Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself to our fun community and meet some new friends here!

Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 PM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Smile Hi - Animal lovers.

Hi Y'all...
I would like to introduce myself. I'm Fatimah Eve Marcelle Abd. residing in Pulau Langkawi with my husband,Ayman and our little Burmese kitten, Ashanta, that will be arriving soon - all the way from Kuching, Sarawak (Manekineko Cattery).
I came from an animal lover family. Ever since childhood my siblings have and had our moments with our pets at home. I had reptiles when I was young. I had cats. I had dogs. I had fishes. I had hamsters and guinea pigs. My mom also adopted a cute ant eater, orang utan and chimpanzee before returning it into the wild of Bornean Jungle.

Mostly our pets at home were found in sewage, trash can, adopted and newly born with 50/50 chance to survive. With love and care, there is no impossible in this world.

Even though we grew up in foreign country, we never forgot what my parents inculcate to us. Sometimes, I got culture shock with my own country but returning to Sabah and visiting Sarawak & other states, Melaka etc., makes me feel at home again.

After several years without pet of myself, I'm now a proud owner of a blue European Burmese female kitten named, Ashanta. She is what the breeders called ' a brick wrapped in silk' fur and a dog-like personality. I actually looking for a pet but my place allowed only one cat. I do not care actually which breed or what they look like. I treat all animals as my family member not as pets only.
Please, I don't need some one to misunderstood me.
I have a 1st come- 1st serve attitude but I am planning to adopt 3 more next year when our home is wider enough to play with us.
I hope there is still available.
We would like to say thank you very much for the emails and pictures PF members send to me.
I apologize I cannot take all your pets for adoption although we are willing to pay for the transportation but due to some circumstances that our home can take only one ... we both compromised and have to make a final decision as well as my husband's preference since we do not have children on our own.
Taking care of an animal is great responsibility. It is fun to take care of animals but they are not toys. They have emotions and health. They are not a thing. A set of good mentality and sincere intentions before adopting or purchasing any of your pets.
It is not a game that has push buttons, to start or stop whenever you wanted to. They are made of flesh and bone like us but live shorter than us.
"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creatures that cannot." ~Mark Twain, What Is Man, 1906.
"Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human lives," wrote humanitarian Albert Schweitzer. "Murderers...very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids," according to Robert K. Resler, who developed profiles of serial killers for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Studies have now convinced sociologists, lawmakers, and the courts that acts of cruelty toward animals deserve our attention. They can be the first sign of a violent pathology that includes humans." refer to this link: http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm400690.html
"The Macdonald triad also known as "triad of sociopathy" — FBI Special Agent Alan Brantly believed that some offenders kill animals as a rehearsal for killing human victims. Animal cruelty is mainly used to vent frustration and anger the same way firesetting is. Extensive amounts of humiliation were also found in the childhoods of children who engaged in acts of animal cruelty. During childhood, serial killers could not retaliate towards those who caused them humiliation, so they chose animals because they [animals] were viewed as weak and vulnerable. Future victim selection is already in the process at a young age. Studies have found that those who engaged in childhood acts of animal cruelty used the same method of killing on their human victims as they did on their animal victims."- Wikipedia site.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hi - Animal lovers.

Hi Eve,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Hope that you would find suitable cats for adoption when your house can accommodate more pets.

Please share with your friends about PetFinder.my too if they are looking for lovely pets ya!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:34 AM
PetFinder Guru

Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Smile Re: Hi - Animal lovers.

Hi Andy,

With all my pleasure and thanks!

Please keep up the good work & more LOVE to all - for everyone, animals and our own environment despite imperfections...even how small, can make a BIG difference in our own society.

We are after all, one of too many creations that are blessed with happiness, peace, comfort, health & beauty but we are the ones destroying it and yet, we are still the ones fixing it.

We certainly refer PF to every animal lovers out there whom we meet and we know.

Whoever wants to see us, we are just right here in Pulau Langkawi.

"...No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."
- John Donne, Meditation XVII

Thank you very much to you, Petfinder.my and its members.

Best Regards,
Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Hi Eve,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Hope that you would find suitable cats for adoption when your house can accommodate more pets.

Please share with your friends about PetFinder.my too if they are looking for lovely pets ya!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Animal Lover

syahzan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi - Animal lovers.

hello Marcelleve.. nice to meet you and love your story.. =)
Old 11-25-2010, 01:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

Smile Re: Hi - Animal lovers.

Hi Syahzan,
You are welcome in PF and nice meeting you, as well.

Thank you for your kind appreciation in my pet story.

Best Regards,
Eve
Quote:
Originally Posted by syahzan View Post
hello Marcelleve.. nice to meet you and love your story.. =)