Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 01-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
The serious issue sudah tenggelam.

Andy, any news of what has happened to the kittens? Were you able to track who bought them? Where are they now, are they safe? Or still for sale on yet another supermarket shelf?

We must not forget the poor kitties and allow them to disappear into oblivion just like that!
Good suggestion but how do you plan to rescue this kittens. I think everyone is interested to know of any noble idea you had.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 01-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
P/s: I'll PM Andy to delete all unrelated posts..........
Thanks, Blackie ...

Andy, continuous to your successful digging efforts on the guy and in working with the administrator of the other forum were you guys able to filter through all exchange messages from/to the guy, especially on those kitties or were they all deleted from the server? Any positive lead? You don't have to tell us details if it is confidential, but hope there is some ray of light.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 01-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

But I have a feeling he did most of his transactions through his cellular. If the name Andy digged up is indeed his real name and he is attached to UTAR, we can dig UTAR's employee database to ascertain which campus he is attached to (unless he is a student, then the student database). But if he gave all false info (hey, do you know that the person at the other end at the keyboard is actually a smart dog?) we will have hit a dead end and just pray for God's protection upon the little kitties.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Is tired to read more this thread. guy have you call him? The most effective way.Call shah: 0176503063 spam him
Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman Email: info@utar.edu.my Send to he headmaster

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 01-21-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Wakakakaahh DIMB, if he simply answered the phone it wouldn't la be so fening kefala sampai kena jadi PI Sherlock Holmes to track him down .... hmmmm ... UTAR ... kena cari cable/network UTAR/Institusi Pengajian Tinggi ... hmmmmmmmm ...

I don't care about him but I wanna know where the kittens are.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

The only way to find out where the kittens are or how they are is to call this guy Shah Firdaus, or to track him via the email DIMB gave.

Since you're experienced in solving problems, I'm sure you would be able to track down this conman and get the kittens safely back!

I look forward to hearing good news from you, Furkids. We're rallying behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furkids
Wakakakaahh DIMB, if he simply answered the phone it wouldn't la be so fening kefala sampai kena jadi PI Sherlock Holmes to track him down .... hmmmm ... UTAR ... kena cari cable/network UTAR/Institusi Pengajian Tinggi ... hmmmmmmmm ...

I don't care about him but I wanna know where the kittens are.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

Bellxun, the orange cat.. ya after CNY.. *cross fingers*

bout these siamese lookalikes.. let Jac decides what to do.. at least we all learnt from it i.o suggesting them to do stuffs to this wretched halfbreed (the utar guy). i hope people will "buy" them quick and not mistreated.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
The only way to find out where the kittens are or how they are is to call this guy Shah Firdaus, or to track him via the email DIMB gave.

Since you're experienced in solving problems, I'm sure you would be able to track down this conman and get the kittens safely back!

I look forward to hearing good news from you, Furkids. We're rallying behind you.
That email-id is a general UTAR id, girl, no use one. Aiyoyo, you guys so green one! Hey, you are dealing with a conman, a smooth and smart one, that can present the image of a good adopter and then act muka kesian to sell them off ... this smart guy got good brains to hide his tracks, tell lies looking straight into your eyes without blinking ... no schoolboy stuff ... so you think that by calling him on his cellular he will answer you pronto and spill all the beans? A pro like him would definitely be using another cellular right now rather than be bothered by spam calls interupting his peaceful daily life.

Itu pun kalau dia kasi nama betul iaitu "Shah Firdaus" and he is really working at UTAR.

Andy, what is his IP? Got proxy? It helps a little to know which UTAR campus. KL pun ada beberapa ... Section 13 PJ got 1, Sg Long got 1 and Jalan Genting Klang, Setapak got 1 as well. Itu pun kalau betul dia attached to UTAR.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Green???? No, I'm not green, my skin is rather fair and pink.....

Quote:
That email-id is a general UTAR id, girl, no use one. Aiyoyo, you guys so green one! Hey, you are dealing with a conman, a smooth and smart one, that can present the image of a good adopter and then act muka kesian to sell them off ... this smart guy got good brains to hide his tracks, tell lies looking straight into your eyes without blinking ... no schoolboy stuff ... so you think that by calling him on his cellular he will answer you pronto and spill all the beans? A pro like him would definitely be using another cellular right now rather than be bothered by spam calls interupting his peaceful daily life.

Itu pun kalau dia kasi nama betul iaitu "Shah Firdaus" and he is really working at UTAR.

