is a car is almost to Hit my love pet, automatically, i will run toward to protect it as my own children is running out of road. The same as fire happen in my own house, I will still fight myself to save the little one, coz I hope the one suffer is me not him my pet. I noe if what really happen on me that going to hurt my parent or relative, but I only can said I'm sorry to them yet I will feel I have go peacefully rather than I stand there and watch my pet die in front of me and I cant do anything, I will feel pain and hate myself forever.

If the situation happen like fall down from balcony, tis one is true as Blackie, I will not dare to jump down and grab it..I will YELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OUT loudly and cry coz I cant do anything..
Old 03-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat a question, DIMB!

Okay, you ask a "pening" question and I will give you a "pening" answer :

My head says "No" but my heart says "Yes" and it depends on which one is ruling my body at that point of time ... as humans we have all done silly and illogical things at one time or other, especially as teenagers.

To cut short the beating around the bush, my answer at this point of time (when none of my pets are in mortal danger) is theoretically "NO" (not that I will simply go get another pet, but logically, my mind tells me that I need to help the others ... and if I am gone, there will be one less person able to help them, and there are really so few of us and sooooooo many of them!).

But don't be surprised to see me acting the perfect fool jumping into the fire to save my precious irreplaceable little mouser, Tiger ... in times of emergencies and life threatening situations, within that split second, often we do not have the luxury of time to hesitate and think at all ... and in that split second, it would be pure reflex ... that is why in the military they do drills.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 03-06-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

booboo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
this is a hard question. i'd love to say "yes" immediately, but then i thought, what if my beloved fell off the balcony (i'm on the top floor)? i know i will not jump off the balcony after him, but i will rush downstairs immediately. but this might be too late to save him.

i think it is more truthful for me to say i will do my very, very best to save my cat, even rushing after him into the middle of the road, or fighting with a bully who hurt him, or going into dangerous places to rescue him, but there may be situations like the falling off balcony where i know i will be too scared to reach out for him.

this has always been my biggest fear, actually, that he might fall off and i won't be brave enough to jump and grab him.
yup...boo sokong....kadang2 perkataan x sama dgn perbuatan....
tepuk dada tanya selera
Closed Thread