Andy, what is his IP? Got proxy? It helps a little to know which UTAR campus. KL pun ada beberapa ... Section 13 PJ got 1, Sg Long got 1 and Jalan Genting Klang, Setapak got 1 as well. Itu pun kalau betul dia attached to UTAR.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

I now doubt Shah Firdaus is his real name since he did not even bother to give his own email id ... and he is not attached to UTAR. Even the photo may not be his. Dead end, case closed. I have done what I humanly can, at least I have tried and with a heavy heart, I will now leave it to the Almighty to do that which I cannot do but know that He can and He will. Amen!

Yes, karma, BellXun, karma ...
Old 01-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Petfinder Moderator

He's not attached to UTAR? You called UTAR?

But the name sounds like a genuine name, unlike say, Blackie007....
And he posted a photo. Hmmm.....maybe not his photo either?

Quote:
I now doubt Shah Firdaus is his real name since he did not even bother to give his own email id ... and he is not attached to UTAR. Even the photo may not be his. Dead end, case closed. I have done what I humanly can, at least I have tried and with a heavy heart, I will now leave it to the Almighty to do that which I cannot do but know that He can and He will. Amen!

Yes, karma, BellXun, karma ...
Old 01-22-2009, 08:03 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellXun View Post
Well said Andy, u sound abit like a lawyer. hehehe. all the choice of words. it almost sounded like proffesor. hehehe.

Ascyen I think you r being abit harsh on jac, ppl already feel bad the kittens went to the wrong hands and yet u still stab her once more with fees theory.(If adopting a pet is too pricy, then alot of genuine adopter will be taken back). Well, i dont want to start fighting but, personally I think scolding a crying child on broken vase is bad. but scold a laughing child on a broken vase is correct. hehehe :) .peace.

I belive in Karma. so I am not too fuss about events like this. and I do hope the kittens were bought by decent adopters so no further harm can get to the kitties.
Well well, I dunno if I should shoot you down or not. I'll try to be nice and explain things to you first. If the rescuers themselves are not strict in rehoming there will never be and end in the homeless anmals. PAWS use to rehome without spaying long ago and make the adopters promise to bring back the animal to spay. But only very few of them do so and some others go mia.

Secondly for example I rescue a dog which is terribly sick and I spend 1k for the dog and I decide to charge RM350 for the adoption. I have to bear RM650 for the dog from my own pockets. I do not mind actually to bear that cost but then I can't save another dog for a long time. And I know you will still think RM350 is expensive.

Lastly let's say they labrador that I offered you previously. 8mths old and has a MKA cert and is from a champion line. The adopter paid RM200 for the neutering. And on the spot takes him to the vet to get his heartworm test done and put him on prevention that costs another RM220 and paid the vet extra RM200 to help other homeless dogs. Let's minus the last amount. If I have done all these for the dog it would cost the adopter RM440. I would say you can never get a champion line dog at this cheap price. Some more it's fully vaccinated, neutered and also heartworm prevention done for a whole year.

There are many genuine adopters out there but if they cannot afford to own a dog then it's pointless. I won't let the lab( or any other dog) go to a home where they eat only rice and some leftovers daily. They deserve better and in my place they eat raw food and premium quality kibbles.. How to rehome them to a lousier place than mine. Kind of defeat the purpose of rescuing the dog if it's no better than living in the streets.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:39 AM
PetFinder Guru

BellXun is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
Well well, I dunno if I should shoot you down or not. I'll try to be nice and explain things to you first. If the rescuers themselves are not strict in rehoming there will never be and end in the homeless anmals. PAWS use to rehome without spaying long ago and make the adopters promise to bring back the animal to spay. But only very few of them do so and some others go mia.

Lastly let's say they labrador that I offered you previously. 8mths old and has a MKA cert and is from a champion line. The adopter paid RM200 for the neutering. And on the spot takes him to the vet to get his heartworm test done and put him on prevention that costs another RM220 and paid the vet extra RM200 to help other homeless dogs. Let's minus the last amount. If I have done all these for the dog it would cost the adopter RM440. I would say you can never get a champion line dog at this cheap price. Some more it's fully vaccinated, neutered and also heartworm prevention done for a whole year.

There are many genuine adopters out there but if they cannot afford to own a dog then it's pointless. I won't let the lab( or any other dog) go to a home where they eat only rice and some leftovers daily. They deserve better and in my place they eat raw food and premium quality kibbles.. How to rehome them to a lousier place than mine. Kind of defeat the purpose of rescuing the dog if it's no better than living in the streets.

About the Labador. Erm, well i myself know i cant afford to have a pure breed now, even if i manage to have one i cant afford to treat it good (financially) at the moment. Well, Maybe one day if I got rich and own my own house with a garden, then I will consider adopting a pure breed. And also live up to your definition of a good dog owner. but for now, cant afford. Plus parents are back from overseas, so house more crowded, and have to relocate my dog from big garage to small size backyard. :(. Even more imposible to have a lab now. luckly i didnt get it from u then.

Well, anyway, Back to real topic. all I am saying is that Jacq is a veteran dog rescuer, she must have know all about charging the adopter and stuff. but she didnt. In my view she is the victim, and u further victimize her when u say its her fault entierly, that its her responsibilty to do this do that. In my personal view both parties the bad adopter and the unlucky rescuer is at fault but the unethical adopter is more to be blamed and not the dog rescuer.

Relax~~~

PS: oklah dun shoot me la, I'll try to be a better owner.

Last edited by BellXun; 01-23-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

BellXun, the animals are the victims (because at the end of the day, somehow or rather, whichever way you look at it, they are the ones that suffer and bleed), the con oppotunistic adopter the criminal that ought to be castrated, and the pet rescuer ... aiyoyo, mentality orang kita ni tak leh kasi barang free ... borang kerajaan pun kena caj RM1, kalau tidak orang ambik banyak-banyak lepas tu bungkus nasi lemak!.

Last edited by FurKids; 01-23-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Bungkus nasi lemak????

But Furkids, not everyone abuses or takes for granted free stuff. My cat is free....I found him, yet I give him the best I can, to such an extent he has become a demanding, spoilt brat in my home.

And I know of a few forum members here who takes in free adoptions and treat them like precious gold.

So, not everyone is like that....please don't generalise.

Quote:
BellXun, the animals are the victims (because at the end of the day, somehow or rather, whichever way you look at it, they are the ones that suffer and bleed), the con oppotunistic adopter the criminal that ought to be castrated, and the pet rescuer ... aiyoyo, mentality orang kita ni tak leh kasi barang free ... borang kerajaan pun kena caj RM1, kalau tidak orang ambik banyak-banyak lepas tu bungkus nasi lemak!.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Bungkus nasi lemak????

But Furkids, not everyone abuses or takes for granted free stuff. My cat is free....I found him, yet I give him the best I can, to such an extent he has become a demanding, spoilt brat in my home.

And I know of a few forum members here who takes in free adoptions and treat them like precious gold.

So, not everyone is like that....please don't generalise.
Generalising means segolongan besar macam tu, it doesn't mean that everyone termasuk Blackie or Whitie pun mcm tu. And the payment is to filter out the baddie even though goodies are exist. Baddies are very good at camoflaging themselves as goodies, that is why filtering is always important rather than assume everybody in the world is good. If you are on guard that someone is bad and he turns out to be bad, you will not be cheated. If you assume the person is good, puts down your guard and the person cheats you, you will suffer. But if you are on guard that someone is bad and he turns out to be good, you will not be cheated but have a good pleasant experience and find yourself a nice friend.

Kalau Blackie, saya pon kasik ferrrriiiiiiiiii .... don't wokri, tapi kalau saya tak kenal Blackie, saya masih kena taroh price tag siang-siang .... mana tahu, Reddie ke Blueeee the conman penyamar datang ....
Old 01-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Furkids, thanks for the taking the time to explain, and I know where you're coming from. You're just trying to protect the animals you've rescued and made sure they have a good home.

But, I still feel it's a bit extreme to assume everyone is a baddie unless proven a goodie. It's like saying a person is guilty of a crime until proven innocent.

I think it's more moderate to use our own instinct, and to let the cat/dog use their instinct, too. I believe it's important to see if the cat or dog to be adopted likes the person who's going to adopt them. In this way, a bond between animal and human has been established right from the start, and it'll be a lot harder for the human to discard the pet later.

And I believe that conman like this Shah Firdaus could have been detected or suspected for the conman he is if we are more vigilant. I'm not saying I'm good at distinguishing a baddie from a goodie, but surely a baddie can't be that convincing as a goodie....

My point is:
1) ASK MORE PROBING QUESTIONS of the potential adopter.
2) LISTEN CAREFULLY to what he/she says (a person inadvertently reveal themselves through what they say).
3) DON'T BE TOO QUICK OR EAGER to let the animal go, there will always be another adopter.
4) To me, price is not the issue here, as someone could be willing to pay for the animal, and then resell it at a higher price, or abandon it later if they got tired of the animal.

If you look at the pets for adoption, forum members like Acsyen has a number of purebreds for adoption. Their previous owners would have paid an arm and a leg for them with MKA certs, yet they discarded them like some overnight nasi lemak. No, money is not the issue here, in my humble opinion. It's having the heart for the animals. Those people have money to pay but have no heart for them.

Sorry, just my 5 cents!

Quote:
Generalising means segolongan besar macam tu, it doesn't mean that everyone termasuk Blackie or Whitie pun mcm tu. And the payment is to filter out the baddie even though goodies are exist. Baddies are very good at camoflaging themselves as goodies, that is why filtering is always important rather than assume everybody in the world is good. If you are on guard that someone is bad and he turns out to be bad, you will not be cheated. If you assume the person is good, puts down your guard and the person cheats you, you will suffer. But if you are on guard that someone is bad and he turns out to be good, you will not be cheated but have a good pleasant experience and find yourself a nice friend.

Kalau Blackie, saya pon kasik ferrrriiiiiiiiii .... don't wokri, tapi kalau saya tak kenal Blackie, saya masih kena taroh price tag siang-siang .... mana tahu, Reddie ke Blueeee the conman penyamar datang ....
Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Furkids, thanks for the taking the time to explain, and I know where you're coming from. You're just trying to protect the animals you've rescued and made sure they have a good home.

But, I still feel it's a bit extreme to assume everyone is a baddie unless proven a goodie. It's like saying a person is guilty of a crime until proven innocent.
I don't care, for the animals' sake , I would gladly go to the extreme. Better safe than sorry because they are at the suffering end, poor dears, not me. Biar muka saya tebal for their sake and take all your rotten tomatoes, saya tak pedulik!
Quote:
And I believe that conman like this Shah Firdaus could have been detected or suspected for the conman he is if we are more vigilant. I'm not saying I'm good at distinguishing a baddie from a goodie, but surely a baddie can't be that convincing as a goodie.....
Yes, they can be very convincing ... my colleagues and I have met many in our line of business (kan I dah kata, they can look at you straight in the eye without blinking and lie through their teeth wan, taroh in police interogation room pun don't spill any beans!), so we do not flatter outselves to think that we are smart enough to sniff them out. We would rather not be burned. (Hehehehehhhh!!! The Americans voted Bush for two terms and he turned out to be the worst president ... wakakakakaaaaa!!!)
Quote:
My point is:
1) ASK MORE PROBING QUESTIONS of the potential adopter.
2) LISTEN CAREFULLY to what he/she says (a person inadvertently reveal themselves through what they say).
3) DON'T BE TOO QUICK OR EAGER to let the animal go, there will always be another adopter.......
I don't think anyone ever disagreed with this. We serious ones always have that 1km panjang punya teruk questionaire list ready in our pocket ...
Quote:
4) To me, price is not the issue here, as someone could be willing to pay for the animal, and then resell it at a higher price, or abandon it later if they got tired of the animal.

If you look at the pets for adoption, forum members like Acsyen has a number of purebreds for adoption. Their previous owners would have paid an arm and a leg for them with MKA certs, yet they discarded them like some overnight nasi lemak. No, money is not the issue here, in my humble opinion. It's having the heart for the animals. Those people have money to pay but have no heart for them.
This one goes without saying la, mcm one of my neighbours who drives around in 2 big cars, he paid the petshop to get a new dog for his daughter, then paid up to get rid of it at PAWS when she fell out of love with it, then paid the petshop for a new one for her, then paid PAWS again to get rid of it again, then paid again to get a new ugly mug and I am just counting the days when that unlucky dog will go off just like the others before it because now I see the girl grown up already and more interested in spending time with her young boyfriend and the gila father and maid end up taking the dog for poo-poo in the field and no daughter in sight!

Last edited by FurKids; 01-23-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Shameless Man Resells Adopted Kitten

Yes, FK.we pet rescuer sudah bikin 1km questionaire for my the potential adopter. I dunno abt other people.But people like us (the pet rescuer) punya instinct normally accurate. We can see the true cat lovers from the fake one. Contohnya, you advertise 2 cats for adoption.1 DLH and 1 DSH.If they pick DLH I normally tell them that DLH taken already. If I offer them DSH tp dia tak mau then u knowlah. But if they said,well ok.DSH tu pun cantik juga.then kita blh start kasih 1 km questions.another method, u advertise not so good looking cat.klu dia call dan tanya, then next 1km questions. Thank goodness so far my cats yg I dah rehome are doing well. Tmrw ada 1 lady nak amik Tiger and Manja from Superblack gang.ini kucing one look not good looking but she is willing to take the kittens so that DBKL tak angkut ke klinik kembiri. we'll see tmrw. I'm going to her house in Kajang tmrw.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:33 PM
PetFinder Buddy

azris is on a distinguished road

aku rasa nak tumbuk aje dia ni.... seriously....some people are so damn heartless..and he is definitely one of them!!!!....